Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner on the Eve

The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:55:55 PM UTC-6, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
> from last night. The trick was to reheat the top
> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave.

It's easy to do in the microwave if you use 30 or 40% power for a couple of
minutes. It will heat the meat through without turning it into a roof
shingle.

> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!
>
> leo

Thank you and have a fabulous Christmas Eve and an equally fabulous Merry
Christmas!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-24 7:55 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!

We had my nephew and his family over for supper, as we do every
Christmas Eve. It is a tradition to have a light meal of meat pie and
salad because we used to go out to a party later, but tonight we had
garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.

I made chocolate eclairs for dessert and we had a fruit salad and
selection of tarts and cookies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-12-24 7:55 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
>> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
>> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
>> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
>> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
>> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
>> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!
>>

> We had my nephew and his family over for supper, as we do every Christmas
> Eve. It is a tradition to have a light meal of meat pie and salad because
> we used to go out to a party later, but tonight we had garlic mashed
> potatoes and green beans.
>
> I made chocolate eclairs for dessert and we had a fruit salad and
> selection of tarts and cookies.

We had people in for most of the day. We had ham, corn pudding, peas, and
Lighthouse Potatoes. We had date nut bread, cookies, and pumpkin pie for
dessert. I am thankful that everyone is gone now and the parties are over,
though I did enjoy them. Merry Christmas to you and yours Dave.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2018 6:55 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!
>
> leo

We had hamburger ... in the form of loose meat sandwiches with onions ,
shrooms , a scrambled egg , and chopped dill pickle (from our home
grown/canned stash) on homemade buns . Also had some hand cut fries done
in the air fryer . Too full for dessert ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!
>
> leo

We had tamales, beans, rice and salad. Also asst. cookies, brownies and
cranberry muffins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-12-24 7:55 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
>> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
>> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
>> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
>> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
>> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
>> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!
>>

> We had my nephew and his family over for supper, as we do every Christmas
> Eve. It is a tradition to have a light meal of meat pie and salad because
> we used to go out to a party later, but tonight we had garlic mashed
> potatoes and green beans.
>
> I made chocolate eclairs for dessert and we had a fruit salad and
> selection of tarts and cookies.

We had people in for most of the day. We had ham, corn pudding, peas, and
Lighthouse Potatoes. We had date nut bread, cookies, and pumpkin pie for
dessert. I am thankful that everyone is gone now and the parties are over,
though I did enjoy them. Merry Christmas to you and yours Dave.

Cheri

==

Sounds good)

I had to look up Lighthouse Potatoes though)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news
> We had tamales, beans, rice and salad. Also asst. cookies, brownies and
> cranberry muffins.

Sounds good, Merry Christmas Julie!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news

> We had people in for most of the day. We had ham, corn pudding, peas, and
> Lighthouse Potatoes. We had date nut bread, cookies, and pumpkin pie for
> dessert. I am thankful that everyone is gone now and the parties are over,
> though I did enjoy them. Merry Christmas to you and yours Dave.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Sounds good)
>
> I had to look up Lighthouse Potatoes though)

It's the first time I ever made them, which I don't usually like to do when
people are coming since I like to know what the recipe tastes like, but they
were really good and the guests liked them too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:55:50 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.

Another reason to get a sous vide circulator - reheating beef to an
exact temperature without cooking it any further.

My ham is still in the spa @ 140F. I didn't put it into until
2:30PM. Probably at around 7:30. Usually I'd rehat it cook it a
lot longer to make it more tender.

Yeast rolls, 3-cheese risotto (mostly pecorino), snap peas, and a
pickle-olive assortment.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 "Julie Bove" wrote:
>"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote:
>
>> The supermarket had two 4-ounce frozen lobster tails for ten bucks, so
>> I bought a package. We had leftover (already cooked once) top sirloin
>> from last night. I made cole slaw. The trick was to reheat the top
>> sirloin without cooking it and without using the microwave. I did a
>> adequate job, so we had surf and turf.
>> Oh...and I cooked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie, so that's available. Merry
>> Christmas Eve, everybody, and Merry Christmas tomorrow!

>We had tamales, beans, rice and salad. Also asst. cookies, brownies and
>cranberry muffins.

I was tired of roast ham so this morning I sliced off enough to fill
two 1 qt ziplocs and froze them. The very meaty bone became soup.
filled a four qt pot. Got a cute female visitor chowing down on the
soup parings:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1azjm68jm/