Ted Campanelli

Default Gasoline prices

Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.

Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
It sure isn't the gas station
notbob

On 2005-08-31, Ted Campanelli > wrote:

> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
> It sure isn't the gas station

Don't kid yourself. These things bring out the best and worst in
people. The price gouging has already begun, one still working gas
station charging $6 gal.

nb
Sheldon

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>
> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
> It sure isn't the gas station

Don't bet on it, the guy operating the pump has the greatest control
over price... why is it there's such price disparity from one station
to another, even in the same town. It's okay with me that fuel prices
are rising rapidly, and just in time, we reallhy need to spur research
for a brand new fuel source... too many of yoose morons actually
believe oil is a bottomless barrel. At today's consumption rate there
won't be a drop of crude in 30 years... children born today will very
likely never drive an autombile, never fly in a plane, certrainly never
see a space shot, won't be any, certainly none as we know them.
Instead of bitching about gasolene costs buy stock in bicycles and sail
boats. Btw, "Our Illustrious Leader" has been dealt one of the badest
presidential hands in more than 50 years and I think he's doing a great
job, as good as any and better than most... he may not be the greatest
thinker but at least he's thinking with his big head, not his small
head like the last one, that friggin' delusional goober brained sow
chaser.

Sheldon

Dimitri

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>
>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
>> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
>> It sure isn't the gas station

> Don't bet on it, the guy operating the pump has the greatest control
> over price... why is it there's such price disparity from one station
> to another, even in the same town. It's okay with me that fuel prices
> are rising rapidly, and just in time, we reallhy need to spur research
> for a brand new fuel source... too many of yoose morons actually
> believe oil is a bottomless barrel. At today's consumption rate there
> won't be a drop of crude in 30 years... children born today will very
> likely never drive an autombile, never fly in a plane, certrainly never
> see a space shot, won't be any, certainly none as we know them.
> Instead of bitching about gasolene costs buy stock in bicycles and sail
> boats. Btw, "Our Illustrious Leader" has been dealt one of the badest
> presidential hands in more than 50 years and I think he's doing a great
> job, as good as any and better than most... he may not be the greatest
> thinker but at least he's thinking with his big head, not his small
> head like the last one, that friggin' delusional goober brained sow
> chaser.
>
> Sheldon

Don't forget the commodity brokers - of course they're not getting a piece.

Don't forget about the SUV Tax break.

Its just what we need - Soccer Mom in her 8,ooo pound ( 4 ton) tank aiming down
the road with a cell phone in one hand and a $5.00 starbucks in the other.

Dimitri

quiqueg

Ted Campanelli > wrote in news:aMqRe.4185$oJ2.1233
@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

> All
> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.

good luck. Old Europe (Italy, specifically) has it at the equivalent of
$6.05/gal

--
QQG

Sheldon

Bubbabob wrote:
> quiqueg > wrote:
>
> > Ted Campanelli > wrote in news:aMqRe.4185$oJ2.1233
> > @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
> >
> >> All
> >> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.

> > good luck. Old Europe (Italy, specifically) has it at the equivalent of
> > $6.05/gal
> >

> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

Yeah, they're called scooters.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article . com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Bubbabob wrote:
> > quiqueg > wrote:
> >
> > > Ted Campanelli > wrote in news:aMqRe.4185$oJ2.1233
> > > @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

> > > good luck. Old Europe (Italy, specifically) has it at the equivalent of
> > > $6.05/gal
> > >

> > That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

> Yeah, they're called scooters.

No Sheldon,

He's right...

They have higher gas mileage cars in Japan too.
--
Om.

Sheldon

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Sheldon" > wrote:
>
> > Bubbabob wrote:

> > > That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

> > Yeah, they're called scooters.
> >

> No Sheldon,
>
> He's right...
>
> They have higher gas mileage cars in Japan too.

By US standards those rolling coffins are not cars.

