Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheese. Lots of Cheese!

Sqwertz wrote:

> ObFood: 15 chicken wing drumettes, deep fried, then tossed with Mae
> Ploy Sweet Chili and sriracha.

After denouncing me for liking Gulden's mustard, you post that YOU cook
with 'Mae Ploy' brand pre-made chili sauce? Bless you for your humor!

This is NOT to imply that Mae Ploy mixes are bad. In fact, they are
delicious. It's just that you led us to believe that you were 'above'
such proletariat fare. I guess not. (Breeding will tell. ) )

Do you also put Campbell's Chunky Soups on rice and call them gourmet
dishes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.

Some of the cheeses are only labeled by their competition numbers.
I didn't know or don't remember what a few of them are, but I will
find out as I open them. The list goes like this:

Delice de la Vallee (Cow + Goat)
Show Goats Triple Cream Brie
Motzarella Company's Fresh Motzarella (Dallas)
Bellwether Farms Crescenzo
Bellwether Farms Carmody
Du Village Lady Laurier d'arthabasta
La Moutonniere Cabanon
Cowgirl Creamery Organic MT Tan Triple Cream
Saga Blue Brie (two of those)
Marin French Cheese Company Petite Blue
Marin French Cheese Company Petite Triple Cream
Smoked Chardonay Cheddar
Cypress Grove Ripe Goat Cheese w/Ash
Meyenberg Smoked Jack Goat
Vermont Butter and Cheese Co. Coupole
Roundous Tripple "Fest"(?)
Firefly Farms Buche Noire
Westfield Farm Classic Blue Log
St Pete Blue
76 TO 01
37 KF 14
164 FC 02
And one that was completely unlabeled

I have a lot of cheese to eat. Pictures:

http://i32.tinypic.com/2mi0rc7.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ue4nwi.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/317duzd.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/muiovm.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/14js11j.jpg
(Hatch chiles $.88/lb and the CostCo salami for all that cheese)

They were not cutting any cheese down and wrapping. What you saw is
what you got. And many of the cheeses were 10... 20... and even 30+
pounds. All these cheese you see pictured above only cost $70
(14lbs worth). At retail, $70 would have bought less than 3 pounds
of those cheeses.

It's going to be a tough week here at Casa Sqwertz.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:41:24 -0500, Stu wrote:

> the goat cheese (triple cream brie is wonderful)

I just ate # 11 FE 02, The Westfield Farm Classic Blue Log (Ripe
Goat Cheese). It won first place in the show in 1999.

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/prodview.aspx?prod=1243

I give it an 8.2. And I only paid $1.15 for it, not $7 according to
that site.

And I forgot how good that Columbus Salami was. I'm in heaven.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
> in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
> cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
> when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
> left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
> most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.
>
> Some of the cheeses are only labeled by their competition numbers.
> I didn't know or don't remember what a few of them are, but I will
> find out as I open them. The list goes like this:

< names snipped, tinypics remain>

> http://i32.tinypic.com/2mi0rc7.jpg
> http://i26.tinypic.com/2ue4nwi.jpg
> http://i25.tinypic.com/317duzd.jpg
> http://i31.tinypic.com/muiovm.jpg
> http://i32.tinypic.com/14js11j.jpg
> (Hatch chiles $.88/lb and the CostCo salami for all that cheese)
>
> They were not cutting any cheese down and wrapping. What you saw is
> what you got. And many of the cheeses were 10... 20... and even 30+
> pounds. All these cheese you see pictured above only cost $70
> (14lbs worth). At retail, $70 would have bought less than 3 pounds
> of those cheeses.

