Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cocktails

Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Best

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
> sound delicious
>
> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
like a

French 75
Kamikaze
Gin and Tonic
Extra Dry Gin Martini
Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>> sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))
>>

> I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
> like a
>
> French 75
> Kamikaze
> Gin and Tonic
> Extra Dry Gin Martini
> Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
> Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
>>> here sound delicious
>>>
>>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))
>>>

>> I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I do
>> like a
>>
>> French 75
>> Kamikaze
>> Gin and Tonic
>> Extra Dry Gin Martini
>> Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
>> Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

> Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
make them at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I
>>> do like a
>>>
>>> French 75
>>> Kamikaze
>>> Gin and Tonic
>>> Extra Dry Gin Martini
>>> Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
>>> Margarita, lime, blended, with salt

>> Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

> Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
> make them at home.

Ok no problem

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

For store bought goods Ezra Brooks is hard to beat. Got a nice Sour Mash twang. Tastes like Jack Daniels should..but dont. About 3/4 the price and 90 proof for Character. That is what Bocephus wrote his song over. If you want to chill mix it with crick water and get ready for some good sleep. If you mix it with Coca Cola..coffee or Red Bull it will make a person get crazy and go to Dallas and write hot checks in the wee hours of the morn. Now for boys afternoon out with the guys..it tastes very good as a shooter to get the funky old cheap draw beer taste out of the mouth parts. Makes beer drinkers slightly more intelligent for a while. Also handsome and tough. lol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
> sound delicious
>
> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.

Tuxedo martini

1 oz dry gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash anisette
dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")

Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
> sound delicious
>
> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Negroni

3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
twist of orange.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid wrote in message
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
>> here sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them
>> all))
>>
>> I never was a big drinker and don't like most cocktails but the ones I
>>
>> do like a
>>
>> French 75
>> Kamikaze
>> Gin and Tonic
>> Extra Dry Gin Martini
>> Amaretto Sour, either blended or on the rocks
>> Margarita, lime, blended, with salt-
>>
>> Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please-
>>
>> Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I
>> don't
>> make them at home.-
>>
>> Ok no problem
>>
>> --
>> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> For store bought goods Ezra Brooks is hard to beat. Got a nice Sour Mash
> twang. Tastes like Jack Daniels should..but dont. About 3/4 the price
> and 90 proof for Character. That is what Bocephus wrote his song over.
> If you want to chill mix it with crick water and get ready for some good
> sleep. If you mix it with Coca Cola..coffee or Red Bull it will make a
> person get crazy and go to Dallas and write hot checks in the wee hours
> of the morn. Now for boys afternoon out with the guys..it tastes very
> good as a shooter to get the funky old cheap draw beer taste out of the
> mouth parts. Makes beer drinkers slightly more intelligent for a while.
> Also handsome and tough. lol.

Err thanks Not sure I could find any of that even if I could understand
what is was
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Press" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>> sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

> I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
> strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.
>
> Tuxedo martini
>
> 1 oz dry gin
> 1/2 oz dry vermouth
> dash anisette
> dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")
>
> Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Thank you very much, Michael <saved>

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:53:23 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>>> Single malt/ice cubes ??????? Such sacrilege !

>>lol each to his/her own) I am sure your tastes on other things are not
>>the
>>same as everyone else Himself wouldn't add ice ... but I would
>>
>>--

> When my parents lived in Japan, it was very expensive to come by. So
> the servants had orders, depending what the person ordered with it, so
> they received. Single malt for those who just wanted the malt, soda
> next rung down, one more down cubes and only Japanese whiskey for
> those who asked for whiskey ginger.
>
> Nobody seemed to notice or become discombobulated

lol sounds fair enough to me) I am no whisky drinker so the rare time I
have one, I have no interest in his good malts
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Well apart from G&T I need the recipes if you please

>> Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
>> make them at home.

> Ok no problem

I remember Benny Hill saying that a barman had asked him if he liked
cocktails. Benny said yes - so he told him a few!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Sorry, don't have recipes. I've just had them while I was out. I don't
>>> make them at home.

>> Ok no problem
>>

> I remember Benny Hill saying that a barman had asked him if he liked
> cocktails. Benny said yes - so he told him a few!

<grin>

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-15 10:17:55 +0000, Ophelia said:

> "Michael Press" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>>
>>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>>> sound delicious
>>>
>>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

>> I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
>> strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.
>>
>> Tuxedo martini
>>
>> 1 oz dry gin
>> 1/2 oz dry vermouth
>> dash anisette
>> dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")
>>
>> Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

> Thank you very much, Michael <saved>

It's nice. I use 2 oz of gin and EITHER the anisette or the maraschino.
Also for vermouth, for God's sake don't use Martini & Rossi's "Extra
Dry ****" or anybody else's for that matter. Noilly Pratt, Dolin or
Lillet Blanc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-15 18:29:41 +0000, Christine Dabney said:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:44:18 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
>> twist of orange.
>>

> Just had my first one a few months ago.
>
> If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.

I've not heard of that, but it's worth pursuit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gtr" > wrote in message news:2013071512490166372-xxx@yyyzzz...
> On 2013-07-15 10:17:55 +0000, Ophelia said:
>
>> "Michael Press" > wrote in message

>>> I do not like most cocktails because they are usually very
>>> strong, but with the alcohol masked by strongly flavored ingredients.
>>>
>>> Tuxedo martini
>>>
>>> 1 oz dry gin
>>> 1/2 oz dry vermouth
>>> dash anisette
>>> dash maraschino liquor (Luxardo "il maraschino originale")
>>>
>>> Shake over ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

>> Thank you very much, Michael <saved>

> It's nice. I use 2 oz of gin and EITHER the anisette or the maraschino.
> Also for vermouth, for God's sake don't use Martini & Rossi's "Extra Dry
> ****" or anybody else's for that matter. Noilly Pratt, Dolin or Lillet
> Blanc.

