Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default Ah. Champagne!

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/4/2013 8:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Or as Smithsonion Magazine calls it, a wine "accident". Fun reading!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kmfud8s
>>
>> Jill

> Modern Marvels had an episode about wine. A bottle of champagne can
> make 40 million bubbles. Brits were the biggest drinkers of it.

As a result of my recent trip to prosecco country I realize that the
less fizzy 'frizzante' prosecco suits my preference for a light, crisp,
refreshing beverage. Kind of like a really good dry hard apple cider.
For me champagne is just too fizzy - I feel like white water rapids are
flowing over my palate.