Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Score!

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11:37:18 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> November. She is facing up to 77 years in jail but some seem to
> >> think they won't jail her because of her age. IMO, her age should
> >> not be considered as much as the fact that she has stalled the case
> >> for so long.

> > At the age of 89, I would hesitate at throwing her wrinkly ass in the
> > pokey. Perhaps she should be forced to reside at one the less
> > reputable nursing homes in the United States. I think that's fair.
> >

> Why would you feel sorry for her? She is a crook. She would have been
> fit enough to go to jail 25 years ago when she was first indicted.

What I feel doesn't matter much. She's got enough friends and people that admire her in the Philippines the will prevent her from paying for her crimes, especially one named "Duterte." Also, she's 89 years old!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:36:18 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:

> I like
>
> Pork and apples. Turkey and cranberries. Ham and pineapple. Sole and
> grapes. Duck and orange.
>
> Janet UK

I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried apples
on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
and fruit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-13 4:45 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11:37:18 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Why would you feel sorry for her? She is a crook. She would have
>> been fit enough to go to jail 25 years ago when she was first
>> indicted.

> What I feel doesn't matter much. She's got enough friends and people
> that admire her in the Philippines the will prevent her from paying
> for her crimes, especially one named "Duterte." Also, she's 89 years
> old!

Yes, she is pretty old. She has been living pretty well all these years,
thanks to all the money she acquired through graft and corruption. There
are some people who feel sorry for former Nazi war criminals who have
been sent back and tried and jailed for crimes they committed 60 plus
years earlier. It bothers me more that so many survivors of their crimes
did not live to see the criminals punished.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:03:54 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-13 4:45 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11:37:18 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Why would you feel sorry for her? She is a crook. She would have
>>> been fit enough to go to jail 25 years ago when she was first
>>> indicted.

>> What I feel doesn't matter much. She's got enough friends and people
>> that admire her in the Philippines the will prevent her from paying
>> for her crimes, especially one named "Duterte." Also, she's 89 years
>> old!

>Yes, she is pretty old. She has been living pretty well all these years,
>thanks to all the money she acquired through graft and corruption. There
>are some people who feel sorry for former Nazi war criminals who have
>been sent back and tried and jailed for crimes they committed 60 plus
>years earlier. It bothers me more that so many survivors of their crimes
>did not live to see the criminals punished.

Amen to that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 2:02:28 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-13 4:45 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11:37:18 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> Why would you feel sorry for her? She is a crook. She would have
> >> been fit enough to go to jail 25 years ago when she was first
> >> indicted.

> > What I feel doesn't matter much. She's got enough friends and people
> > that admire her in the Philippines the will prevent her from paying
> > for her crimes, especially one named "Duterte." Also, she's 89 years
> > old!

> Yes, she is pretty old. She has been living pretty well all these years,
> thanks to all the money she acquired through graft and corruption. There
> are some people who feel sorry for former Nazi war criminals who have
> been sent back and tried and jailed for crimes they committed 60 plus
> years earlier. It bothers me more that so many survivors of their crimes
> did not live to see the criminals punished.

That's justice for you. My neighbor was attacked by a couple of pit bulls recently. The cop that he talked to was surprisingly rude to him. He asked him why he didn't go home or go to the hospital? The cop tried to make it seem like he was at fault.

Evidently no police report was filed nor did the police make an effort to find the dogs. I come to find out that my son knows about the house that has the dogs. He sees cops over at that house all the time. The owner is a cop or well connected to law-enforcement. Well, it's law-enforcement when it's in their best interest to enforce the law. That's just the breaks, ain't it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-13 10:00 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> That's justice for you. My neighbor was attacked by a couple of pit
> bulls recently. The cop that he talked to was surprisingly rude to
> him. He asked him why he didn't go home or go to the hospital? The
> cop tried to make it seem like he was at fault.
>
> Evidently no police report was filed nor did the police make an
> effort to find the dogs. I come to find out that my son knows about
> the house that has the dogs. He sees cops over at that house all the
> time. The owner is a cop or well connected to law-enforcement. Well,
> it's law-enforcement when it's in their best interest to enforce the
> law. That's just the breaks, ain't it?

