Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Of sweet things and flavored gasoline

Hi All,

Got to love the subject line. I really worked on it!

Okay, silliness aside, Her Thropyness bought me two
boxes of flavored Stevia: vanilla and passion flower.

http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...kets_p_9.html#
http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...la-100-packets

http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...kets_p_11.html
http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...on-100-packets

Disclaimer: I am use to the taste of Stevia and the gasoline
overtones don't bother me so much. If you are not use to it,
you may gag a bit.

This stevia is actually really good and natural: no sugar alcohols,
no maltodextrin (liar's glucose). The flavors are the real thing
too: no chemicals.

My favorite is the vanilla. I adore it in my Paleo cocoa.
I use it as a substitute for vanilla in my recipes. (I always
sweeten things when using vanilla, so this works perfectly.)
Although, the vanilla is rather strong -- try diluting it 1/2
and 1/2 with regular stevia. (They make a regular stevia too.)
I can't taste the stevia taste (gasoline) in this one.

I mixed the passion flower with melted butter to make a
berry topping. (This one have a "tiny" stevia/gasonline taste,
but does not bother me in the slightest.)

-T