Posted to rec.food.cooking
songbird songbird is offline

Default God, I hate this new neyboard!

notbob wrote:
> On 2018-05-16, songbird > wrote:
>
>> i bought a cheap HP keyboard and mouse combination

> Sounds like my "combo". Two input devices, one 'RC' USB unit. My
> mouse works jes fine, despite being so cheap the R/L buttons are jes
> flexible plastic. Must be the screws are under the PTFE strips. All
> I see is an 'on/off' slider switch. Apparently fer the battery.

yes, screws under those in most cases.
i turn off the switch when i'm not using the mouse
as i don't like changing the batteries very often.

one thing nice about the current cheapie mouse is
that it doesn't use batteries nearly as fast as the
other mices i've had.

>> a clicky type and i like it, but linux is currently
>> dropping it for some reason i've not figured out why
>> yet.

> You must be using a systemd variation of Linux. Slackware prolly has
> the drivers you need. I don't know, as this W10 box (i3) is my
> first 64-bit unit (w/ UEFI).

not a driver issue, somewhere else, it worked fine
before, something changed and i haven't narrowed it
down yet to what. in the meantime i'm trying work-
arounds. getting too busy with outdoor things so not
much time spent on bug hunting.

>> it doesn't help that i drop the mouses once in a while on a hard
>> floor... oops...

> Izzat a "flaw" or a "feature"?

a feature would be if i throw it.

songbird