And duel fuel electric cars don't cut it, not if ya burning fossil fuel
to make the electric.

Jean B.

Bubbabob wrote:

> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
Prius. Good timing, I guess.

--
Jean B.
ScratchMonkey

"Sheldon" > wrote in news:1125532316.852912.131440
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Don't bet on it, the guy operating the pump has the greatest control
> over price... why is it there's such price disparity from one station
> to another, even in the same town.

A better question would be why people buy from the higher-priced station.
If the lemmings go there, why not take advantage of it?

Meanwhile, the higher price means that alternatives are getting more
competitive. The faster the price rises, the earlier we can move to other
sources. It's not in the oil companies' long-term interest to let the price
get so high that they lose customers to those alternatives.

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 31 Aug 2005 07:43:37p, Jean B. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Bubbabob wrote:
>>
>> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

> You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
> Prius. Good timing, I guess.

That's fine if you can afford to buy an Insight or Prius. I can't. I bought
a 2005 car that was supposed to get 30 mpg on freeway which is 95% of my
driving. I'm lucky to get 22 mpg. I had the dealer check it out a few weeks
ago and was told that there was nothing wrong with it, nor did it require any
adjustments. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 31 Aug 2005 08:03:25p, ScratchMonkey wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Sheldon" > wrote in news:1125532316.852912.131440
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Don't bet on it, the guy operating the pump has the greatest control
>> over price... why is it there's such price disparity from one station
>> to another, even in the same town.

> A better question would be why people buy from the higher-priced
> station. If the lemmings go there, why not take advantage of it?

That's something I scratch my head over. There is a huge disparity from
station to station here in Phoenix, often on 3 corners of the same
intersection, yet the 2 with the higher prices are just as filled with
customers as the cheapest one.

I won't drive out of my way for cheaper gas because I lose the advantage if
I do. However, I know specifically where I can get the lowest price and
make a point of filling up there.

> Meanwhile, the higher price means that alternatives are getting more
> competitive. The faster the price rises, the earlier we can move to
> other sources. It's not in the oil companies' long-term interest to let
> the price get so high that they lose customers to those alternatives.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Nancy Young

"Sheldon" > wrote

> By US standards those rolling coffins are not cars.

Exactly, I wouldn't get onto the nearest busy street in those
mini cars I've seen in Europe ... imagine them on the road
with a nice Expedition on your tail? No thanks.

There's also that magilla gorilla look that is good for a laugh.

> And duel fuel electric cars don't cut it, not if ya burning fossil fuel
> to make the electric.

Right, just moving the source of pollution.

nancy

Damsel in dis Dress

Ted Campanelli > said:

> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weeken

We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at the
other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14. Over $30 to
fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!

Carol
notbob

On 2005-09-01, Nancy Young > wrote:

> Exactly, I wouldn't get onto the nearest busy street in those
> mini cars I've seen in Europe ... imagine them on the road
> with a nice Expedition on your tail? No thanks.

Imagine an Exposition with a 40 ton 18 wheeler on your tail! It's all
relative and it's driving skills that safe your ass, not mass.

nb

Mr Libido Incognito

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Ted Campanelli > said:
>
> > Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> > ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> > indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weeken

> We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at
> the other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14.
> Over $30 to fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!
>
> Carol

Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Vilco

Mi e' parso che Sheldon abbia scritto:

>> They have higher gas mileage cars in Japan too.

> By US standards those rolling coffins are not cars.

If your car can't whistand a frontal collision with an Hummer 2,
you're driving just another rolling coffin.
Buy a tank.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

-L.

