Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Of sweet things and flavored gasoline

On 07/11/2013 07:52 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 07/11/2013 07:14 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> : > On 7/11/2013 8:26 PM, Todd wrote:
> : >> On 07/08/2013 08:41 AM, Todd wrote:
> : >>> On 07/04/2013 05:06 PM, Todd wrote:
> : >>>
> : >>>> http://www.cidbotanicals.com/Cid-Bot...kets_p_11.html
> : >>>>
> : >>>>
> : >>>>
> : >>>> http://www.vitacost.com/cid-botanica...on-100-packets
> : >>>
> : >>> You guys got to try this one on your blueberries! No gasoline
> : >>> taste either (when used with blueberries).
> : >>>
> : >>> -T
> : >>
> : >>
> : >> And in your tea (cuppa). What a treat!
> : >
> : > The Texas grocery chain Central Market packages a stevia that is
> : > awesome. It's in crystal form, like sugar. No off taste at all.
>
> : What was its name?
>
> : And, what were the other ingredients?
>
> : I had one once that tasted pretty much like sugar. It
> : contained dextrose (glucose). No wonder it tasted like
> : sugar. IT WAS SUGAR!
>
> : >
> : > I've tried other brands and threw them out.
>
> : I hear you. Trader Joe's has a 100% powder. Tried it.
> : Regretted it. It was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e! Got over it.
>
> : -T
>
> What is the carb count? that will tell ou how much of the sweetness omes
> fomr the sugar-stuff and how much from the artificial sweetener like
> Stevia(not sugar even if from a plant. If I make a pretty rose out off a
> tomato bu cutting it cleverly, the tomato is natural, but not ar ose, just
> looks ike one. Stevia is from a plant, bu tno sugar so look for the
> carbs.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Stevia is zero carb. And, unlike maltodextrin, which
gets around labeling laws, really is zero carb, zero GI
(glycemic index) and zero GL (glycemic load).

To get the zero GI, they fed folks stevia and then read
their blood glucose at intervals. No effect, which got
stevia the zero GI.

-T