Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seasoning Mix

I went to a beer/wine/cheese supply today and bought 2 oz of dried
bitter orange peels for the grand total of $2.99. I powdered some in
my spice grinder tonight - smelling the freshly powdered rind made me
happy. I bought the dried orange peels to make a dry seasoning mix
that apparently I didn't save the link to. (BAH! That part didn't
make me happy)

Searching for a similar recipe tonight - the recipe I didn't save
seems to be a variation on adobo seco, so I'll just play around with
recipes and see what happens.... in the mean time, I can make citrus
salt (just because I can).

Mix together:
2 tbsp. fine sea salt
1/4 cup of dried, ground orange peel
1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper

Which I will do by grinding the peels first, then add peppercorns to
grind with it and finish by mixing in a little salt.

--

sf

Seasoning a Wok Kswck General Cooking 1 19-01-2009 11:23 PM
Seasoning Dick Adams[_2_] General Cooking 55 08-03-2007 04:59 PM
seasoning a wok Jen General Cooking 5 06-10-2005 10:44 PM
Wok Seasoning [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 26-01-2005 01:56 PM
wok seasoning? Sticks General Cooking 5 26-05-2004 12:10 AM