Old 15-05-2018, 11:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default God, I hate this new neyboard!

My new W10 computer is GREAT. Unfortunately, it comes with the
crappiest keyboard ever created (HP). It and the mouse are paired and
USB 'RC' devices. When I'm on it, I can barely type. It's even worse
than my ancient Asus XP eee Netbook keyboard (which is smaller). I
gotta look when I 'touch-type', ferchrysakes!

Maybe I'm jes getting old, but the split MS 'Natural' keyboard on my
old Linux machine is waaaay better. It's literally easier to swap
cables on thw newer W10 box to my old Linux box, than to type on that
newer W10 box with its crappy keyboard and that insufferable Xananews
(yes, Xananews SUCKS!!).

Easier to use slrn on my old Linux box than the insanely faster W10
box. Plus, I'll NEVER access my financial institution on an MS
machine. Geez, MS is in my face, constantly. I even unplug it
(pwr/ethernet) when I shut it off. M$ is even trying to get me to
sign a 'Terms of Service'(TOS) agreement. As if!

And the ads!! Every choice I make on that stupifyingly fast W10 box
elicits an ad that wants me to pay more $$! Screw M$ and their crappy
OS!!

/rant=off

nb

Old 16-05-2018, 12:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 May 2018 22:46:54 GMT, notbob wrote:

[...]

Don't know exactly what you have but I have a Dell puter that came
with keyboard but I bought a Logitech wireless keyboard to put with
it. Just great, you can dedicate keys to websites, so if for
instance, I press the key that has a musical symbol on it, it opens
Agent for me. They are less than $100 here.

As to the ads, put Adbloc plus on your Win 10! I don't see ads.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

Take whatever medication it is U need to take and calm your sweet
little rambling ass down fer chritsakes.

Unplugging network and power cords from a computer that isn't turned
on is a sign that you need your head examined. Everyone knows you
just need to wrap it in foil.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 12:46:58 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
[...]

I got one of these keyboards. What a steal.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Perf...50/ref=sr_1_17

Old 16-05-2018, 01:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 May 2018 18:37:11 -0500, Atticus Finch
wrote:

[...]

Lol, like so:
http://tpo.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pvvalu2-530x397.jpg

Old 16-05-2018, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 5:46:58 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

And the ads!! Every choice I make on that stupifyingly fast W10 box
elicits an ad that wants me to pay more $$! Screw M$ and their crappy
OS!!

/rant=off

nb

Install an ad blocker, it will help restore your sanity.

Old 16-05-2018, 01:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2018 6:46 PM, notbob wrote:
My new W10 computer is GREAT. Unfortunately, it comes with the
crappiest keyboard ever created (HP). It and the mouse are paired and
USB 'RC' devices. When I'm on it, I can barely type.

I had Logitech Wave keyboards at home and work. Really like them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYNC

Old 16-05-2018, 02:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-16, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I had Logitech Wave keyboards at home and work. Really like them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYNC

Thnx Ed, but I've been down that Logitech road.

I usta have Logitech's split ergonomic keyboard. In fact, I bought 3
of them. Damn things only last a little over one yr, then fall apart.
All three Logitech keyboards were dead within 3-1/2 yrs. I no longer
buy Logitech for anything.

My M$ Natural split keyboard is over 15 yrs old. It's got keyboard
'plaque' all over it and it still works better'n any Logi-crap
keyboard ever did. Trouble is, my M$ mouse (optical trackball) is a
PS2 conn and the W10 box is strictly USB and an adapter (PS2USB) must
be an 'active' adapter (whatever the heck that is!). I'm still
workin' on it.

nb
Old 16-05-2018, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , notbob
wrote:

My M$ Natural split keyboard is over 15 yrs old. It's got keyboard
'plaque' all over it and it still works better'n any Logi-crap
keyboard ever did. Trouble is, my M$ mouse (optical trackball) is a
PS2 conn and the W10 box is strictly USB and an adapter (PS2USB) must
be an 'active' adapter (whatever the heck that is!). I'm still
workin' on it.

