modom

Default Leftovers for dinner

But they were really good: Friday I marinated a passel of chicken
thighs in mango nectar and guava nectar with chili powder, minced
garlic, lime juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. After a couple
of hours in the marinade, they got grilled. While they sizzled, I
reduced the marinade to a syrup and made a cilantro pesto (poblano,
anaheim, cilantro, garlic, toasted pecans, lime juice, olive oil, S&P
-- all buzzed in the blender to a pesto) When the chicken was done, I
moved it to the smoker pit and let it wait there at 200 F till the
guests were ready for dinner.

The chicken smoked for about two hours. Then I tossed it with the
reduced marinade. The pesto was served on the side. I also made a
salad of diced mango, diced avocado, chopped mint, lime juice, olive
oil, S&P.

My friend Zach made grilled tilapia tacos with cabbage and a fine
chipotle sauce. He also made grilled squash and grilled asparagus.

D made mojitos. And margaritas.

Then there were the sliced melons, the guacamole, the quesadillas, and
Lord knows what else. The kitchen looked like a food bomg had
detonated inside.

So tonight. Tonight it was leftovers. They were fantastic.

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
Pablo

"modom" > wrote in message
> But they were really good: Friday I marinated a passel of chicken
> thighs in mango nectar and guava nectar with chili powder, minced
> garlic, lime juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. After a couple
> of hours in the marinade, they got grilled. While they sizzled, I
> reduced the marinade to a syrup and made a cilantro pesto (poblano,
> anaheim, cilantro, garlic, toasted pecans, lime juice, olive oil, S&P
> -- all buzzed in the blender to a pesto) When the chicken was done, I
> moved it to the smoker pit and let it wait there at 200 F till the
> guests were ready for dinner.
>
> The chicken smoked for about two hours. Then I tossed it with the
> reduced marinade. The pesto was served on the side. I also made a
> salad of diced mango, diced avocado, chopped mint, lime juice, olive
> oil, S&P.
>
> My friend Zach made grilled tilapia tacos with cabbage and a fine
> chipotle sauce. He also made grilled squash and grilled asparagus.
>
> D made mojitos. And margaritas.
>
> Then there were the sliced melons, the guacamole, the quesadillas, and
> Lord knows what else. The kitchen looked like a food bomg had
> detonated inside.
>
> So tonight. Tonight it was leftovers. They were fantastic.

Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an invite to
one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over for leftovers.

Pablo

MareCat

"Pablo" > wrote in message

> Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an
> invite to one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over
> for leftovers.
>
> Pablo

LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
here...

Mary

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 08:58:53a, MareCat wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Pablo" > wrote in message
>>
>> Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an
>> invite to one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over
>> for leftovers.
>>
>> Pablo

> LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
> thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
> here...
>
> Mary

Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations? <vbg>

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sun 12 Jun 2005 08:58:53a, MareCat wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "Pablo" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an
>>> invite to one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come
>>> over
>>> for leftovers.
>>>
>>> Pablo

>> LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>> thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>> here...
>>
>> Mary

> Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations?
> <vbg>

Nodnodnod.... but.......... Wayne... I am not fishing
but........................

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 09:30:09a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>>> thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>>> here...
>>>
>>> Mary

>> Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations?
>> <vbg>

> Nodnodnod.... but.......... Wayne... I am not fishing
> but........................

You, OTOH, should come over here and take as many invitations as you can
get!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Pablo

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sun 12 Jun 2005 08:58:53a, MareCat wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "Pablo" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an
>>> invite to one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over
>>> for leftovers.
>>>
>>> Pablo

>> LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>> thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>> here...
>>
>> Mary

> Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations? <vbg>

*
Yeah! Totally lacking in class and manners. When will they learn?

Pablo

(BTW, Wayne, I'll be in Tucson for a couple weeks starting on the 24th. I
imagine you'll have the BBQ fired up sometime during that timeframe. What
time do y'all sit down for dinner in PHX? ) ; ^ )

Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sun 12 Jun 2005 09:30:09a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations?
>>> <vbg>

>> Nodnodnod.... but.......... Wayne... I am not fishing
>> but........................

> You, OTOH, should come over here and take as many invitations as you
> can
> get!

Well so long as it is with you and yours I will accept with alacrity))

Now if you ever are in Scotland.........................
)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 12:22:07p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> Nodnodnod.... but.......... Wayne... I am not fishing
>>> but........................

>> You, OTOH, should come over here and take as many invitations as you
>> can get!

> Well so long as it is with you and yours I will accept with alacrity))

And you would certainly be welcome!

