biig

Default Cooked radishes

Well at long last I tried this dish. It was very good...dh loved it.
It has a very mild flavour that reminds me of something just beyond my
memory. I tried to figure it out but couldn't. We have something here
called "super radishes" Locally grown and about the size of an extra
large egg. I cut them into smaller pieces and cooked them in a bit of
water and a bit of salt. Then when tender, drained and added a bit of
butter and brown sugar. Very tasty. Anyone else tried this?...

Sharon
Katra

In article >, biig > wrote:

> Well at long last I tried this dish. It was very good...dh loved it.
> It has a very mild flavour that reminds me of something just beyond my
> memory. I tried to figure it out but couldn't. We have something here
> called "super radishes" Locally grown and about the size of an extra
> large egg. I cut them into smaller pieces and cooked them in a bit of
> water and a bit of salt. Then when tender, drained and added a bit of
> butter and brown sugar. Very tasty. Anyone else tried this?...
>
> Sharon

No, but I do use Steamed radishes by themselves with a little butter,
salt and pepper.

I also use them sliced in stir fry.

Radishes are excellent cooked!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
KLL

If you appreciate cooked radishes you might want to look at some Oriental
recipes for cooked daikon radishes. Very many different recipes and all can
be made with any type of radish, be it daikon, icicle, cherry, sparkler,
etc. Few people will guess what they are eating if you don't tell them
ahead of time. Very tasty.

Ken
_______

Dean G.

Recently I had a rib roast, and added a bunch of radishes with the
other roasting veggies, and they turned out great. Then again, almost
any veggie braised in beef juices seems good.

Dean G.

I am roasting radishes! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 27 14-01-2015 11:22 PM
Salting radishes Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 17 29-11-2014 05:42 AM
Radishes Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 4 01-06-2013 04:07 AM
Cooked radishes Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] General Cooking 13 31-01-2010 09:37 PM
A rumble of radishes maxine in ri General Cooking 14 30-05-2009 02:00 PM