Old 08-10-2003, 08:27 PM
limey

Default Differences in eating habits

"Ariane Jenkins" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 01:15:34 -0400, Bolivar wrote:

We both love trying
new things, spicy food, darn near any ethnic food, etc. (Shaddup,
Boli!)

Hey!! I didn't even say anything! Sheesh, even when I try to behave, I
get in trouble.

It's 'cause I know you're thinking it. ;P We DO have some
foods we don't care for, and our list is longer than yours, buddy!

Ariane

P.S. I've never seen you try and behave.

Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
Hi to you and Boli.

Dora

Old 08-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Ariane Jenkins

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, limey wrote:

Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
Hi to you and Boli.

LOL, you haven't heard, Dora... Erik and I went to a sushi bar
and they had deep fried oysters (panko crumbs) as an appetizer. Well,
it was a long shot, but we were both curious so we ordered it. The
verdict...

Not bad! It's not my favorite food, but I'd eat it again. The
sushi bar served it with hot mustard and mayonnaise, but I'd prefer
cocktail sauce. Boli is gloating that I'm a convert, which I am
NOT. But I'm open to trying it again. g

Ariane

Old 08-10-2003, 09:39 PM
limey

"Ariane Jenkins" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, limey wrote:

Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
Hi to you and Boli.

LOL, you haven't heard, Dora... Erik and I went to a sushi bar
and they had deep fried oysters (panko crumbs) as an appetizer. Well,
it was a long shot, but we were both curious so we ordered it. The
verdict...

Not bad! It's not my favorite food, but I'd eat it again. The
sushi bar served it with hot mustard and mayonnaise, but I'd prefer
cocktail sauce. Boli is gloating that I'm a convert, which I am
NOT. But I'm open to trying it again. g

Ariane

Fried oysters? Delicious - I knew you could do it!
I agree - cocktail sauce. I can't picture mustard and mayonnaise - but
then, I still haven't had the courage to try sushi, either, so you're one up
on me! That Boli, that troublemaker (VBG).
BTW - is the chat room still visited?

Dora

Old 08-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Ariane Jenkins

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:39:01 -0400, limey wrote:

Fried oysters? Delicious - I knew you could do it!
I agree - cocktail sauce. I can't picture mustard and mayonnaise - but
then, I still haven't had the courage to try sushi, either, so you're one up
on me! That Boli, that troublemaker (VBG).

He claims to be an innocent bystander, so that makes him a liar,
too. g

The mayo and mustard were unusual... The appetizer actually
came with a pile of finely shredded lettuce, a dollop of mayo
(Japanese mayo I think, it tastes a little richer and eggier to me
than say, Hellman's) and another of the same hot mustard you get in
Chinese restaurants. OH, and a dish of teriyaki dipping sauce,
I'd forgotten about that. One of the owners indicated we were to mix
the mayo with the lettuce as an accompaniment, but we didn't really do
much of that...there was too much food as it was.

BTW - is the chat room still visited?

Yep, it is...drop on by! People aren't always there by early
evening, but you can usually find someone on after 9 pm EST.

Ariane
Old 09-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Gar

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, "limey" wrote:

Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
Hi to you and Boli.

Dora

OMG! Smoked oysters in oil are awsome.

Gar

Old 09-10-2003, 05:47 PM
limey

Gar wrote in message ...
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, "limey" wrote:

Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
Hi to you and Boli.

Dora

OMG! Smoked oysters in oil are awsome.

Gar

Agreed - I've had them at parties and they don't last five minutes. I've
also had them scrubbed, baked in the oven until the shells open, then
scarfed them up. Good eating!

Dora

Old 09-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Rick & Cyndi

Gar wrote in message
: On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, "limey"
wrote:
:
:
: Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
: Hi to you and Boli.
:
: Dora
:
:
: OMG! Smoked oysters in oil are awsome.
:
: Gar
========
Nonononononononononon. Raw baby! Raw! *That's* how your
s'posed to eat oysters. If ya want smoke - light up a cig!

But if you really have to 'do' something to them... Oysters
Rockefeller or Kiev!!

Cyndi
(snort - oysters don't come in a can...)

Old 09-10-2003, 09:11 PM
limey

"Rick & Cyndi" wrote in message
. net...
Gar wrote in message
: On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0400, "limey"
wrote:
:
:
: Make sure oysters are on your list, Ariane! BG
: Hi to you and Boli.
:
: Dora
:
:
: OMG! Smoked oysters in oil are awsome.
:
: Gar
========
Nonononononononononon. Raw baby! Raw! *That's* how your
s'posed to eat oysters. If ya want smoke - light up a cig!

But if you really have to 'do' something to them... Oysters
Rockefeller or Kiev!!

Cyndi
(snort - oysters don't come in a can...)

Oysters-any-way are great, except don't offer me oyster stew.

Dora

Old 09-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Gar

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:11:07 -0400, "limey" wrote:

Oysters-any-way are great, except don't offer me oyster stew.

Would you like a nice bowl of oyster stew? g

Gar
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 AM
limey

Gar wrote in message ...
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:11:07 -0400, "limey" wrote:

Oysters-any-way are great, except don't offer me oyster stew.

Would you like a nice bowl of oyster stew? g

Gar

And I bet you tormented girls at school, too! G

Dora