Old 31-05-2013, 04:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Radishes

This topic has probably come up before but I'll bring it up again.

I had stopped eating them although I loved them because they seemed to be
giving me bad dreams. Whatever that was, seems to have stopped.

The Aquaria where we sometimes eat has a condiment bar and I always get a
dish of sliced radishes that my mom and I share. I have discovered that
they are excellent to use to dip up the bean dip!

And I recently purchased some for pasta salad. But the next time I bought
them from the same store they were so hot they were painful to eat.

I usually just eat them straight up or in a salad. How do you eat yours?

Old 31-05-2013, 06:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
This topic has probably come up before but I'll bring it up again.

I had stopped eating them although I loved them because they seemed to be
giving me bad dreams. Whatever that was, seems to have stopped.

The Aquaria where we sometimes eat has a condiment bar and I always get a
dish of sliced radishes that my mom and I share. I have discovered that
they are excellent to use to dip up the bean dip!

And I recently purchased some for pasta salad. But the next time I bought
them from the same store they were so hot they were painful to eat.

I usually just eat them straight up or in a salad. How do you eat yours?

I usually buy them at the .99 cent store already cleaned and bagged. I find
that they're usually mild if they're cleaned and bagged, dunno if it's true
or not, or if I just happened to get mild ones. I like to slice them thin,
and drizzle about 1/2 TBS of ranch dressing over them. I also like to boil
them until they're soft or pan fry in a little butter.

Cheri

Old 31-05-2013, 08:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

These were cleaned already. I wish we had a 99 cent store here. But even
the "Dollar" store we had, converted to a "Party" store some time ago and
now it's gone. They did not have any produce and I bought a can of hominy
for my mom in there but when I picked off the price ticket, it was badly
expired. There is a Dollar Tree in Edmonds but they don't have produce
either.

I will try cooking them.

Old 31-05-2013, 02:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
: This topic has probably come up before but I'll bring it up again.

: I had stopped eating them although I loved them because they seemed to be
: giving me bad dreams. Whatever that was, seems to have stopped.

: The Aquaria where we sometimes eat has a condiment bar and I always get a
: dish of sliced radishes that my mom and I share. I have discovered that
: they are excellent to use to dip up the bean dip!

: And I recently purchased some for pasta salad. But the next time I bought
: them from the same store they were so hot they were painful to eat.

: I usually just eat them straight up or in a salad. How do you eat yours?

Just wahed and de leaved or in salad. I like to keep a bowl of cleaned
radishes in the fridge to grab as a snack when I am lookng for something
to munch. They are great that way because they keep me from eating some
less diabetic-friendly snack. They are also easy and fst to grow is you
are so inclined.

My Mother used to make radish "roses" by cutting the red part down in 4
pieces and putting them in water with ice in it(in the fridge) and they
would crisp up attractively. she left a small amount of leaves on to make
it look a bit more rose-like.

Wendy
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

I just noticed my typo. Should have said Taqueria. My mom did the roses
too but I gave up on them. Nobody seems to care that I did them that way.