Old 27-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Rich R

Default TN St. Veran

Tonight we made corn chowder. Thick, creamy, and sweet. Crumbled bacon and
melted cheese are the secret ingredients. Since my wife is the chardonnay
drinker, but I like it too once in a while, we opted for Joseph Drouhin's
2003 Saint-Veran. Cost USD 11.00. Reminds me of the old days (1975-1980)
when Pouilly Fuisse was within my budget. This Saint-Veran is medium-bodied.
A bit steely (for not being a Chablis) but great fruit with an appropriate
oak backing. Lemon and apple with some warm white-bread toast. Nice bottle,
nice price, and I would buy it again.

Rich
--
The journey is the reward.

Old 27-04-2004, 12:51 AM
jcoulter

"Rich R" wrote in
:

Tonight we made corn chowder. Thick, creamy, and sweet. Crumbled bacon
and melted cheese are the secret ingredients. Since my wife is the
chardonnay drinker, but I like it too once in a while, we opted for
Joseph Drouhin's 2003 Saint-Veran. Cost USD 11.00. Reminds me of the
old days (1975-1980) when Pouilly Fuisse was within my budget. This
Saint-Veran is medium-bodied. A bit steely (for not being a Chablis)
but great fruit with an appropriate oak backing. Lemon and apple with
some warm white-bread toast. Nice bottle, nice price, and I would buy
it again.

Rich
--
The journey is the reward.

I have noticed the same chablis tendendcies in Drouhin St Veran. Not that I
am complaining mind you ;-)
Old 27-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Mark Lipton

Rich R wrote:
Tonight we made corn chowder. Thick, creamy, and sweet. Crumbled bacon and
melted cheese are the secret ingredients. Since my wife is the chardonnay
drinker, but I like it too once in a while, we opted for Joseph Drouhin's
2003 Saint-Veran. Cost USD 11.00. Reminds me of the old days (1975-1980)
when Pouilly Fuisse was within my budget. This Saint-Veran is medium-bodied.
A bit steely (for not being a Chablis) but great fruit with an appropriate
oak backing. Lemon and apple with some warm white-bread toast. Nice bottle,
nice price, and I would buy it again.

I assume you mean the 2002? Nice notes.

Thanks!
Mark Lipton
Old 27-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Rich R

"Mark Lipton" wrote in message
Rich R wrote:
Tonight we made corn chowder. Thick, creamy, and sweet. Crumbled bacon

and
melted cheese are the secret ingredients. Since my wife is the

chardonnay
drinker, but I like it too once in a while, we opted for Joseph

Drouhin's
2003 Saint-Veran. Cost USD 11.00. Reminds me of the old days (1975-1980)
when Pouilly Fuisse was within my budget. This Saint-Veran is

medium-bodied.
A bit steely (for not being a Chablis) but great fruit with an

appropriate
oak backing. Lemon and apple with some warm white-bread toast. Nice

bottle,
nice price, and I would buy it again.

I assume you mean the 2002? Nice notes.

Thanks!
Mark Lipton

Hi Mark,

No, I really meant 2003. With cold fermenting and steel vats, they're
cranking this stuff out very quickly. And it;'s pretty good.

Rich

Old 28-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Mark Lipton

Rich R wrote:

No, I really meant 2003. With cold fermenting and steel vats, they're
cranking this stuff out very quickly. And it;'s pretty good.

Wow! I just recently received a PRE-offer for Drouhin's 2002 white
wines, which won't be received until May. It's amazing that the St.
Veran is that far ahead of the rest...

Mark Lipton

Old 29-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Rich R

Rich R wrote:

No, I really meant 2003. With cold fermenting and steel vats, they're
cranking this stuff out very quickly. And it;'s pretty good.

Wow! I just recently received a PRE-offer for Drouhin's 2002 white
wines, which won't be received until May. It's amazing that the St.
Veran is that far ahead of the rest...

Mark Lipton

Hi Mark,

This Saint-Veran is a pretty simple white. I double-checked the label and
it was a 2003. But you know, at the end of the day it cost USD 11. Drouhin
does some serious white burgs as you know, but this is not one of them. Just
tasty. Not a wine to think too hard about. Not something you would put in
your cellar for say, 2010.

Rich R.

Old 29-04-2004, 04:43 AM
jcoulter

"Rich R" wrote in
:

Odd our local stores only have 01 and 02 just coming in

Old 29-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Mike Tommasi

Rich R wrote:

No, I really meant 2003. With cold fermenting and steel vats, they're
cranking this stuff out very quickly. And it;'s pretty good.

Wow! I just recently received a PRE-offer for Drouhin's 2002 white
wines, which won't be received until May. It's amazing that the St.
Veran is that far ahead of the rest...

Mark Lipton

Hi Mark,

This Saint-Veran is a pretty simple white.

Tasted a very promising one, by Arnaud Combier. It's only his second
vintage, but he is heading in the right direction. Southern burg with
no great complexity yet, but incredibly fresh, lively.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

[TN] Drouhin St Veran, Voge Cornas Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 03-05-2010 02:50 PM
[TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 16-10-2009 10:46 PM
TN: '05 Drouhin St. Veran Mark Lipton Wine 0 16-11-2006 03:56 PM
St Veran Lawrence Leichtman Wine 4 20-05-2006 01:57 AM
Drouhin 01 St Veran jcoulter Wine 0 11-04-2004 03:04 AM