Sheldon wrote:
> Don't bet on it, the guy operating the pump has the greatest control
> over price... why is it there's such price disparity from one station
> to another, even in the same town. It's okay with me that fuel prices
> are rising rapidly, and just in time, we reallhy need to spur research
> for a brand new fuel source... too many of yoose morons actually
> believe oil is a bottomless barrel. At today's consumption rate there
> won't be a drop of crude in 30 years... children born today will very
> likely never drive an autombile, never fly in a plane, certrainly never
> see a space shot, won't be any, certainly none as we know them.
> Instead of bitching about gasolene costs buy stock in bicycles and sail
> boats. Btw, "Our Illustrious Leader" has been dealt one of the badest
> presidential hands in more than 50 years and I think he's doing a great
> job,

Oh, you WOULD.

Sheldon: a fine representative of Bush Supporters. LOL....

-L.

-L.

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>
> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
> It sure isn't the gas station

Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
have to pay for it. Unbelievable.

-L.

kilikini

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 01 Sep 2005 01:52:25a, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > Ted Campanelli wrote:
> >> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> >> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> >> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
> >>
> >> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
> >> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
> >> It sure isn't the gas station

> > Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
> > Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
> > have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
> >
> > -L.

> That might be easy for you to say. I live 37 miles from my workplace, and
> there is no public transportation between the two points. For me, the
> first two options aren't possible. Don't suggest I move closer. I can't
> afford that either.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

That's us too, Wayne. We're in a rural area, no public transportation. My
hubby drives between an hour and a half to two hours each way to work every
day. These gas prices are going to be tough to combat, aren't they?

kili

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 01:52:25a, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>
>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
>> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
>> It sure isn't the gas station

> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>
> -L.

That might be easy for you to say. I live 37 miles from my workplace, and
there is no public transportation between the two points. For me, the
first two options aren't possible. Don't suggest I move closer. I can't
afford that either.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Nancy Young

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2005-09-01, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> Exactly, I wouldn't get onto the nearest busy street in those
>> mini cars I've seen in Europe ... imagine them on the road
>> with a nice Expedition on your tail? No thanks.

> Imagine an Exposition with a 40 ton 18 wheeler on your tail! It's all
> relative and it's driving skills that safe your ass, not mass.

Of course that's true, but I've driven in a whole lot of traffic,
knock wood give me a professional driver driving a semi over
some kid in a monster suv speeding to school while talking to
ashley on the phone.

Besides, I've accelerated my way out of trouble more than
once, I'm not big on large cars, but I do like a midsize car
with some oomph.

nancy

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 04:37:06a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 01 Sep 2005 01:52:25a, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>> That might be easy for you to say. I live 37 miles from my workplace,
>> and there is no public transportation between the two points. For me,
>> the first two options aren't possible. Don't suggest I move closer. I
>> can't afford that either.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> That's us too, Wayne. We're in a rural area, no public transportation.
> My hubby drives between an hour and a half to two hours each way to work
> every day. These gas prices are going to be tough to combat, aren't
> they?
>
> kili

That's for sure, kili. It started getting tough for us when it climbed
over $2.00/gal. The only adjustable part of our budget is food, so I guess
we eat less! At present I am able to work from home 1 day a week. If the
price climbs much more (and no doubt it will), I'm thinking of asking if
adding another day at home is possible.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Debbie

I filled up in the am yesterday at 96.8. By afternoon the price had jumped
to 1.24.6. that is per litre.

Debbie

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
| Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking
|
| > Ted Campanelli > said:
| >
| > > Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
| > > ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
| > > indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weeken
| >
| > We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at
| > the other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14.
| > Over $30 to fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!
| >
| > Carol
| >

| Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.
|
| --
| The eyes are the mirrors....
| But the ears...Ah the ears.
| The ears keep the hat up.

biig

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Ted Campanelli > said:
> >
> > > Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
> > > ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
> > > indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weeken

> > We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at
> > the other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14.
> > Over $30 to fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!
> >
> > Carol
> >

> Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.
>
> --
> The eyes are the mirrors....
> But the ears...Ah the ears.
> The ears keep the hat up.

