Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Radishes

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> This topic has probably come up before but I'll bring it up again.
>>
>> I had stopped eating them although I loved them because they seemed to be
>> giving me bad dreams. Whatever that was, seems to have stopped.
>>
>> The Aquaria where we sometimes eat has a condiment bar and I always get a
>> dish of sliced radishes that my mom and I share. I have discovered that
>> they are excellent to use to dip up the bean dip!
>>
>> And I recently purchased some for pasta salad. But the next time I
>> bought them from the same store they were so hot they were painful to
>> eat.
>>
>> I usually just eat them straight up or in a salad. How do you eat yours?

> I usually buy them at the .99 cent store already cleaned and bagged. I
> find that they're usually mild if they're cleaned and bagged, dunno if
> it's true or not, or if I just happened to get mild ones. I like to slice
> them thin, and drizzle about 1/2 TBS of ranch dressing over them. I also
> like to boil them until they're soft or pan fry in a little butter.

These were cleaned already. I wish we had a 99 cent store here. But even
the "Dollar" store we had, converted to a "Party" store some time ago and
now it's gone. They did not have any produce and I bought a can of hominy
for my mom in there but when I picked off the price ticket, it was badly
expired. There is a Dollar Tree in Edmonds but they don't have produce
either.

I will try cooking them.