Old 02-08-2020, 01:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheese, lots of cheese

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Old 02-08-2020, 01:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-01 6:20 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy?¬* So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?¬* So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies.¬* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Now you should order some bread from Poil√Ęne in Paris:
https://www.poilane.com/

Old 02-08-2020, 02:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Very nice, Ed...you should your above pix to Parmashop, I bet they'd post them...

--
Best
Greg

Old 02-08-2020, 04:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:20:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

you poor thing Nice Haul
Janet US

Old 02-08-2020, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 7:20:48 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

I'm guessing you weren't in the mood for any government cheese?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:20:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

I just brown down a 1.655 pound chunk of Pecorino. A split it into
3 chunks and vac-pack 2, one in ziplock, putting them all back in
the fridge. That will last about 7 months. Your 9 lbs would last
me 2 years.

-sw
Old 02-08-2020, 10:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

===

I can help if you need me too ...

https://www.avg.com

Old 02-08-2020, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01:20 2 Aug 2020, Ed Pawlowski said:

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually. https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from. https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Great! Have you tried Parmesan with pears? The Italians reckon it's so
good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination. I'll give
that a try once they come into season. Yeah, some good bread and a
bottle of wine and you have dinner.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-02 5:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:

Great!¬* Have you tried Parmesan with pears?¬* The Italians reckon it's so
good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.

Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.¬* I'll give
that a try once they come into season.¬* Yeah, some good bread and a
bottle of wine and you have dinner.

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 5:00:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

I L.O.V.E. blue cheese with pears but I'd be willing to try it though.
It would have to be fantastic to knock pears & blue cheese off my pedestal
of favorites things.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article ):

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-02 5:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:

Great!¬* Have you tried Parmesan with pears?¬* The Italians reckon
it's so good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others
about it.

Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.¬* I'll
give that a try once they come into season.¬* Yeah, some good bread and
a bottle of wine and you have dinner.

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

One of the reasons Parmesan is said to goes well with pears is that they both
have a slightly gritty texture.

This post mentions pears with Parmesan --- and also with blue cheese which it
likes.

https://memoriediangelina.com/2009/0...on-far-sapere/
Old 03-08-2020, 03:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-03 1:49 a.m., Leo wrote:
On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article ):

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.

Oh yeah. That would work.
One of these days I will have to try Stilton. I had it once crumbled on
top of a hot soup, but never had it on its own or with fruit. I keep
hearing from blue cheese fans how good it is.