Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran

Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
at Andrew's school. After it was over, we all went out for a late
dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
restaurant. With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:

2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous

This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
Chardonnay purchases these days. The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
$15/bottle locally. Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! Hooray!

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
> at Andrew's school. After it was over, we all went out for a late
> dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
> restaurant. With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:
>
> 2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
> nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
> palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous
>
> This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
> Chardonnay purchases these days. The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
> interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
> $15/bottle locally. Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! Hooray!
>
> Mark Lipton

This is my go to Chardonnay as I don't like most of the CA varieties.
When did they add the screwcap?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '08 Drouhin St. Veran

On Oct 16, 11:49*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
> at Andrew's school. *After it was over, we all went out for a late
> dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
> restaurant. *With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:
>
> 2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
> nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
> palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous
>
> This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
> Chardonnay purchases these days. *The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
> interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
> $15/bottle locally. *Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! *Hooray!
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I actually love the 07, for a $13 wine I'm surprised to hear you
didn't think it interesting, I look forward to trying the 08

[TN] Drouhin St Veran, Voge Cornas Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 03-05-2010 02:50 PM
TN: '05 Drouhin St. Veran Mark Lipton Wine 0 16-11-2006 04:56 PM
St Veran Lawrence Leichtman Wine 4 20-05-2006 01:57 AM
TN St. Veran Rich R Wine 7 29-04-2004 08:01 AM
Drouhin 01 St Veran jcoulter Wine 0 11-04-2004 03:04 AM