Maybe one day karma will strike. It happened to a local cop. He was a
violent piece of crap who had a long string of complaints about
excessive use of force and outright assaults. About a month and a half
ago he go into a violent confrontation with a police sergeant and ended
up getting shot.... about 5 times. He was wearing his kevlar vest but
got his nose blown off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:23:05 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-13 10:00 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>
>> That's justice for you. My neighbor was attacked by a couple of pit
>> bulls recently. The cop that he talked to was surprisingly rude to
>> him. He asked him why he didn't go home or go to the hospital? The
>> cop tried to make it seem like he was at fault.
>>
>> Evidently no police report was filed nor did the police make an
>> effort to find the dogs. I come to find out that my son knows about
>> the house that has the dogs. He sees cops over at that house all the
>> time. The owner is a cop or well connected to law-enforcement. Well,
>> it's law-enforcement when it's in their best interest to enforce the
>> law. That's just the breaks, ain't it?
>>

>Maybe one day karma will strike. It happened to a local cop. He was a
>violent piece of crap who had a long string of complaints about
>excessive use of force and outright assaults. About a month and a half
>ago he go into a violent confrontation with a police sergeant and ended
>up getting shot.... about 5 times. He was wearing his kevlar vest but
>got his nose blown off.

At least he doesn't get colds anymore.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 5:23:08 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-13 10:00 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>
> > That's justice for you. My neighbor was attacked by a couple of pit
> > bulls recently. The cop that he talked to was surprisingly rude to
> > him. He asked him why he didn't go home or go to the hospital? The
> > cop tried to make it seem like he was at fault.
> >
> > Evidently no police report was filed nor did the police make an
> > effort to find the dogs. I come to find out that my son knows about
> > the house that has the dogs. He sees cops over at that house all the
> > time. The owner is a cop or well connected to law-enforcement. Well,
> > it's law-enforcement when it's in their best interest to enforce the
> > law. That's just the breaks, ain't it?
> >

> Maybe one day karma will strike. It happened to a local cop. He was a
> violent piece of crap who had a long string of complaints about
> excessive use of force and outright assaults. About a month and a half
> ago he go into a violent confrontation with a police sergeant and ended
> up getting shot.... about 5 times. He was wearing his kevlar vest but
> got his nose blown off.

We're glad he wasn't walking with his grandson when it happened on Christmas eve. If those dogs attacked a child, that would have been a major problem.

If I understand you correctly, it was a shoot out between police officers? That's wild!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried
> apples
> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
> and fruit.

Since I love to be a pompous ass, tomatoes are a fruit. I enjoy
tomatoes in lots of savory dishes, and so do many, many people

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 4:59:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:36:18 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> >
> > I like
> >
> > Pork and apples. Turkey and cranberries. Ham and pineapple. Sole and
> > grapes. Duck and orange.
> >
> > Janet UK
> >

> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried apples
> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
> and fruit.

I'm in the "no meat and fruit" camp, but at a Japanese restaurant I was
once served tempura shrimp with a piece of cantaloupe on the plate. It
was a surprisingly companionable followup to the shrimp.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-13 11:42 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 5:23:08 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-01-13 10:00 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> That's justice for you. My neighbor was attacked by a couple of
>>> pit bulls recently. The cop that he talked to was surprisingly
>>> rude to him. He asked him why he didn't go home or go to the
>>> hospital? The cop tried to make it seem like he was at fault.
>>>
>>> Evidently no police report was filed nor did the police make an
>>> effort to find the dogs. I come to find out that my son knows
>>> about the house that has the dogs. He sees cops over at that
>>> house all the time. The owner is a cop or well connected to
>>> law-enforcement. Well, it's law-enforcement when it's in their
>>> best interest to enforce the law. That's just the breaks, ain't
>>> it?
>>>

>> Maybe one day karma will strike. It happened to a local cop. He was
>> a violent piece of crap who had a long string of complaints about
>> excessive use of force and outright assaults. About a month and a
>> half ago he go into a violent confrontation with a police sergeant
>> and ended up getting shot.... about 5 times. He was wearing his
>> kevlar vest but got his nose blown off.

> We're glad he wasn't walking with his grandson when it happened on
> Christmas eve. If those dogs attacked a child, that would have been a
> major problem.
>
> If I understand you correctly, it was a shoot out between police
> officers? That's wild!

It was a verbal confrontation that escalated into a fist fight and then
the sergeant pulled his gun and shot the attacker multiple times. After
it happened a number of people came forward and told reporters about
their experiences with the guy. Even the bad cop's estranged brother
told the press that if his brother had been shot he deserved it, that
the shooter probably feared for his life.