You must be in the west. Here in SW Ontario the price leaped 23 cents
per litre from 95.5 to 1.18.5 overnight. That translates to about 80
cents per US gallon......Sharon

Roberta

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 01 Sep 2005 01:52:25a, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>>Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>
>>>Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>>>ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>>>indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>>
>>>Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
>>>the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
>>>It sure isn't the gas station

>>Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>>Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>>have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>
>>-L.

> That might be easy for you to say. I live 37 miles from my workplace, and
> there is no public transportation between the two points. For me, the
> first two options aren't possible. Don't suggest I move closer. I can't
> afford that either.

Us too - My husband drives an hour to work in traffic (it's only about a
35-40 minute drive without traffic) We can't move closer for many reason
(we are renting, can't break the lease and well the schools close to
base are HORRIBLE as are most of the neighborhoods) It was costing him
$30.00 a week to drive to work - now it will be costing us more :/

The closest grocery store is a 10 minute drive for us (and I don't see
myself putting my 5 year old and 3 year old on the back of a bike to get
there)

Roberta (in VA)
Dee Randall

"Bubbabob" > wrote in message
. 3.30...
> "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Bubbabob wrote:
>>>
>>> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

>> You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
>> Prius. Good timing, I guess.
>>

> And in ten years of driving you'll just about break even on the extra
> purchase expense.
> That kind of thinking almost kept us from buying a different vehicle 5
> years ago, so we put a new engine in one and then bought another in 3
> years. I'm glad we bought the newer gas mileage vehicle now.

Dee Dee

Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Wed 31 Aug 2005 07:43:37p, Jean B. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Bubbabob wrote:
>>>
>>> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

>> You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
>> Prius. Good timing, I guess.
>>

> That's fine if you can afford to buy an Insight or Prius. I can't. I
> bought
> a 2005 car that was supposed to get 30 mpg on freeway which is 95% of my
> driving. I'm lucky to get 22 mpg. I had the dealer check it out a few
> weeks
> ago and was told that there was nothing wrong with it, nor did it require
> any
> adjustments. :-(
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I bought my first car in 1959, it was a little bug Volvo which was supposed
(they said) to get comparable mileage to the VW; it NEVER got over 8 miles a
gallon for 6 years! Every dealer in 3 states checked it out. I still think
of the screwing I took on that car. Nope -- too poor to get rid of it.
Dee Dee

Dee Randall

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>
>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
>> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
>> It sure isn't the gas station

> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>
> -L.

All of America's population doesn't all live near public transportation; All
of America's population is not able to walk to grocery stores or medical
facilities; All of America's population cannot ride a bike. There are many
of us who live a country life and are dependent on oil and love to bitch,
because it is our 'right' to bitch when we pay more for a product than we
think we should pay! Geez, why should we roll over!
Bitchingly,
Dee Dee

Gabby

"biig" > wrote in message ...

| Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
| >
| > Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

| > > We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at
| > > the other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14.
| > > Over $30 to fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!
| > >
| > > Carol
| > >

| > Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.
| >
| > --
| > The eyes are the mirrors....
| > But the ears...Ah the ears.
| > The ears keep the hat up.
|
| You must be in the west. Here in SW Ontario the price leaped 23 cents
| per litre from 95.5 to 1.18.5 overnight. That translates to about 80
| cents per US gallon......Sharon

Wait a minute... 80¢/US gallon?? Don't think so. A US gallon is 3.79
litres. At 1.185 that makes a US gallon $4.491 Canadian or $3.79 US at the
present exchange rate.

Gabby

Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message

> Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
>>
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

>> > We were still able to fill our tank with $2.91 gas tonight. But at
>> > the other end of town, all the stations are selling it for $3.14.
>> > Over $30 to fill the tank of a little Neon. Sheesh!
>> >
>> > Carol
>> >

>> Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.
>>
>> --
>> The eyes are the mirrors....
>> But the ears...Ah the ears.
>> The ears keep the hat up.

