Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Of sweet things and flavored gasoline

On 07/06/2013 09:55 AM, KROM wrote:
> the thing is if you read most stevia ingredients on the store shelves
> they are 99 percent erythritol or xylitol and one percent stevia...
>
> they do this to cover the bitter stevia.
>
> so might as well just go pure erythritol or xylitol
>
> KROM

Hi KROM,

I hear you. Sugar Alcohols give me stomach cramps and
make me fart. (Not an admission that I fart.) Add to that:
liar's glucose (maltodextrin) and glucose/dextrose. No
wonder it tastes sweet. (Maltodextrin in not actually
that sweet even thought it is a long chain glucose molecule.)

This one takes pains to be natural. The ingredients:

Inulin fiber
stevia leaf extract
natural flavors
vanilla extract
silica.

Their propaganda sheet:
http://www.cidbotanicals.com/assets/...ll%20Sheet.pdf

You have got to try the vanilla in your paleo hot cocoa!

-T