Nexis

Default Differences in eating habits

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Ray called last night from a restaurant in Kansas City. Said he'd had to
> send his steak back twice. Why? Because he likes his steak well done.

I,
> OTOH, prefer mine just about to walk off the plate! Medium-rare is as

close
> as I like to get to well done. He also prefers steak fries as opposed to

> good crispy-skinned rubbed-with- butter-sprinkled-with-salt baked potato.

> like steamed broccoli without cheese sauce; he wants it boiled to death

and
> covered with cheese.
>
> It is a wonder we get along at all! We do, however, agree on Cajun food.
> When I told him I'd made red beans & rice with chaurice sausage for dinner
> he said, "Damn! Now *that's* what I want!"
>
> He makes a darn fine seafood gumbo, too. A bit heavy on the okra, but
> that's okay.
>
> Jill

I'm lucky in that my husband likes most everything I make at home, and tells
me often. Nothing like a bit of appreciation to make your evening! Dining
out, now, that's a different story. He likes his meat like you do. When we
met, I ordered everything well because that was what my father ate,
therefore what we all ate. In time, I began to order medium well, and
noticed an immediate different. Now, I order medium, and that's as far as I
go. I do not like the softness of meat cooked med rare, which is what he
likes about it.
He likes spicy; I like intensely flavored, but not spicy at all. He loves
cheese enchiladas; I need some chicken in there...texture you know. We do
agree on guacamole...fresh, no mayo or sour cream in it, extra lime.
I think our eating styles is a sorta parallel to other aspects of our life
together though...we both have our preferences, but we work around the parts
we don't agree on.

kimberly...who suddenly hears that old favorite "I'm a little bit Country,
You're a little bit Rock 'n' Roll playing in her head