Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ah. Champagne!

Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Jill

Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2013 8:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Jill

Modern Marvels had an episode about wine. A bottle of champagne can
make 40 million bubbles. Brits were the biggest drinkers of it.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/4/2013 8:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Jill

Modern Marvels had an episode about wine. A bottle of champagne can
make 40 million bubbles. Brits were the biggest drinkers of it.

As a result of my recent trip to prosecco country I realize that the
less fizzy 'frizzante' prosecco suits my preference for a light, crisp,
refreshing beverage. Kind of like a really good dry hard apple cider.
For me champagne is just too fizzy - I feel like white water rapids are
flowing over my palate.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
jmcquown wrote:

Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Champagne goes with everything.

--
Michael Press
Old 05-08-2013, 02:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/08/2013 4:36 AM, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:

Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Champagne goes with everything.

That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not
go well with eggs.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-08-05, Dave Smith wrote:

That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not
go well with eggs.

Try eggs Benedict.

I love a good Champagne, but it's gotta be French. The world,
particularly CA, NZ, and Oz passed France, long ago. But, when
it comes to Champagne, France still holds the winning hand. Even
French brands that have opened wineries in the New World (Napa CA), still
can't touch their home offerings.

nb
Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 01:36:50 -0700, Michael Press

jmcquown wrote:

Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!

http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s

Champagne goes with everything.

As does beer.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
A small pinch of baking soda will take away much of the fizz

You make Mayo fizz?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-08-05, Dave Smith wrote:

That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not
go well with eggs.

Try eggs Benedict.

I love a good Champagne, but it's gotta be French. The world,
particularly CA, NZ, and Oz passed France, long ago. But, when
it comes to Champagne, France still holds the winning hand. Even
French brands that have opened wineries in the New World (Napa CA), still
can't touch their home offerings.

But I think they are getting better and better. If you haven't recently,
you might try DVX (Mumms), Roederer Estate L'Ermitage
(Louis Roederer) or J Sparkling Wine (J Vineyards and Winery, a
California original once bottled by Jordan Winery.)

I don't love any of the others, Schramsberg included, but these
three will stand on their own against any standard French
Champagnes.

pavane

Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-08-05, Dave Smith wrote:

That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not
go well with eggs.

Try eggs Benedict.

I love a good Champagne, but it's gotta be French. The world,
particularly CA, NZ, and Oz passed France, long ago. But, when
it comes to Champagne, France still holds the winning hand. Even
French brands that have opened wineries in the New World (Napa CA), still
can't touch their home offerings.

But I think they are getting better and better. If you haven't recently,
you might try DVX (Mumms), Roederer Estate L'Ermitage
(Louis Roederer) or J Sparkling Wine (J Vineyards and Winery, a
California original once bottled by Jordan Winery.)

I don't love any of the others, Schramsberg included, but these
three will stand on their own against any standard French
Champagnes.

I gravitate to French. Moet, Mumms, Veuve Clicquot. Not in that order. It
really is better.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
Champagne goes with everything.

As does beer.

Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best example
of TIAD, imo. They are two different activities best kept separate.
Eat some steamed crab and wash it down with beer? Oh YUK! Dine on
fine food and sip on wine occasionally? Double YUK!

G.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Brooklyn1 wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
Champagne goes with everything.

As does beer.

Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best example
of TIAD, imo. They are two different activities best kept separate.
Eat some steamed crab and wash it down with beer? Oh YUK! Dine on
fine food and sip on wine occasionally? Double YUK!

So beer and hot dogs is a yuck? If you want the perfect match for
champagne, try Blinis Davidoff. It is a luxury you will never forget. And
the better the champagne and the better the caviar the more luxurious it is.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Brooklyn1 wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
Champagne goes with everything.

As does beer.

Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best example
of TIAD, imo. They are two different activities best kept separate.
Eat some steamed crab and wash it down with beer? Oh YUK! Dine on
fine food and sip on wine occasionally? Double YUK!

So beer and hot dogs is a yuck?

Certainly! I eat hot dogs occasionally. I would never be drinking
beer with them though. YUK!

In the case of a social cookout, I'll drink a few beers and socialize
with others. Once I start with the food, I'll switch to water or soda.
More beer? [email protected]

G.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Brooklyn1 wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
Champagne goes with everything.

As does beer.

Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best example
of TIAD, imo. They are two different activities best kept separate.
Eat some steamed crab and wash it down with beer? Oh YUK! Dine on
fine food and sip on wine occasionally? Double YUK!

So beer and hot dogs is a yuck?

Certainly! I eat hot dogs occasionally. I would never be drinking
beer with them though. YUK!

In the case of a social cookout, I'll drink a few beers and socialize
with others. Once I start with the food, I'll switch to water or soda.
More beer? [email protected]

me thinks legs are being pulled.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-08-05, Dave Smith wrote:

That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not

go well with eggs.

Try eggs Benedict.

I love a good Champagne, but it's gotta be French. The world,

particularly CA, NZ, and Oz passed France, long ago. But, when

it comes to Champagne, France still holds the winning hand. Even

French brands that have opened wineries in the New World (Napa CA), still

can't touch their home offerings.

nb

We have discovered a French sparking wine that is excellent. It is Marquis de la Tour. It is as good as good as any middle priced Champagne, but the price is very low. We really enjoy it.

Dale P

Champagne! Steve Pope General Cooking 0 28-11-2009 06:57 PM
Champagne! cshenk General Cooking 0 28-11-2009 05:27 PM
Champagne Frank Mancuso Winemaking 8 01-12-2006 04:53 PM
NV Champagne - take 2 EMRinVT Wine 6 13-11-2004 11:33 PM
Does Champagne go bad? PRV8EYE Wine 56 29-10-2003 09:10 PM