Old 14-07-2013, 09:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cocktails

Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Best

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 14-07-2013, 11:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Old 14-07-2013, 12:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 14-07-2013, 05:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
here sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
make them at home.

Old 14-07-2013, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
here sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them
all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I
do like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
make them at home.

Ok no problem

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 14-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

For store bought goods Ezra Brooks is hard to beat. Got a nice Sour Mash twang. Tastes like Jack Daniels should..but dont. About 3/4 the price and 90 proof for Character. That is what Bocephus wrote his song over. If you want to chill mix it with crick water and get ready for some good sleep. If you mix it with Coca Cola..coffee or Red Bull it will make a person get crazy and go to Dallas and write hot checks in the wee hours of the morn. Now for boys afternoon out with the guys..it tastes very good as a shooter to get the funky old cheap draw beer taste out of the mouth parts. Makes beer drinkers slightly more intelligent for a while. Also handsome and tough. lol.
Old 15-07-2013, 03:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.

Tuxedo martini

1 oz dry gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash anisette
dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")

Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

--
Michael Press
Old 15-07-2013, 07:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Negroni

3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
twist of orange.

Old 15-07-2013, 11:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"bigwheel" wrote in message

'Ophelia[_9_ Wrote:
;1848745']"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...-

"Ophelia"
lid wrote in message
...-

"Julie Bove"
wrote in message
...-

"Ophelia"
lid wrote in message
[...]

Err thanks Not sure I could find any of that even if I could understand
what is was
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-07-2013, 11:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Press" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote:

Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.

Tuxedo martini

1 oz dry gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash anisette
dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")

Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Thank you very much, Michael saved

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-07-2013, 05:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:53:23 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Single malt/ice cubes ??????? Such sacrilege !

lol each to his/her own) I am sure your tastes on other things are not
the
same as everyone else Himself wouldn't add ice ... but I would

--

When my parents lived in Japan, it was very expensive to come by. So
the servants had orders, depending what the person ordered with it, so

Nobody seemed to notice or become discombobulated

lol sounds fair enough to me) I am no whisky drinker so the rare time I
have one, I have no interest in his good malts
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-07-2013, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
here sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them
all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I
do like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
make them at home.

Ok no problem

I remember Benny Hill saying that a barman had asked him if he liked
cocktails. Benny said yes - so he told him a few!

Old 15-07-2013, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
here sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them
all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I
do like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
make them at home.

Ok no problem

I remember Benny Hill saying that a barman had asked him if he liked
cocktails. Benny said yes - so he told him a few!

grin

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-07-2013, 08:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

"Ophelia" wrote:

Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.

Tuxedo martini

1 oz dry gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash anisette
dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")

Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Thank you very much, Michael saved

It's nice. I use 2 oz of gin and EITHER the anisette or the maraschino.
Also for vermouth, for God's sake don't use Martini & Rossi's "Extra
Dry ****" or anybody else's for that matter. Noilly Pratt, Dolin or
Lillet Blanc.

Old 15-07-2013, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-15 18:29:41 +0000, Christine Dabney said:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:44:18 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
twist of orange.

Just had my first one a few months ago.

If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.

I've not heard of that, but it's worth pursuit.

Southern cocktails Brawny General Cooking 6 11-01-2010 09:53 AM
Southern cocktails Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 3 09-01-2010 08:08 AM
Southern cocktails Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 5 09-01-2010 12:21 AM
Low-Cal Cocktails mixr General 3 12-08-2009 10:38 AM
Cocktails (5) Cocktails [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-07-2005 04:27 AM