Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Early New Year's Eve dinner

We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.

It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!

For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg

For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
Serrano ham and the same asparagus.
http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg

Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.
http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg

A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.

Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
drops (I hope). 8;(

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 31, 5:45*pm, wrote:
> We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
> very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.
>
> It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!
>
> For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
> and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg
>
> For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
> Serrano ham and the same asparagus.http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg
>
> Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
> pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg
>
> A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.
>
> Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
> drops (I hope). *8;(
>
> -- Larry

Larry,
I want your refrigerator!
Happy New Year,
Nancy T
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:16:57 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
>> very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.
>>
>> It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!
>>
>> For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
>> and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg

>> For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
>> Serrano ham and the same asparagus.
>> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg
>>
>> Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
>> pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.
>> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg
>>
>> A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.
>>
>> Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
>> drops (I hope). 8;(
>>
>> -- Larry

>That all looks wonderful and that's a very pretty tablecloth... except
>that it's so "loud" and colorful that it's not a good choice for
>photography. <g> It drowns out the colors in the food and distracts
>from them.

Actually the loud table setting is a great choice, it draws attention
away from unappetizing food; slimey looking lobster w/cheese = TIAD.
Way over cooked asparagus literally drowned in thick puke.
Ham wasted, cooked to a crisp.
Entirely disgusting presentation, especially that fercocktah looking
teensy salad in a big honkin' ugli glass bowl and those doofus dollar
store plastic salad serving utensils... that type of salad should have
been served already composed on the salad plates... as it is it looks
like left overs ready for the trash. All the effort went into the
table setting, the food an after thought/birth.
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:16:57 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

"Medication time, medication time."-Nurse Ratshit

Let me get this straight, you're gunning on this person's fridge leftovers while the best thing you've posted is a tree and a deer?

At your best, you serve weak food on the nastiest looking 80's retroplates. I suppose the weak-ass plates are to take attention away from the catfood you make. Oh, that's right , even your kitties won't eat something with smoked paprika. Yes, the master of potato salad has spoken.

What color are the clouds in your world, man?

You slay, me, babe!!

I wish my fridge had some leftovers like that. Most of that sort of stuff doesn't last long. Those of us with people in their lives understand that the greatest sin is waste, and that we can cook for those we love, with leftovers, and they turn out well.

Have a nice trip. Sheldon, enjoy your cats, cuz that's all you're gittin'. Someday a young gal with see something in you. Unfortunately, that gal will be named Snoball or Creampuff (or some other feline tag) and just be after you for the food out of the can.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Last edited by Gorio : 01-01-2011 at 05:53 PM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:45:23 -0500, wrote:

> We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
> very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.
>
> It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!
>
> For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
> and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg

> For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
> Serrano ham and the same asparagus.
> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg
>
> Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
> pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.
> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg
>
> A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.
>
> Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
> drops (I hope). 8;(
>
> -- Larry

you sure have nicer stuff in your refrigerator than i do.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:42:14 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:16:57 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
>>> very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.
>>>
>>> It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!
>>>
>>> For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
>>> and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg

>>> For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
>>> Serrano ham and the same asparagus.
>>> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg
>>>
>>> Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
>>> pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.
>>> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg
>>>
>>> A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.
>>>
>>> Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
>>> drops (I hope). 8;(
>>>
>>> -- Larry

>>That all looks wonderful and that's a very pretty tablecloth... except
>>that it's so "loud" and colorful that it's not a good choice for
>>photography. <g> It drowns out the colors in the food and distracts
>>from them.

> Actually the loud table setting is a great choice, it draws attention
> away from unappetizing food; slimey looking lobster w/cheese = TIAD.
> Way over cooked asparagus literally drowned in thick puke.
> Ham wasted, cooked to a crisp.
> Entirely disgusting presentation, especially that fercocktah looking
> teensy salad in a big honkin' ugli glass bowl and those doofus dollar
> store plastic salad serving utensils... that type of salad should have
> been served already composed on the salad plates... as it is it looks
> like left overs ready for the trash. All the effort went into the
> table setting, the food an after thought/birth.

and what's up with the lack of cat hair?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy starts 2011:

>and what's up with the lack of cat hair?

and what's up with the lack of legs, mick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/31/2010 7:45 PM, wrote:
> We have an 8 am flight to Las Vegas in the morning, so just having a
> very quiet -- and early -- New Year's Eve at home while packing.
>
> It's "Clean out the refrigerator" night!
>
> For Her Majesty: Lobster sauteed in butter with Serrano ham, celery,
> and red pepper. Sauteed asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye1.jpg

> For me: I'm a cheap date -- I don't like lobster. I get Cod baked with
> Serrano ham and the same asparagus.
> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye2.jpg
>
> Salad of Boston lettuce with Cripps Pink apple and Ancient Sweets red
> pepper; Grayson, St. Nectaire, and dolce Gorgonzola cheeses.
> http://www.xhost.org/images/nye2010/nye3.jpg
>
> A nice Clos de la Fontaine Old Vine Muscadet Sevre et Maine, 2009.
>
> Espresso and dessert still to come...we'll be asleep before the ball
> drops (I hope). 8;(
>
> -- Larry

Those are nice looking plates, what do you call that pattern?

Becca