> Now if you ever are in Scotland.........................
>)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I would love to!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 12:19:32p, Pablo wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>>> thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>>> here...
>>>
>>> Mary

>> Gawd! Don't you just hate those people who fish for invitations? <vbg>
>>

> *
> Yeah! Totally lacking in class and manners. When will they learn?
>
> Pablo
>
> (BTW, Wayne, I'll be in Tucson for a couple weeks starting on the 24th.
> I imagine you'll have the BBQ fired up sometime during that timeframe.
> What time do y'all sit down for dinner in PHX? ) ; ^ )

You would be more than welcome in Phoenix, but couldn't do Q. We're moving
in Sept/Oct timeframe and have already had all out patio and outdoor stuff
put in storage. We're never outdoors in the summer here unless it's at
night in the pool. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sun 12 Jun 2005 12:22:07p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> You, OTOH, should come over here and take as many invitations as you
>>> can get!

>> Well so long as it is with you and yours I will accept with
>> alacrity))

> And you would certainly be welcome!
>
>> Now if you ever are in Scotland.........................
>>)))))))))))))))))))))))))

> I would love to!

Thank you darling.. and you too BTW we have something in common..
our SOs are both called David))))))))))))))))

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 02:07:16p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> Well so long as it is with you and yours I will accept with
>>> alacrity))

>> And you would certainly be welcome!
>>
>>> Now if you ever are in Scotland.........................
>>>)))))))))))))))))))))))))

>> I would love to!

> Thank you darling.. and you too BTW we have something in common..
> our SOs are both called David))))))))))))))))

That's really neat!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
modom

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:24:23 -0400, "Pablo" >
wrote:

>Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an invite to
>one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over for leftovers.
>
>Pablo

What would you bring?

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
modom

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:58:53 GMT, "MareCat"
> wrote:

>"Pablo" > wrote in message
>>
>> Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an
>> invite to one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over
>> for leftovers.
>>
>> Pablo

>LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>here...
>
>Mary

It takes about five hours to get from my house to the Menil in
Houston. So when you come over for leftovers are you going to bring
anything to eat?

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
Pablo

"modom" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:24:23 -0400, "Pablo" >
> wrote:
>
>>Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an invite to
>>one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over for leftovers.
>>
>>Pablo
>>

> What would you bring?

My appetite, of course. I'd have a tough time matching the caliber of
dishes you've made, so it would have to be something simple that still fits
the theme. How about some yucca in butter and garlic? Maybe a black bean
stew? I know - Dragonmeade!

Pablo

MareCat

"modom" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:58:53 GMT, "MareCat"
> > wrote:
>>
>>LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>>thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>>here...
>>
>>Mary
>>

> It takes about five hours to get from my house to the Menil in
> Houston. So when you come over for leftovers are you going to bring
> anything to eat?

Tres leches? Margarita pie? (I'm sure whatever I'd bring wouldn't begin
to measure up to the foods you've prepared...)

Mary

modom

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:34:26 -0400, "Pablo" >
wrote:

>"modom" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:24:23 -0400, "Pablo" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Sounds like a perfect evening. How does one go about getting an invite to
>>>one of your shindigs? Heck, I'd be happy just to come over for leftovers.
>>>
>>>Pablo
>>>

>> What would you bring?
>>

>My appetite, of course. I'd have a tough time matching the caliber of
>dishes you've made, so it would have to be something simple that still fits
>the theme. How about some yucca in butter and garlic?

Sounds really good. Not exactly south beach friendly, but that's okay
now and again.

>Maybe a black bean
>stew? I know - Dragonmeade!

Que?

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
Pablo

"modom" > wrote in message
>>Maybe a black bean
>>stew? I know - Dragonmeade!
>>

> Que?

*
Local microbrewery. I swear --the owner could match a beer to any meal I
could dream up. With those dishes, maybe something light and refreshing,
like a Kolsch style ale.

Pablo

modom

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:23:56 -0400, "Pablo" >
wrote:

>"modom" > wrote in message
.. .
>>>Maybe a black bean
>>>stew? I know - Dragonmeade!
>>>

>> Que?
>>

>*
>Local microbrewery. I swear --the owner could match a beer to any meal I
>could dream up. With those dishes, maybe something light and refreshing,
>like a Kolsch style ale.

Excellent choice, I'd say.

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
modom

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:09:37 GMT, "MareCat"
> wrote:

>"modom" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:58:53 GMT, "MareCat"
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>LOL. Me too. Hey, Michael, I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm
>>>thinking it's probably not *that* much of a drive to your place from
>>>here...
>>>
>>>Mary
>>>

>> It takes about five hours to get from my house to the Menil in
>> Houston. So when you come over for leftovers are you going to bring
>> anything to eat?

>Tres leches? Margarita pie? (I'm sure whatever I'd bring wouldn't begin
>to measure up to the foods you've prepared...)

Now, now. Margarita pie sounds delightful. And coming from the Gulf
area, you could dazzle us with shrimp and the like.

modom