Old 15-06-2005, 11:21 AM
sona

Default yummy south indian dishes

wooh! I can make delicious idlies in just 15-20 minute. want to know
the receipe? mail me and more dishes for south india.

Old 15-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Bronwyn

Post a recipe here please!

Old 15-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Vilco

Mi e' parso che sona abbia scritto:

wooh! I can make delicious idlies in just 15-20 minute.
want to know the receipe? mail me and more dishes for
south india.

Are you a spammer in need of valid email addresses, or are you
simply ignoring what a newsgroup is?
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Old 16-06-2005, 08:56 AM
David Hare-Scott

"sona" wrote in message
ups.com...
wooh! I can make delicious idlies in just 15-20 minute. want to know
the receipe? mail me and more dishes for south india.

There is no way you are getting a valid email address from me (or many
others here I suspect). If you are genuine you would be sharing recipes on
this NG.

David

Old 16-06-2005, 09:13 AM
sona

I am in no need of valid addresses. i only wanted to share the receipe.

sona

Old 16-06-2005, 09:25 AM
sona

Rava Idli for 5 persons

Semolina 2 cups
Sour curd-3 cups
salt
coking soda-1 tea spoon
For seasoning:
Refined oil-1 table spoon
mustard seeds-2 tea spoons
jeera - 2 tea spoons
cashewnuts - 20
salt to taste

method:
heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds, jeera when they splutter
add cashew nuts. whem they r browm add semolina and fry for 5 minutes.
then remove from flame and add curds and cooking soda mix thoroughly.
keep aside for 5 minutes. then put the batter inthe idli maker. and
steam for 7 minutes.
remove the idlies form the idli maker (about 24 idlies)and serve hot
with coconut chuteny or sambar. in hardly 20 minutes u will be ready
with delicious breakfast.

sona

Old 16-06-2005, 09:29 AM
sona

Rava Idli for 5 persons

Semolina -2 cups
Sour curd-3 cups
cooking soda-1 tea spoon
For seasoning:
Refined oil-1 table spoon
mustard seeds-2 tea spoons
jeera - 2 tea spoons
cashewnuts - 20
salt to taste

method:
heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds, jeera when they splutter
add cashew nuts. whem they r browm add semolina and fry for 5 minutes.
then remove from flame and add curds, salt and cooking soda mix

Old 16-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Shaun aRe

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in no need of valid addresses. i only wanted to share the receipe.

sona

No problem, and you've done so, thanks! Don't be disheartened, there's lots
of spam and address harvesting for spam goes on in these groups, so people
get a little suspicious sometimes. Post your recipes here! - Everyone who
wants them gets them then, and it saves you all the time and hassle of
E-mailing to many different people.

Cheers! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Old 16-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Shaun aRe

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...

jeera - 2 tea spoons

Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google, heheheh...).

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Old 17-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Charles Gifford

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...

jeera - 2 tea spoons

Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google, heheheh...).

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Actually, I believe that it is black cumin seed. Different than cumin.

Charlie

Old 17-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Shaun aRe

"Charles Gifford" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...

jeera - 2 tea spoons

Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google,

heheheh...).

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Actually, I believe that it is black cumin seed. Different than cumin.

It's used for both (and they are both from the parsley family, and share
*some* taste characteristics), but IIRC, there's usually a pre-fix for black
cumin - kala jeera being one of them, shahi (sp?) jeera being another I've
seen often.

Where I lived all my life until this past couple of years (and where I work
now) has a very large Asian community - I only recognized the name 'jeera'
from all the shopping I'd done in the Asian grocers we have all over, same
with 'methi' (fenugreek). I used to know more, but I seem to have smoked a
few holes in my memory... heheh...

So, I haven't a clue to which cumin Sona was referring to I suppose!

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Old 17-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Rhonda Anderson

"Charles Gifford" wrote in
ink.net:

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...

jeera - 2 tea spoons

Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google,
heheheh...).

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Actually, I believe that it is black cumin seed. Different than cumin.

Charlie

According to Gernot Katzer's amazingly useful site (http://www.uni-
graz.at/~katzer/engl/), cumin is jeera or safaid jeera. He lists kala
jeera, shahi jeera, chahi jeera and kashmiri jeera as black cumin.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Old 17-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Shaun aRe

"Rhonda Anderson" wrote in message
.5...
"Charles Gifford" wrote in
ink.net:

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"sona" wrote in message
oups.com...

jeera - 2 tea spoons

Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google,
heheheh...).

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Actually, I believe that it is black cumin seed. Different than cumin.

Charlie

According to Gernot Katzer's amazingly useful site (http://www.uni-
graz.at/~katzer/engl/), cumin is jeera or safaid jeera. He lists kala
jeera, shahi jeera, chahi jeera and kashmiri jeera as black cumin.

Heh, that's more or less what my reply was, but all I know of the names I
picked up at shops here. Thanks for that link BTW - fantastic, it's now on
my Links bar! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old 17-06-2005, 10:50 PM
kalanamak

Even more confusing, "black cumin" or kalajeera is a tiny seed the shape
of cumin but thinner, and more pungent. Kalajeera is not applied to
charnushka...the spice that looks like little chunks of coal, but "black
cumin" sometimes is.
blacksalt