Posted to rec.food.cooking
songbird songbird is offline

Default God, I hate this new neyboard!

notbob wrote:
> income. The W10 box was a gift from my younger brother. I'd normally
> jes toss the Windows operating system and use Linux, but it's a UEFI
> box. I'm working on it.

when you boot the machine and go to install make sure
the installer is running in UEFI mode and not bios mode
otherwise you may be installing without getting the
UEFI stuff and then it is a PITA to get it changed to
UEFI again.

i just went through this on this machine and since i
didn't know anything about UEFI i didn't know about the
different modes and ended up having to figure it all out
and fix it.

refind is a very helpful utility and the configuration
file in /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/refind.conf can be easily edited
(see the samples at the end if you want something specific).
your final destination may be different than mine so the
above path is only a guess for your system.

songbird