OMIGOD! What an incredible buy! I especially like the "cheese-in-a-poke"
idea. I trust that you'll be letting us know how the week goes.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
> in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
> cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
> when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
> left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
> most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.
>
> Some of the cheeses are only labeled by their competition numbers.
> I didn't know or don't remember what a few of them are, but I will
> find out as I open them. The list goes like this:
>
> Delice de la Vallee (Cow + Goat)
> Show Goats Triple Cream Brie
> Motzarella Company's Fresh Motzarella (Dallas)
> Bellwether Farms Crescenzo
> Bellwether Farms Carmody
> Du Village Lady Laurier d'arthabasta
> La Moutonniere Cabanon
> Cowgirl Creamery Organic MT Tan Triple Cream
> Saga Blue Brie (two of those)
> Marin French Cheese Company Petite Blue
> Marin French Cheese Company Petite Triple Cream
> Smoked Chardonay Cheddar
> Cypress Grove Ripe Goat Cheese w/Ash
> Meyenberg Smoked Jack Goat
> Vermont Butter and Cheese Co. Coupole
> Roundous Tripple "Fest"(?)
> Firefly Farms Buche Noire
> Westfield Farm Classic Blue Log
> St Pete Blue
> 76 TO 01
> 37 KF 14
> 164 FC 02
> And one that was completely unlabeled
>
> I have a lot of cheese to eat. Pictures:
>
> http://i32.tinypic.com/2mi0rc7.jpg
>
> http://i26.tinypic.com/2ue4nwi.jpg
>
> http://i25.tinypic.com/317duzd.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/muiovm.jpg
>
> http://i32.tinypic.com/14js11j.jpg
> (Hatch chiles $.88/lb and the CostCo salami for all that cheese)
>
> They were not cutting any cheese down and wrapping. What you saw is
> what you got. And many of the cheeses were 10... 20... and even 30+
> pounds. All these cheese you see pictured above only cost $70
> (14lbs worth). At retail, $70 would have bought less than 3 pounds
> of those cheeses.
>
> It's going to be a tough week here at Casa Sqweratz.

A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets moldy...
some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I like
those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
> in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
> cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
> when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
> left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
> most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.

<snipped>

> It's going to be a tough week here at Casa Sqwertz.
>
> -sw

Saw this post first on austin.food. :-)

But it was well worth the re-run! I'm still so jealous...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"brooklyn1" > wrote:

> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets moldy...
> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I like
> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

A good crusty sourdough or baguettes.

And wine!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets moldy...
> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I like
> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.

Try it again.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:05:16 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

> -->They were not cutting any cheese down and wrapping. What you saw is
> -->what you got. And many of the cheeses were 10... 20... and even 30+
> -->pounds. All these cheese you see pictured above only cost $70
> -->(14lbs worth). At retail, $70 would have bought less than 3 pounds
> -->of those cheeses.
> -->
> -->It's going to be a tough week here at Casa Sqwertz.
> -->
> -->-sw
>
> the goat cheese (triple cream brie is wonderful)

Don't forget to trim up the miles of sw's post unnecessary to the
context when you add your one line response. Remember that some folks
really do still pay more than you or I do for message traffic. And
besides, it annoys folks to have to wade through the same quoted
material time after time....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
> in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
> cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
> when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
> left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
> most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.

Holy Cow! How do I get a branch of the Cheese Society
to open up here?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
>> moldy...
>> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
>> like
>> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
>> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>
> Try it again.

You see no compliment, you wouldn't recognize a compliment if it fell on
your head like a ton of bricks... it's very obvious that you're paranoid...
for as long as you've posted here you've not once even come close to
exhibiting a modicom of humor, you live on the dark side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:05:14 -0400, Goomba wrote:

> Don't forget to trim up the miles of sw's post ...

Are you calling me long-winded?

It was 57 lines long, 12 of which were blank and 28 of which were
only half-sized

Hrmpf! ;-)

ObFood: 15 chicken wing drumettes, deep fried, then tossed with Mae
Ploy Sweet Chili and sriracha. Served with fries. $3.35 + dirty
dishes at Casa Sqwertz

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:37:21 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>
>> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>>
>> Try it again.
>>

> You see no compliment, you wouldn't recognize a compliment if it fell on
> your head like a ton of bricks... it's very obvious that you're paranoid...
> for as long as you've posted here you've not once even come close to
> exhibiting a modicom of humor, you live on the dark side.

