Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_5_] pavane[_5_] is offline

Default Ah. Champagne!

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-08-05, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> That is what I thought until we had a a champagne breakfast. It does not
>> go well with eggs.

> Try eggs Benedict.
>
> I love a good Champagne, but it's gotta be French. The world,
> particularly CA, NZ, and Oz passed France, long ago. But, when
> it comes to Champagne, France still holds the winning hand. Even
> French brands that have opened wineries in the New World (Napa CA), still
> can't touch their home offerings.

But I think they are getting better and better. If you haven't recently,
you might try DVX (Mumms), Roederer Estate L'Ermitage
(Louis Roederer) or J Sparkling Wine (J Vineyards and Winery, a
California original once bottled by Jordan Winery.)

I don't love any of the others, Schramsberg included, but these
three will stand on their own against any standard French
Champagnes.

pavane