> You must be in the west. Here in SW Ontario the price leaped 23
> cents
> per litre from 95.5 to 1.18.5 overnight. That translates to about 80
> cents per US gallon......Sharon

In Uk we pay 90pence per litre

Ophelia

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>>
>>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some
>>> of
>>> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money
>>> ?
>>> It sure isn't the gas station

>> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>
>> -L.

> All of America's population doesn't all live near public
> transportation; All of America's population is not able to walk to
> grocery stores or medical facilities; All of America's population
> cannot ride a bike. There are many of us who live a country life and
> are dependent on oil and love to bitch, because it is our 'right' to
> bitch when we pay more for a product than we think we should pay!
> Geez, why should we roll over!
> Bitchingly,
> Dee Dee

O admires Dee Dee's bitching.. I say old thing.... jolly well done <G>

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 06:34:42a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> :

>>> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>>> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>>> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>>
>>> -L.

>> That might be easy for you to say. I live 37 miles from my workplace,
>> and there is no public transportation between the two points. For me,
>> the first two options aren't possible. Don't suggest I move closer.
>> I can't afford that either.
>>

> I don't drive much these days. School is 6 1/2 miles away and most of
> the shopping is very close by. I'm still shocked when I fill up every
> couple of weeks. Gas as of last night was $2.48 which I'm told is the
> lowest it has been in a week or two. It cost about $50 to fill the
> tank. I get between 15 and 17 mpg. If I had a long commute, my
> gasoline bill would be about $100 every week. Sheesh...
>
> Michael <- glad he didn't buy the X5 with the V8 engine and crappy gas
> mileage

Are you going to school?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
biig

Gabby wrote:

> "biig" > wrote in message ...
> |

> | Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> | >
> | > Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 01 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> | > Up here it is $1.09 a quart/liter, tell me about it.
> | >
> | > --
> | > The eyes are the mirrors....
> | > But the ears...Ah the ears.
> | > The ears keep the hat up.
> |
> | You must be in the west. Here in SW Ontario the price leaped 23 cents
> | per litre from 95.5 to 1.18.5 overnight. That translates to about 80
> | cents per US gallon......Sharon
>
> Wait a minute... 80¢/US gallon?? Don't think so. A US gallon is 3.79
> litres. At 1.185 that makes a US gallon $4.491 Canadian or $3.79 US at the
> present exchange rate.
>
> Gabby

Sorry, I didn't word that right. My meaning was that it "increased"
the equivalent of 80 cents for a US gallon.....Sharon
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 06:36:24a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>>
>>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some
>>> of the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money
>>> ? It sure isn't the gas station

>> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>
>> -L.

> All of America's population doesn't all live near public transportation;
> All of America's population is not able to walk to grocery stores or
> medical facilities; All of America's population cannot ride a bike.
> There are many of us who live a country life and are dependent on oil
> and love to bitch, because it is our 'right' to bitch when we pay more
> for a product than we think we should pay! Geez, why should we roll
> over! Bitchingly,
> Dee Dee

Well done, Dee!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

MoM

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>> Well, here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
>>> ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
>>> indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
>>>
>>> Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
>>> the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
>>> It sure isn't the gas station

>> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>
>> -L.

> All of America's population doesn't all live near public transportation;
> All of America's population is not able to walk to grocery stores or
> medical facilities; All of America's population cannot ride a bike. There
> are many of us who live a country life and are dependent on oil and love
> to bitch, because it is our 'right' to bitch when we pay more for a
> product than we think we should pay! Geez, why should we roll over!
> Bitchingly,
> Dee Dee

Our gas prices are fluctuating wildly. Yesterday morning $1.19.9, then down
to 94.9. Today started at 1.25.9

As the gas station people say, there is really no reason because the gas has
been in the ground since last week.

My husband has to drive to work an hour each way. Thankfully, that ends on
the 15th. There is no decent
public transport in Southern Ontario.