I think you're getting soft on us.

-sw

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 16:14:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> The annual Cheese Society's show and competition was this last week
>> in Austin. Earlier today they sold off all the remaining leftover
>> cheese for $5/lb. There were only about 20 people in front of us
>> when they opened the flood gates, and about 200 people there when we
>> left a half hour later. I headed right for the high-end stuff -
>> most of which was gone in 15 minutes. Pictures follow.

> Holy Cow! How do I get a branch of the Cheese Society
> to open up here?

I guess your state's, "It's the Cheese" motto is wearing kinda thin.

Maybe you could hang around the Fancy Food Show just as it's
wrapping up it's 3-day conference.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

| "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
| > On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
| >
| >> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
| >> moldy...
| >> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
| >> like
| >> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
| >> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.
| >
| > When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
| >
| > Try it again.
| >

| You see no compliment, you wouldn't recognize a compliment if it fell on
| your head like a ton of bricks... it's very obvious that you're paranoid...
| for as long as you've posted here you've not once even come close to
| exhibiting a modicom of humor, you live on the dark side.

Indeed many of us humorless drones live in awe of the hilarious Sir Sheldumb.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> It was 57 lines long, 12 of which were blank and 28 of which were
> only half-sized

Some of those lines were half sized? Oh, I guess I need to use a
non-NNTP standard formatting newsreader. I use one that allows me to
turn off formatting (which I do) so that all posts look the way the Gods
of the interNet sanctified them to look.

Of course, I didn't think the post was long winded. Several lines were
the HTM links to individual pics, but that is preferable to actually
posting those pics here. And some of those cheeses look absolutely
delish!

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 10:29:12 +0900, MtnTraveler wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> ObFood: 15 chicken wing drumettes, deep fried, then tossed with Mae
>> Ploy Sweet Chili and sriracha.

> After denouncing me for liking Gulden's mustard, you post that YOU cook
> with 'Mae Ploy' brand pre-made chili sauce? Bless you for your humor!

Uh, you'll find that it's a favorite in this group. Lots of us use
it, and love it. After having tried other brands, Mae Ploy is RFC's
favorite.

You just insulted a bunch of people here, bucko. Come back next
year after changing your nick.

> This is NOT to imply that Mae Ploy mixes are bad.

It's not a mix. It's a sauce. And it's used it the majority of
Thai restaurants in the U.S.

> It's just that you led us to believe that you were 'above'
> such proletariat fare.

When did I ever do such a thing? By stating that I though Gulkdens
was below-average mustard compared to what's on the market? It is.
And I wasn't the only one who said it.

> Do you also put Campbell's Chunky Soups on rice and call them gourmet
> dishes?

I think you're through here. Now run along and join ~*patches*~
before it's too late.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:43:44 -0500, jt august wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> It was 57 lines long, 12 of which were blank and 28 of which were
>> only half-sized

> Some of those lines were half sized? Oh, I guess I need to use a
> non-NNTP standard formatting newsreader. I use one that allows me to
> turn off formatting (which I do) so that all posts look the way the Gods
> of the interNet sanctified them to look.

You read all posts in one paragraph without an CFLF's? What are
you, some sort of masochist? Some of us go out of our way to write
properly, in paragraphs with proper spacing.

Or do you think a LF character (or CR+LF) takes up significantly
more space than ASCII 32 while making it easier to read?

Oh, you're a Mac person.

Never<sigh>mind.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:05:14 -0400, Goomba > wrote:

> -->Don't forget to trim up the miles of sw's post unnecessary to the
> -->context when you add your one line response. Remember that some folks
> -->really do still pay more than you or I do for message traffic. And
> -->besides, it annoys folks to have to wade through the same quoted
> -->material time after time....
>
> make sure you do as well

I did
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Are you calling me long-winded?
>
> It was 57 lines long, 12 of which were blank and 28 of which were
> only half-sized
>
> Hrmpf! ;-)

LOL No, it was a delicious sounding list of cheeses to salivate over.
And the story accompanying the list was good too. What was *not* good
was Stu not trimming up *anything* from your original post just to add
his one line response. Annoying!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 22:26:42 -0400, Goomba wrote:

> LOL No, it was a delicious sounding list of cheeses to salivate over.
> And the story accompanying the list was good too. What was *not* good
> was Stu not trimming up *anything* from your original post just to add
> his one line response. Annoying!

