Old 16-01-2020, 03:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner plus leftovers ...

* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 16-01-2020, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

Snag

====

Sounds wonderful)) I love the way you talk about your wife))) Bless
you!!

Old 16-01-2020, 10:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
"Terry Coombs"* wrote in message ...

* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

*Snag

====

* Sounds wonderful))** I love the way you talk about your wife)))
Bless you!!

*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
great deal of respect . 'Sides , I love her ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 16-01-2020, 10:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:11:01 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
"Terry Coombs"* wrote in message ...

* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

*Snag

====

* Sounds wonderful))** I love the way you talk about your wife)))
Bless you!!

*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
great deal of respect .

Does she call you Snag?
Old 17-01-2020, 02:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
"Terry Coombs"* wrote in message ...

* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

*Snag

====

* Sounds wonderful))** I love the way you talk about your wife)))
Bless you!!

*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
great deal of respect .

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?
Rectum, Butthole, Dickbreath, douchebag shit****er?

Old 17-01-2020, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 7:22:39 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Old 17-01-2020, 02:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.
Old 17-01-2020, 06:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

Old 17-01-2020, 07:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

===

Please would you share a few meals you make?

I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

Old 17-01-2020, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

===

Please would you share a few meals you make?

I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
doesn't burn.

I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
Old 17-01-2020, 07:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

Bruce wrote:

Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

===

Please would you share a few meals you make?

I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
doesn't burn.

I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good

==

Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
it to be a surprise

Old 17-01-2020, 08:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

. ..

Bruce wrote:

[...]

We almost always have stirfried vegetables with everything. Nothing
special though.

Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
it to be a surprise

We always used to add tofu to stirfries. That's not very exciting,
although it helps to airfry it first. It's more of a quick dinner when
we don't have much time or energy.
Old 17-01-2020, 08:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

. ..

Bruce wrote:

[...]

Do you serve tofu with everything?

If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a quick
dinner?

Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance to
learn something