Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Of sweet things and flavored gasoline

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Got to love the subject line. I really worked on it!
>
> Okay, silliness aside, Her Thropyness bought me two
> boxes of flavored Stevia: vanilla and passion flower.
>
> http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...ia-Packets-Van
> illa-Flavor--100-Packets_p_9.html#
> http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...la-100-packets
>
> http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...ia-Packets-Pas
> sion-Fruit-Flavor--100-Packets_p_11.html
> http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...on-100-packets
>
> Disclaimer: I am use to the taste of Stevia and the gasoline
> overtones don't bother me so much. If you are not use to it,
> you may gag a bit.
>
> This stevia is actually really good and natural: no sugar alcohols,
> no maltodextrin (liar's glucose). The flavors are the real thing
> too: no chemicals.
>
> My favorite is the vanilla. I adore it in my Paleo cocoa.
> I use it as a substitute for vanilla in my recipes. (I always
> sweeten things when using vanilla, so this works perfectly.)
> Although, the vanilla is rather strong -- try diluting it 1/2
> and 1/2 with regular stevia. (They make a regular stevia too.)
> I can't taste the stevia taste (gasoline) in this one.
>
> I mixed the passion flower with melted butter to make a
> berry topping. (This one have a "tiny" stevia/gasonline taste,
> but does not bother me in the slightest.)
>
> -T

I've grown stevia, and I don't understand this gasoline flavor of which
you speak. To me, habaneros have more of a petroleum flavor. Different
cultivars of stevia have different flavors to be sure from green leaf to
slight bitterness. Try growing some, and maybe you'll be happier with it.

Remember that old saying about gasoline and alcohol not mixing? Well
actually they do, it just tastes horrible ;O)
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.