Hey - you don't have to explain it to me. Stu has been a PITA IMO
ever since he arrived (under his other name).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> You read all posts in one paragraph without an CFLF's? What are
> you, some sort of masochist? Some of us go out of our way to write
> properly, in paragraphs with proper spacing.
>
> Or do you think a LF character (or CR+LF) takes up significantly
> more space than ASCII 32 while making it easier to read?
>
> Oh, you're a Mac person.
>
> Never<sigh>mind.

Yes, I'm a maccie, but I refer to how MS introduced HMTL formatting many
moons ago to newsgroups that had been previously text only. A new line
code moved the cursor to the beginning of the next line, and that was a
simple chr($13), no chr$(10) needed. To create a paragraph, just hit
<RET> twice. And many PC news readers (if not most) can turn off
formatting commands and go text only.

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but if I want fancy looks to my forums, I'll
abandon usenet the way so many have. I prefer the antique simplicity of
a text only newsgroup.

That said, I really prefer to hear more about the cheeses.

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> And I forgot how good that Columbus Salami was. I'm in heaven.

It's got a very nice packaging, looks interesting.
Was it just pork meat, pork fat, salt and pepper?
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
>> moldy...
>> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
>> like
>> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
>> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>
> Try it again.
>
> -sw

You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable of
saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.

That *is* a lot of cheese for one person to buy, I don't care how great it
is. Are you planning to have a wine and cheese party?!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message ...
| "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
| > On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
| >
| >> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
| >> moldy...
| >> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
| >> like
| >> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
| >> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.
| >
| > When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
| >
| > Try it again.
| >
| > -sw
|

| You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable of
| saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.

Then what stops him, other than vicious nastiness and his crepuscular mind?

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
>>> moldy...
>>> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
>>> like
>>> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
>>> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

>> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>>
>> Try it again.
>>
>> -sw

> You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable of
> saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.

I did say he did good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>>>
>>> Try it again.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable of
>> saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.
>>

> I did say he did good.

You did! You also expressed what I was thinking. How can one person eat
all of that cheese before it gets moldy?! I like cheese, but no way could I
eat that much cheese without having a party and a bunch of other people come
over to help me eat it. That's a lot of cheese!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message

>>> You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable
>>> of saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.
>>>

>> I did say he did good.
>>

> You did! You also expressed what I was thinking. How can one person eat
> all of that cheese before it gets moldy?! I like cheese, but no way could
> I eat that much cheese without having a party and a bunch of other people
> come over to help me eat it. That's a lot of cheese!

Not to mention none of those pictures prove that cheese was in his own
home... anyone can go to a cheese bazaar with a camera. Sqwartz didn't buy
any, he still had half a box of velveeta in his fridge. LOL I am always
sure to post pictures that contain stuff that proves it's mine... the other
day I inadvertanly posted a picture with a Chicago Cutlery boning knife in
it, only after it was posted did I notice it had my signature hand engraved
in the blade... and no one else has my yellow counters,
and cats, there is almost always a cat somewhere in my pictures.

The sqwartz cheese pictures contained nothing we could recognize from his
past pictures that would make them undeniably his, in fact they look more
phoney than legit... they look much more like those pictures were taken on a
table at the cheese bazaar than in his kitchen... all laid out and wrapped
for sale.... had a few ben unwrapped and sliced on a plate with some slices
of that sausage maybe I'd elive him, maybe... still nothing there proving
it's his surroundings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:25:00 -0500, jt august wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>

>> You read all posts in one paragraph without an CFLF's? What are
>> you, some sort of masochist? Some of us go out of our way to write
>> properly, in paragraphs with proper spacing.
>>
>> Or do you think a LF character (or CR+LF) takes up significantly
>> more space than ASCII 32 while making it easier to read?
>>
>> Oh, you're a Mac person.
>>
>> Never<sigh>mind.

