Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ah. Champagne!

On 06/08/2013 8:47 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> that's why they invented the Mimosa.

>> Why waste good champagne by mixing it with orange juice. Use soda water
>> instead, or drink Orangina.

> Cheap champagne works just fine.

True. It would be even more of a waste to use good champagne. Cheap
champagne is still more expensive than an equivalent quality white wine,
so you could use cheap wine and soda water and have the same effect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> Why waste good champagne by mixing it with orange juice. Use soda water
>>> instead, or drink Orangina.

>> Cheap champagne works just fine.
>>

> True. It would be even more of a waste to use good champagne. Cheap
> champagne is still more expensive than an equivalent quality white wine,
> so you could use cheap wine and soda water and have the same effect.

Or the Italian Prosecco, which with its beautiful fruit and very slight
sweetness is one of the best less-expensive sparkling wines for brunch,
either alone or with orange juice.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
tert in seattle > wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article >,
> > notbob > wrote:

> >> Yep. Back when I was jes a hack, almost every resto in CA served
> >> Franzia Almond Champagne for Sunday brunches. Didn't matter if it was
> >> a Mexican chain, an independent, or a pretty good bistro ....FA
> >> sham-pog-nee! It was the gold standard fer CA Sun brunches. The no
> >> longer make it. More's the pity.
> >>
> >> Later, my tastes stepped up. Finally, I settled on the perfect New
> >> Years Eve meal: Fresh Dungeness crab, SF sourdough bread w/ real
> >> butter, and Fr Champagne. I haven't had it since I left CA 5 yrs ago.
> >> Maybe this yr.
> >>
> >> As for the eggs Benedict, the best I ever ate was EB made with real
> >> Hollandaise and D-crab instead of pork. I'll never understand how
> >> that Thai resto went out of business. 8|

> > Now I have to make eggs benedict served with champagne.
> > Is it okay to put it on regular toasted bread?

> don't let Andy's ghost hear you say that

The reference is lost on me.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> Why waste good champagne by mixing it with orange juice. Use soda water
>>> instead, or drink Orangina.

>> Cheap champagne works just fine.
>>

> True. It would be even more of a waste to use good champagne. Cheap
> champagne is still more expensive than an equivalent quality white wine,
> so you could use cheap wine and soda water and have the same effect.

Cook's CHampage is typically under 5 bucks. SO is average white wine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pico Rico wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...

> >> So beer and hot dogs is a yuck?

> > Certainly! I eat hot dogs occasionally. I would never be drinking
> > beer with them though. YUK!
> >
> > In the case of a social cookout, I'll drink a few beers and socialize
> > with others. Once I start with the food, I'll switch to water or soda.
> > More beer? noway@
> >

> me thinks legs are being pulled.

LOL! No. I am quite serious about the alcohol vs food thing.
heheheh

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ViLco wrote:

> Il 05/08/2013 19:57, Gary ha scritto:
>
> > Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best example
> > of TIAD, imo.

> So you think that the all research and literature regarding wine-food
> pairing is an example of TIAD.

Yep. Pretty much. Keep in mind....I'm right and the world is wrong.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>>> Drinking alcoholic beverages along with food is the very best
>>> example of TIAD, imo.

>> So you think that the all research and literature regarding wine-food
>> pairing is an example of TIAD.

> Yep. Pretty much. Keep in mind....I'm right and the world is wrong.

LOL
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Champagne! Steve Pope General Cooking 0 28-11-2009 06:57 PM
Champagne! cshenk General Cooking 0 28-11-2009 05:27 PM
Champagne Frank Mancuso Winemaking 8 01-12-2006 04:53 PM
NV Champagne - take 2 EMRinVT Wine 6 13-11-2004 11:33 PM
Does Champagne go bad? PRV8EYE Wine 56 29-10-2003 09:10 PM