-L. :

Default I hate it when that happens!

DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...

....when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >

-L.
Puester

"-L. :" wrote:

> DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
> celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
> the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
> was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
> this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
> simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
> and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...
>
> ...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
> sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >
>
> -L.

Been there, done that, more times than I care
to remember, mostly with large pots of things
left to cool slightly, but occasionally with
baked goods, too.

gloria p

Bob (this one)

(-L. wrote:

>>>DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
>>>celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
>>>the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
>>>was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
>>>this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
>>>simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
>>>and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...
>>>
>>>...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
>>>sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >
>>>
>>>-L.

>>Well, don't tell anyone, but I'd bring it back to a simmer for about 10
>>minutes and then package it for the chiller. I probably wouldn't toss
>>it unless the temperature in my house was in the 80s. But that's just
>>me.
>>--
>>-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

> Me too....

No doubt about it. Me too...

Pastorio

Van

"Paul M. Cook©®" > wrote in message

> I've done this and survived. The extreme acidity of the sauce will

inhibit
> bacteria for a long time. Certainly a few hours.
>
> Paul

No question. The acidity is your friend.

Van

Jean B.

-L. : wrote:

> DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
> celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
> the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
> was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
> this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
> simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
> and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...
>
> ...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
> sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >
>
> -L.

I put the light on over the stove as a reminder, having BTDT.
Aaarg, indeed.

--
Jean B.

hahabogus

sf > wrote in
:

> I'm sure what happened in the bedroom that night explains
> what was forgotten in the kitchen.
>
> You're only human!
>
> LOL
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

He took his socks off for a change?

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
Kajikit

-L. : had something important to tell us on 29 Jul 2004 14:53:14
-0700:

>DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
>celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
>the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
>was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
>this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
>simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
>and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...
>
>...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
>sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >

Been there, done that. I hate to think how many times I've made a big
pot of dinner and we've eaten half, and then nobody's remembered to
put the other half into the fridge... it's always a PITA (not to
mention a waste of good food...)

Kajikit

-L. : had something important to tell us on 29 Jul 2004 14:53:14
-0700:

>DH was gone on business for three weeks and came home yesterday. In
>celebration, I lovingly prepared a huge pot of pasta sauce - cut up
>the onion, peppers, and mushrooms just so - purchased some meat that
>was especially nice and harvested some fresh herbs and garlic just for
>this dish. I sauteed the veggies to bring out the sweetness, and
>simmered the sauce on low all day. Paired with some homemade pasta
>and a local Pinot Grigio - it was exquisite! Then...
>
>...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
>sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >

Been there, done that. I hate to think how many times I've made a big
pot of dinner and we've eaten half, and then nobody's remembered to
put the other half into the fridge... it's always a PITA (not to
mention a waste of good food...)

Edwin Pawlowski

"-L. :" > wrote in message

> ...when I went to bed I forgot to put the pot in the fridge, and it
> sat out on the stove all night. Argh!!!!! >
>
> -L.

After three weeks, I'd think you'd have more important things on your mind
when you went to bed that a pot of sauce.