> Yes, I'm a maccie, but I refer to how MS introduced HMTL formatting many
> moons ago to newsgroups that had been previously text only. A new line
> code moved the cursor to the beginning of the next line, and that was a
> simple chr($13), no chr$(10) needed. To create a paragraph, just hit
> <RET> twice. And many PC news readers (if not most) can turn off
> formatting commands and go text only.

99.97% of the posts are in text only, though. Heck - even the
spammers use pure text. And if somebody posts in HTML, they hear
about it and fix it ASAP or are beaten to death.

So I don't get it.

(You just used started a new paragraph in text, BTW)

> Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but if I want fancy looks to my forums, I'll
> abandon usenet the way so many have. I prefer the antique simplicity of
> a text only newsgroup.

Hey - I'm just typing formatted text, they way you'd read it in a
book. No fancy HTML.

> That said, I really prefer to hear more about the cheeses.

I will try and review them as I eat them. They will appear in
alt.cheese at the least and possibly as a followup to this thread.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:35:41 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:22:30 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> A lotta chizz for one rat... better get to nibblin' afore it gets
>>> moldy...
>>> some look darn good. I'm not much of fan of those soft goat styles, I
>>> like
>>> those hard well aged ones. Now you need a few assorted loaves of good
>>> bread; Russian black bread, corn bread, pumpernickle... and plenty beer.

>> When you respond to one of my posts, I expect nothing but insults.
>>
>> Try it again.
>>
>> -sw

> You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite capable of
> saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.

He's free to say anything he wants in response to my posts. I've
never had him respond to me with anything but BS, though. So excuse
me if I was somewhat taken aback and tried to make light of it.

> That *is* a lot of cheese for one person to buy, I don't care how great it
> is. Are you planning to have a wine and cheese party?!

The cheese was bought by two of us (I did say "we" in my OP). And
we share joint custody of it. Some is at her house, but mostly at
mine since that's where we spend weekdays. The "weekend cheese",
the really messy stuff, is at her house.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:49:18 -0400, pavane wrote:

> ...his crepuscular mind...

That will be my new word for the day. I had to look it up.

Sheldon usually passes out by 7:00pm, though. Or at least he's wise
enough not to post after that much Crystal Palace Vodka.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:29:16 GMT, ViLco wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> And I forgot how good that Columbus Salami was. I'm in heaven.

> It's got a very nice packaging, looks interesting.
> Was it just pork meat, pork fat, salt and pepper?

It's a dry salami. It contains curing agents (sodium nitrite and
nitrate) + wine and spices. And dried milk for the mold.

http://www.columbussalame.com/dyn/co..._detail/6.html

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

> And I forgot how good that Columbus Salami was. *I'm in heaven.

If you ever visit the US west coast I recommend that you try
Gallo Salame made near San Francisco. It blows away
Columbus Salami. It's so good I've gone on Ebay to get it
shipped to me here in Chicago metro. It's so good I prefer
it to the best imported Italian salami I've tried. Note to self -
Try more types of Italian salami in case any of them are as
good as Gallo.

The SF area is famous for exceptional sourdough bread,
Gallo Salame, various other food products. The bread does
not travel so even as close as Los Angeles it isn't fresh
enough. No such problem with a preserved meat product
like salami.