I know absolutely nothing about Windows computers, but with W10, surely
you can connect a wireless Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, no? It's
really convenient if you can. Battery consumption increases though.

[OBFood] Thin sliced corned beef and mozzarella on mustayo(tm) spread
toast and then open faced, meat on one toast side and cheese on the
other under the broiler, smooshed together and served with a pickle and
potato chips. My wife had hers on white bread. I'm having mine on dill
rye.

leo
Old 16-05-2018, 04:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-16, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about Windows computers.....

I wish I didn't. I been using Linux fer about 15 yrs, but started
with PC-DOS.

but with W10, surely you can connect a wireless Bluetooth mouse and
keyboard, no?

Sure, if I wanna spend even more $$. I'm retired amd on a fixed
income. The W10 box was a gift from my younger brother. I'd normally
jes toss the Windows operating system and use Linux, but it's a UEFI
box. I'm working on it.

Thnx fer the tip.

nb

Old 16-05-2018, 04:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse, both wireless. They're not
bluetooth (that I know of), but the AA batteries have lasted over 2
years now. I used to have a cordless mouse, some other brand, it
wouldn't last 2 months without replacing the battery.

I only surmised. They're Bluetooth on a Mac. I get about three or four
months per mouse and keyboard. Both take two AA batteries. So that's
sixteen AA batteries a year at worst. That sounds about right.
There was a time when I thought AAA through D cell batteries would
become obsolete. Boy, was I wrong.

leo
Old 16-05-2018, 11:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-16, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I had Logitech Wave keyboards at home and work. Really like them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYNC

Thnx Ed, but I've been down that Logitech road.

I usta have Logitech's split ergonomic keyboard. In fact, I bought 3
of them. Damn things only last a little over one yr, then fall apart.
All three Logitech keyboards were dead within 3-1/2 yrs. I no longer
buy Logitech for anything.

My M$ Natural split keyboard is over 15 yrs old. It's got keyboard
'plaque' all over it and it still works better'n any Logi-crap
keyboard ever did. Trouble is, my M$ mouse (optical trackball) is a
PS2 conn and the W10 box is strictly USB and an adapter (PS2USB) must
be an 'active' adapter (whatever the heck that is!). I'm still
workin' on it.

nb

You must abuse them! The Logitech wireless keyboard for my old laptop
must be around 10+ years old now and still works, I bought this new
one with the new computer last year as an extra. I don't have a wave
style one like Ed's, but I think they suit a mans larger hands better,
I don't need it.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 May 2018 20:50:16 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
wrote:

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse, both wireless. They're not
bluetooth (that I know of), but the AA batteries have lasted over 2
years now. I used to have a cordless mouse, some other brand, it
wouldn't last 2 months without replacing the battery.

I only surmised. They're Bluetooth on a Mac. I get about three or four
months per mouse and keyboard. Both take two AA batteries. So that's
sixteen AA batteries a year at worst. That sounds about right.
There was a time when I thought AAA through D cell batteries would
become obsolete. Boy, was I wrong.

leo

Something must be wrong in the mix, don't think I ever replaced the
keyboard batteries, only the mouse occasionally.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 6:46:58 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
[...]

Stop using the Windows box and just use the Linux box.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 16-05-2018, 12:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
income. The W10 box was a gift from my younger brother. I'd normally
jes toss the Windows operating system and use Linux, but it's a UEFI
box. I'm working on it.

when you boot the machine and go to install make sure
the installer is running in UEFI mode and not bios mode
otherwise you may be installing without getting the
UEFI stuff and then it is a PITA to get it changed to
UEFI again.

i just went through this on this machine and since i
didn't know anything about UEFI i didn't know about the
different modes and ended up having to figure it all out
and fix it.

refind is a very helpful utility and the configuration
file in /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/refind.conf can be easily edited
(see the samples at the end if you want something specific).
your final destination may be different than mine so the
above path is only a guess for your system.

songbird