FoodBanter.com

-   -   Early Dinner 10/11/19 (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448415-early-dinner-10-11-a.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 11-10-2019 10:10 PM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!

First side,just folding:

https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg

after flipped and done:

https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg

Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
melted. Then turned...

Delicious! :)

Jill

[email protected][_2_] 12-10-2019 12:38 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> melted. Then turned...
>
> Delicious! :)
>
> Jill

I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

Bruce[_28_] 12-10-2019 12:47 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>>
>> First side,just folding:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>>
>> after flipped and done:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>>
>> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
>> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
>> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
>> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
>> melted. Then turned...
>>
>> Delicious! :)
>>
>> Jill
>>

>I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
>dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
>Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

Sounds like food for a children's party.

A Moose In Love 12-10-2019 01:07 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:10:05 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> melted. Then turned...
>
> Delicious! :)
>
> Jill

I like browned on the outside as well. Your pics look nice. To me it looks as though you flipped it in half. That's the way I like to do it. Another technique has it folded over in thirds. I find it too bothersome.

[email protected][_2_] 12-10-2019 01:07 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 6:47:20 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >My
> >dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> >Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> Sounds like food for a children's party.

Nah, they get hot dogs, potato chips, milk and cookies unless it's a birthday
party then it's cake and ice cream.

What is your dinner going to consist of? Even if it's just bean sprouts, tell
what you'll be chowing down on.

A Moose In Love 12-10-2019 01:09 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:38:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
> >
> > First side,just folding:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
> >
> > after flipped and done:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
> >
> > Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
> > inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
> > vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
> > eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
> > melted. Then turned...
> >
> > Delicious! :)
> >
> > Jill
> >

> I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
> dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

What kind of chips? I don't eat them very often; health reasons. But when I occasionally do, I go for the salt and malt vinegar. Or the jalepeno.

Hank Rogers[_3_] 12-10-2019 01:35 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

jmcquown wrote:
> A bacon and brie omelet.* Yes, I took pics.* Oh dear!
>
> First side,just folding:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>
> after flipped and done:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>
> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet.* But let me assure you,
> the inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy.* I used a
> whisk vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P.
> Cooked the eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops
> of brie until melted.* Then turned...
>
> Delicious! :)
>
> Jill

Looks very good to me. But, my old woman mostly cooks up eggs over
easy that are the best. So that's usually what I ask for. Once in a
while she'll bust a yolk, but usually perfect.

She also cooks up some mighty larpin omelets. Sometimes with a
little bacon, or crumbled sausage. A few times she used some sauteed
vegetables, and they were very good.

Don't tell druce ... He'll have a shit hemorrhage and urinate in his
wood shoes.

[email protected][_2_] 12-10-2019 01:52 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:09:10 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:38:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
> > dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
> > Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> What kind of chips? I don't eat them very often; health reasons. But when I occasionally do, I go for the salt and malt vinegar. Or the jalepeno.

They were just the plain old thin potato chips that have been around for about
a thousand years. I got burnt out of the vinegar potato chips 15 years ago.
These chips were my about once a year treat and I've sure enjoyed them;
crunchy and salty.

[email protected][_2_] 12-10-2019 01:58 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 7:35:35 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Looks very good to me. But, my old woman mostly cooks up eggs over
> easy that are the best. So that's usually what I ask for. Once in a
> while she'll bust a yolk, but usually perfect.

My favorite way to eat eggs! Scrambled comes a close second. A busted yolk,
fried hard egg is for sandwiches and I don't turn my nose up at those either.

> She also cooks up some mighty larpin omelets. Sometimes with a
> little bacon, or crumbled sausage. A few times she used some sauteed
> vegetables, and they were very good.

Frittatas with a generous cup of cubed hash browns with crumbled bacon and
and snipped chives is lip smacking, too. An addition of some shredded
cheese is nice as well.

Hank Rogers[_3_] 12-10-2019 03:42 AM

Early Dinner 10/11/19

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:38:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:10:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> A bacon and brie omelet. Yes, I took pics. Oh dear!
>>>
>>> First side,just folding:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZZvYpBK/omelet1.jpg
>>>
>>> after flipped and done:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/K8zVytzV/omelet-flipped.jpg
>>>
>>> Yes, I like a browned on the outside omelet. But let me assure you, the
>>> inside is still very moist, still nearly custardy. I used a whisk
>>> vigorously on those eggs after added a splash of milk, S&P. Cooked the
>>> eggs in butter... added crumbled bacon and a few dollops of brie until
>>> melted. Then turned...
>>>
>>> Delicious! :)
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I'm more of a frittata person myself, but that omelet does look good. My
>> dinner consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. A couple of Pepperidge
>> Farms dark chocolate chip cookies with milk a little while later.

> Sounds like food for a children's party.

Or an old dutchman with his finger stuck in something. Gotta feed
him with a spoon.