Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Radishes

Julie Bove > wrote:
: This topic has probably come up before but I'll bring it up again.

: I had stopped eating them although I loved them because they seemed to be
: giving me bad dreams. Whatever that was, seems to have stopped.

: The Aquaria where we sometimes eat has a condiment bar and I always get a
: dish of sliced radishes that my mom and I share. I have discovered that
: they are excellent to use to dip up the bean dip!

: And I recently purchased some for pasta salad. But the next time I bought
: them from the same store they were so hot they were painful to eat.

: I usually just eat them straight up or in a salad. How do you eat yours?

Just wahed and de leaved or in salad. I like to keep a bowl of cleaned
radishes in the fridge to grab as a snack when I am lookng for something
to munch. They are great that way because they keep me from eating some
less diabetic-friendly snack. They are also easy and fst to grow is you
are so inclined.

My Mother used to make radish "roses" by cutting the red part down in 4
pieces and putting them in water with ice in it(in the fridge) and they
would crisp up attractively. she left a small amount of leaves on to make
it look a bit more rose-like.

Wendy