In August the price of Gas in the UK was 1.64229 per litre.

Today?

The average price of unleaded petrol in the UK has risen above 90p a litre
for the first time.
Catalist, which monitors prices, says the average for unleaded is 90.2p a
litre, and just under 94p for diesel.

1 litre equals 0.2641721 gallon.

You work it out.

MoM

Ophelia

"MoM" > wrote in message
news:1125585526.98207a8c8bd5288b167aae22a4822747@t eranews...

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>
>> "-L." > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> Really easy solution: Walk, ride a bike or use public trans.
>>> Americans make themselves dependant on oil and then bitch when they
>>> have to pay for it. Unbelievable.
>>>
>>> -L.

>> All of America's population doesn't all live near public
>> transportation; All of America's population is not able to walk to
>> grocery stores or medical facilities; All of America's population
>> cannot ride a bike. There are many of us who live a country life and
>> are dependent on oil and love to bitch, because it is our 'right' to
>> bitch when we pay more for a product than we think we should pay!
>> Geez, why should we roll over!
>> Bitchingly,
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Our gas prices are fluctuating wildly. Yesterday morning $1.19.9,
> then down to 94.9. Today started at 1.25.9
>
> As the gas station people say, there is really no reason because the
> gas has been in the ground since last week.
>
> My husband has to drive to work an hour each way. Thankfully, that
> ends on the 15th. There is no decent
> public transport in Southern Ontario.
>
> In August the price of Gas in the UK was 1.64229 per litre.
>
> Today?
>
> The average price of unleaded petrol in the UK has risen above 90p a
> litre for the first time.
> Catalist, which monitors prices, says the average for unleaded is
> 90.2p a litre, and just under 94p for diesel.
>
> 1 litre equals 0.2641721 gallon.
>

> You work it out.

Yep! All thanks to Gordon Brown our chancellor of the exchequer!!!!

Motorists are hated here. They are chased instead of criminals

Applecandy

Bubbabob wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote:
>
> > Bubbabob wrote:
> >>
> >> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

> > You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
> > Prius. Good timing, I guess.
> >

> And in ten years of driving you'll just about break even on the extra
> purchase expense.

I was under the impression that the main advantage of hybrid cars was
not so much "saving money" but contributing less overall pollution to
the environment--in other words, more of an issue of conscience than an
issue of economics. But I would be interested in hearing from anyone
who might elucidate me otherwise.

Applecandy

Dimitri

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> I bought my first car in 1959, it was a little bug Volvo which was supposed
> (they said) to get comparable mileage to the VW; it NEVER got over 8 miles a
> gallon for 6 years! Every dealer in 3 states checked it out. I still think
> of the screwing I took on that car. Nope -- too poor to get rid of it.
> Dee Dee

You mean the 544? or the 444 or the P540 ? The man lied through his teeth. I
had a 58' - that car use the BMC 1.5 liter 4 banger with twin SU'S - 8 MPG is
very very low. aside from that gas was about 30 cents a gallon. A buck for gas
and one couls cruse all night looking for "chicks"

5 Guys ina Volvo I wonder why none of the girls ever got in?

LOL

Dimitri

-L.

Dee Randall wrote:
> All of America's population doesn't all live near public transportation; All
> of America's population is not able to walk to grocery stores or medical
> facilities; All of America's population cannot ride a bike.

All except the last pretty much are choices. Sure, we could have
bought a home 30 miles from DH's work, the grocery, the library, the
swimming pool - we chose not to. Many, many people have that same
choice and do not make it. Then they bitch because they have to buy
gas.

There are many
> of us who live a country life and are dependent on oil and love to bitch,
> because it is our 'right' to bitch when we pay more for a product than we
> think we should pay! Geez, why should we roll over!
> Bitchingly,
> Dee Dee

Bitching about somethintg you have no control over is fruitless. And I
like fruit.

-L.