Shaun aRe

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
> eenews.net...
> >
> > "sona" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> > > jeera - 2 tea spoons

> > Jeera = cumin seed for anyone wondering (or afraid of Google,

heheheh...).

> > Cheers!
> >
> > Shaun aRe

> Actually, I believe that it is black cumin seed. Different than cumin.

It's used for both (and they are both from the parsley family, and share
*some* taste characteristics), but IIRC, there's usually a pre-fix for black
cumin - kala jeera being one of them, shahi (sp?) jeera being another I've
seen often.

Where I lived all my life until this past couple of years (and where I work
now) has a very large Asian community - I only recognized the name 'jeera'
from all the shopping I'd done in the Asian grocers we have all over, same
with 'methi' (fenugreek). I used to know more, but I seem to have smoked a
few holes in my memory... heheh...

So, I haven't a clue to which cumin Sona was referring to I suppose!

Cheers!

Shaun aRe