Today's cheese - Finn Juusto "Baked Cheese". Each time
I go to Wisconson I stop at one of the shops and get some
of it, plus several other types of cheese and some types of
sausage. Today's sausage for lunch was a brand of
Landjaeger that I haven't tried before.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 9, 4:05*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
I think I've sampled this one . IIRC it was quite good
> Du Village Lady Laurier d'arthabaska

Canadian readers may want to visit the website for this one and click
on the flag It rather funny.
> La Moutonniere Cabanon

http://www.lamoutonniere.com/cabanon.html

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:52:08 -0700 (PDT), Doug Freyburger wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>> And I forgot how good that Columbus Salami was. *I'm in heaven.

> If you ever visit the US west coast I recommend that you try
> Gallo Salame made near San Francisco. It blows away
> Columbus Salami.

I'm very familiar with Gallo salame. Both are made in SF, near
where I used to live and play. And this Columbus Salami Fiore is
better than any Gallo product I've tried, by far.

Lookint at Gallo's ingredients, they don't even use wine in their
salame. Hrmpf! ;-)

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:02:22 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> Not to mention none of those pictures prove that cheese was in his own
> home... anyone can go to a cheese bazaar with a camera.

> The sqwartz cheese pictures contained nothing we could recognize from his
> past pictures that would make them undeniably his,

Except all that cheese on the same counter, with the same cutting
board, the same wallpaper in the background, and the same brand of
of EVOO (CostCo Tuscano) and salt (Baleine) that are in pictures
I've taken over the past 6-12 months.

If the stove is in the picture, that *is* new. It's black, the old
one was almond.

Your pictures, otoh, always manage to catch a glimpse of the
gawd-awful, bile-yellow laminate countertop, the pattern
discontinued in 1972. Looks like somebody with sclerosis of the
liver puked in your kitchen (I guess that would be you).

Besides - Only ~*patches*~ would have the gall to post something as
hideous as the pictures you post.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote:
brooklyn1 wrote:

>> Not to mention none of those pictures prove that cheese was in his own
>> home... anyone can go to a cheese bazaar with a camera.

>> The sqwartz cheese pictures contained nothing we could recognize from his
>> past pictures that would make them undeniably his,

> Except all that cheese on the same counter, with the same cutting
> board, the same wallpaper in the background, and the same brand of
> of EVOO (CostCo Tuscano) and salt (Baleine) that are in pictures
> I've taken over the past 6-12 months.
>
> If the stove is in the picture, that *is* new. It's black, the old
> one was almond.

Oh, pooh, who could remember the last time you posted something and what...
there is nothing in your pictures that makes them undeniably yours. *IF* the
stove is in the picture, don't you know??? If you don't know HTF do you
expect anyone else to.... your pictures are so severely cropped that they
can well have been stolen off the net.

> Your pictures, otoh, always manage to catch a glimpse of the
> gawd-awful, bile-yellow laminate countertop, the pattern
> discontinued in 1972.

That's exactly what I mean, the pictures I post are easily recognizable as
mine... I purposely set my same plates on that same counter and include
items and background that everyone has seen over and over and that no one
else can duplicate but me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
D D is offline

jmcquown wrote:
> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message

>>> You shouldn't really "expect" anything of Sheldon. He's quite
>>> capable of saying you did a good job if only you'd let him.
>>>

>> I did say he did good.
>>

> You did! You also expressed what I was thinking. How can one person
> eat all of that cheese before it gets moldy?! I like cheese, but no way
> could I eat that much cheese without having a party and a bunch of other
> people come over to help me eat it. That's a lot of cheese!
>
> Jill

Perhaps HE has friends!

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:14:06 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> Oh, pooh, who could remember the last time you posted something and what...

You can look at some of them by typing "sqwertz" in the search box
at tinypic.com.

Those are only the few I've posted since I set up the non-expiring
account a few weeks ago. But even you should get the picture had you
not been blind.

Ta-DAAAAA...

....Dump.

You stupid, inbred, cadaver-humping, moron.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:45:15 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> She [Goomba] likes to pretend she's the list moderator...
> I think she gets off on playing 'net cop.

You still mad about the saline solution whatever argument?

I haven't heard her taking shots at you as much as I've heard you
taking shots at her.

Why don't you both just tie me up and take it out on me?

-sw