Standards for police officers are pretty high here and they are
accountable for their behaviour. There are plenty of cases of cops
being charged for excessive use of force, but this guy had way to many
of them. In one case, while off duty, he had a road rage incident with a
bicyclist. He picked up the cyclist, bike and all, and threw him across
the road.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 03:15:37 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 4:59:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:36:18 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>> >
>> > I like
>> >
>> > Pork and apples. Turkey and cranberries. Ham and pineapple. Sole and
>> > grapes. Duck and orange.
>> >
>> > Janet UK
>> >

>> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried apples
>> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
>> and fruit.

>I'm in the "no meat and fruit" camp, but at a Japanese restaurant I was
>once served tempura shrimp with a piece of cantaloupe on the plate. It
>was a surprisingly companionable followup to the shrimp.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Fruit as a salad or alongside is fine great me. I just don't like it
mixed in to become part of the savory dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 01:18:50 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell

"> wrote:

>> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried
>> apples
>> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
>> and fruit.

>Since I love to be a pompous ass, tomatoes are a fruit. I enjoy
>tomatoes in lots of savory dishes, and so do many, many people
>
>leo

I enjoy heated canned whole tomatoes over buttered rye toast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 03:15:37 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 4:59:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:36:18 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>> >
>> > I like
>> >
>> > Pork and apples. Turkey and cranberries. Ham and pineapple. Sole and
>> > grapes. Duck and orange.
>> >
>> > Janet UK
>> >

>> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried apples
>> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
>> and fruit.

>I'm in the "no meat and fruit" camp, but at a Japanese restaurant I was
>once served tempura shrimp with a piece of cantaloupe on the plate. It
>was a surprisingly companionable followup to the shrimp.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Sauted shrimp goes well with roasted/grilled pineapple.... I think
tropical fruits go well with seafood.... mango goes well with any
grilled fish... goes well with steak too. How about tube steak with
pickle relish, cucumbers are fruit. Grilled peach halves go very well
with grilled saw-seege. Grilled saw-seege with grilled bell pepper is
a marriage made in heaven, with tomato sauce a marriage by the pope...
bell pepper is a fruit too. One of the best fruit and meat combos is
a grilled burger topped with a slab of grilled eggplant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-14 10:39 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 03:15:37 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> I like turkey and jellied cranberry sauce, grilled ham slices with fried apples
>>> on the side and I've eaten duck l'orange once and really liked it. No fish
>>> and fruit.

>> I'm in the "no meat and fruit" camp, but at a Japanese restaurant I was
>> once served tempura shrimp with a piece of cantaloupe on the plate. It
>> was a surprisingly companionable followup to the shrimp.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Fruit as a salad or alongside is fine great me. I just don't like it
> mixed in to become part of the savory dish.

In a restaurant in France, I ordered monkfish 'espelette' i.e. cooked
with hot peppers. To counteract the heat, the chef placed a small bowl
of fruit sorbet on the plate. The combination was fantastic!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 10:36:39 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 2019-01-14 10:39 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 03:15:37 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> >> I'm in the "no meat and fruit" camp, but at a Japanese restaurant I was
> >> once served tempura shrimp with a piece of cantaloupe on the plate. It
> >> was a surprisingly companionable followup to the shrimp.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > Fruit as a salad or alongside is fine great me. I just don't like it
> > mixed in to become part of the savory dish.
> >

> In a restaurant in France, I ordered monkfish 'espelette' i.e. cooked
> with hot peppers. To counteract the heat, the chef placed a small bowl
> of fruit sorbet on the plate. The combination was fantastic!

What works great to counteract any spicy afterpain is fresh pineapple - probably because of the bromelain. My guess is that adding some meat tenderizer to the fruit sorbet would have increased it's effectiveness. Korean pear or kiwi fruit would probably work too although I have not tested that out.

The score at the store is not always a score Dimitri General Cooking 3 10-12-2011 07:38 PM
Score George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 0 07-07-2011 05:10 PM
Score! George Shirley Preserving 0 07-06-2010 02:42 PM
Score Dimitri General Cooking 13 10-10-2009 09:40 PM
Score!!! Christine Dabney General Cooking 10 06-11-2008 09:39 AM