Old 12-07-2013, 03:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Of sweet things and flavored gasoline

Todd wrote:
: On 07/11/2013 07:14 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
: On 7/11/2013 8:26 PM, Todd wrote:
: On 07/08/2013 08:41 AM, Todd wrote:
: On 07/04/2013 05:06 PM, Todd wrote:
:
: http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...kets_p_11.html
:
:
:
: http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...on-100-packets
:
: You guys got to try this one on your blueberries! No gasoline
: taste either (when used with blueberries).
:
: -T
:
:
: And in your tea (cuppa). What a treat!
:
: The Texas grocery chain Central Market packages a stevia that is
: awesome. It's in crystal form, like sugar. No off taste at all.

: What was its name?

: And, what were the other ingredients?

: I had one once that tasted pretty much like sugar. It
: contained dextrose (glucose). No wonder it tasted like
: sugar. IT WAS SUGAR!

:
: I've tried other brands and threw them out.

: I hear you. Trader Joe's has a 100% powder. Tried it.
: Regretted it. It was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e! Got over it.

: -T

What is the carb count? that will tell ou how much of the sweetness omes
fomr the sugar-stuff and how much from the artificial sweetener like
Stevia(not sugar even if from a plant. If I make a pretty rose out off a
tomato bu cutting it cleverly, the tomato is natural, but not ar ose, just
looks ike one. Stevia is from a plant, bu tno sugar so look for the
carbs.

Wendy

Old 12-07-2013, 04:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: On 7/11/2013 8:26 PM, Todd wrote:
[...]

Hi Wendy,

Stevia is zero carb. And, unlike maltodextrin, which
gets around labeling laws, really is zero carb, zero GI
(glycemic index) and zero GL (glycemic load).

To get the zero GI, they fed folks stevia and then read
their blood glucose at intervals. No effect, which got
stevia the zero GI.

-T
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/11/2013 9:14 PM, Todd wrote:
On 07/06/2013 09:55 AM, KROM wrote:
the thing is if you read most stevia ingredients on the store shelves
they are 99 percent erythritol or xylitol and one percent stevia...

they do this to cover the bitter stevia.

so might as well just go pure erythritol or xylitol

KROM

Hi KROM,

I hear you. Sugar Alcohols give me stomach cramps and
make me fart. (Not an admission that I fart.) Add to that:
liar's glucose (maltodextrin) and glucose/dextrose. No
wonder it tastes sweet. (Maltodextrin in not actually
that sweet even thought it is a long chain glucose molecule.)

This one takes pains to be natural. The ingredients:

Inulin fiber
stevia leaf extract
natural flavors
vanilla extract
silica.

Their propaganda sheet:
http://www.cidbotanicals.com/assets/...ll%20Sheet.pdf

You have got to try the vanilla in your paleo hot cocoa!

-T

Inulin does the same thing to me as sugar alcohols.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas