Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Early Dinner 10/11/19

A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!

First side,just folding:

https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg

after flipped and done:

https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg

Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
melted. Then turned...

Delicious!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> melted. Then turned...
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>>
>> First side,just folding:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>>
>> after flipped and done:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>>
>> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
>> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
>> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
>> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
>> melted. Then turned...
>>
>> Delicious!
>>
>> Jill
>>

>I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
>dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
>Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

Sounds like food for a children's party.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:10:05 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> melted. Then turned...
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

I like browned on the outside as well. Your pics look nice. To me it looks as though you flipped it in half. That's the way I like to do it. Another technique has it folded over in thirds. I find it too bothersome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 6:47:20 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >My
> >dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> >Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> Sounds like food for a children's party.

Nah, they get hot dogs, potato chips, milk and cookies unless it's a birthday
party then it's cake and ice cream.

What is your dinner going to consist of? Even if it's just bean sprouts, tell
what you'll be chowing down on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:38:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
> >
> > First side,just folding:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
> >
> > after flipped and done:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
> >
> > Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> > inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> > vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> > eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> > melted. Then turned...
> >
> > Delicious!
> >
> > Jill
> >

> I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
> dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

What kind of chips? I don't eat them very often; health reasons. But when I occasionally do, I go for the salt and malt vinegar. Or the jalepeno.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> A bacon and brie omelet.* Yes, I took pics.* Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet.* But let me assure you,
> the inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy.* I used a
> whisk vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P.
> Cooked the eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops
> of brie until melted.* Then turned...
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

Looks very good to me. But, my old woman mostly cooks up eggs over
easy that are the best. So that's usually what I ask for. Once in a
while she'll bust a yolk, but usually perfect.

She also cooks up some mighty larpin omelets. Sometimes with a
little bacon, or crumbled sausage. A few times she used some sauteed
vegetables, and they were very good.

Don't tell druce ... He'll have a shit hemorrhage and urinate in his
wood shoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:09:10 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:38:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
> > dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> > Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> What kind of chips? I don't eat them very often; health reasons. But when I occasionally do, I go for the salt and malt vinegar. Or the jalepeno.

They were just the plain old thin potato chips that have been around for about
a thousand years. I got burnt out of the vinegar potato chips 15 years ago.
These chips were my about once a year treat and I've sure enjoyed them;
crunchy and salty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:35:35 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Looks very good to me. But, my old woman mostly cooks up eggs over
> easy that are the best. So that's usually what I ask for. Once in a
> while she'll bust a yolk, but usually perfect.

My favorite way to eat eggs! Scrambled comes a close second. A busted yolk,
fried hard egg is for sandwiches and I don't turn my nose up at those either.

> She also cooks up some mighty larpin omelets. Sometimes with a
> little bacon, or crumbled sausage. A few times she used some sauteed
> vegetables, and they were very good.

Frittatas with a generous cup of cubed hash browns with crumbled bacon and
and snipped chives is lip smacking, too. An addition of some shredded
cheese is nice as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>>>
>>> First side,just folding:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>>>
>>> after flipped and done:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>>>
>>> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
>>> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
>>> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
>>> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
>>> melted. Then turned...
>>>
>>> Delicious!
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
>> dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
>> Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> Sounds like food for a children's party.

Or an old dutchman with his finger stuck in something. Gotta feed
him with a spoon.