Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Member

Yes! I always wondered if it *really* mattered if you used Spanish
paprika when making paella. The answer is "yes - it does". You can get a
set of hot, sweet, and bittersweet for not too much money, though people
in most areas (in the US, anyway) might have to mail-order it. The
smokey flavor is amazing.
__________________
Kitchen cabinet hardware

Old 19-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Experienced Member

Sometimes all you need is the right herb or spice to turn a plain vegetable into a spectacular side dish. And sometimes the best way to season a vegetable is by cooking it with another vegetable, or with fruit or fruit juice. To get some different ideas for adding great flavour to cooked vegetables you can search interesting tips and ideas on good vegan food sites like Sheffafoods; you would surely get some awesome ideas there.
Old 22-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams[_2_] View Post
One of my doctors gave me a laundry list of things to do and
to not do. One was to eat less salt. Another was to eat more
fruits and vegetables.

It would be difficult for me to eat less salt. A year or so ago
I salted a very bland piece of salmon and my wife commented that
it was the first time she had ever seen me salt food. We had
been together over 25 years when she said that.

I am eating more fruits and vegetables. My usual condiments are
black pepper from a grinder, ground garlic, ground hot peppers,
and hot pepper sauce. I recently switched from regular Tabasco
to their Chipotle variety because it has more of a flavor that
I like. What is happenning is that I am finding vegetable dishes
to be bland in spite of these seasonings - even through pepper
sauce!

What I would appreciate are some suggestions as to condiments
that bring out the flavor of cooked vegetables and URL's for
recipes that have distinctive flavoring.

Dick
Try Mrs Dash!
It comes in a shaker and is a sodium free replacemetn for salt. It is a mix of all kinds of seasonings- I really love it;

Seasoning Mix sf[_9_] General Cooking 11 06-06-2015 05:03 PM
Seasoning Mix sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 30-05-2015 05:20 AM
Seasoning Dick Adams[_2_] General Cooking 55 08-03-2007 04:59 PM
seasoning a wok Jen General Cooking 5 06-10-2005 10:44 PM
Wok Seasoning [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 26-01-2005 01:56 PM