Thanks! Just as well you said .... I don't know anything about any of
them All noted!! I have yet to visit a place which sells all these
things, so first I have to find one I always stuck to G&T and Himself the
Malts so I am in unchartered seas) I am gathering together a list of
things to look for. All recommendations gratefully accepted
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2013 2:29 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:44:18 -0700, "Paul M. >
> wrote:
>

>> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
>> twist of orange.
>>

> Just had my first one a few months ago.
>
> If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.
>
> Christine

Another variation is Punt e Mes instead of vermouth and Aperol instead
of Campari. It's slightly less bitter.

I recently had a Jack Rose, which is made by shaking 2 ounces of
Applejack with 1 ounce of lemon juice and a 1/2 ounce of pomegranate.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
> sound delicious
>
> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Americano

1 part each: Campari, sweet vermouth, and soda over ice
top with a brandy float and lemon zest

Picon Punch

1/2 teaspoon grenadine syrup
1 oz. Amer Picon
stir together well and add ice
then add 2 oz. soda and stir
top with a brandy float and lemon zest

These were favorite drinks in the North Beach neighborhood of San
Francisco in my youth. (Amer Picon is not currently being imported into
the USA. Amer Torani, a good substitute is available.)

D.M.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy > wrote:

> On 7/15/2013 2:29 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:44:18 -0700, "Paul M. >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
> >> twist of orange.
> >>

> > Just had my first one a few months ago.
> >
> > If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.
> >
> > Christine

> Another variation is Punt e Mes instead of vermouth and Aperol instead
> of Campari. It's slightly less bitter.
>
> I recently had a Jack Rose, which is made by shaking 2 ounces of
> Applejack with 1 ounce of lemon juice and a 1/2 ounce of pomegranate.

Dorothy Parker's tipple.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Don Martinich" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>> sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))
>>

> Americano
>
> 1 part each: Campari, sweet vermouth, and soda over ice
> top with a brandy float and lemon zest
>

> Picon Punch
>
> 1/2 teaspoon grenadine syrup
> 1 oz. Amer Picon
> stir together well and add ice
> then add 2 oz. soda and stir
> top with a brandy float and lemon zest
>
> These were favorite drinks in the North Beach neighborhood of San
> Francisco in my youth. (Amer Picon is not currently being imported into
> the USA. Amer Torani, a good substitute is available.)

Thanks Don <saved> All these things I am learning about sound very
exotic <g> I've never heard of most. It will be fun trying to find them
never mind try them out)

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Press" > wrote in message
> In article >, Tracy > wrote:
>
>> On 7/15/2013 2:29 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:

>> > Just had my first one a few months ago.
>> >
>> > If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.
>> >
>> > Christine

>> Another variation is Punt e Mes instead of vermouth and Aperol instead
>> of Campari. It's slightly less bitter.
>>
>> I recently had a Jack Rose, which is made by shaking 2 ounces of
>> Applejack with 1 ounce of lemon juice and a 1/2 ounce of pomegranate.

> Dorothy Parker's tipple.

Just noticed this Thanks, Tracy

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2013 11:00 PM, Michael Press wrote:
> In >, > wrote:
>
>> On 7/15/2013 2:29 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> Just had my first one a few months ago.
>>>
>>> If you use Bourbon instead of gin, you get a Boulevardier.
>>>
>>> Christine

>> Another variation is Punt e Mes instead of vermouth and Aperol instead
>> of Campari. It's slightly less bitter.
>>
>> I recently had a Jack Rose, which is made by shaking 2 ounces of
>> Applejack with 1 ounce of lemon juice and a 1/2 ounce of pomegranate.

> Dorothy Parker's tipple.

Did not know that. Some recipes call for lime, but I had it with lemon.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2013 10:27 PM, Don Martinich wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>> sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))
>>

> Americano
>
> 1 part each: Campari, sweet vermouth, and soda over ice
> top with a brandy float and lemon zest
>

> Picon Punch
>
> 1/2 teaspoon grenadine syrup
> 1 oz. Amer Picon
> stir together well and add ice
> then add 2 oz. soda and stir
> top with a brandy float and lemon zest
>
> These were favorite drinks in the North Beach neighborhood of San
> Francisco in my youth. (Amer Picon is not currently being imported into
> the USA. Amer Torani, a good substitute is available.)
>
> D.M.

I brought home a bottle of Picon from Paris for my son - the bartender.
His only request.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
>> sound delicious
>>
>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

> Negroni
>
> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
> twist of orange.

I make mine with one part each, not three. Comes out the same.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned
>>> here sound delicious
>>>
>>> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

>> Negroni
>>
>> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with
>> a twist of orange.
>>

> I make mine with one part each, not three. Comes out the same.

Some of us have more efficient ways of preparing drinks and plan ahead for
things like seconds.

You could even mix all three bottles ands store it in the fridge. Which BTW
I have done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

We drink mostly straight Scotch, Calvados, Armagnac, Cognac, and rums.

But for us, the perfect outdoor summer drink is a Beefeater gin and tonic.

And for the past five or so years, we've experimented with variants of
the classic Sidecar -- Cognac, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, 2-1-1 --
by substituting other liquors, especially Calvados, but also rum or
bourbon, for the Cognac and orange liqueur.

And you can experiment further by using sweet-and-sour mix in place of
the lemon juice, with or without a sugared rim.

A Calvados Sidecar, with 3 parts Calvados to one part s-a-s mix, is
probably our favorite.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message

>>> Negroni
>>>
>>> 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with
>>> a twist of orange.
>>>

>> I make mine with one part each, not three. Comes out the same.

> Some of us have more efficient ways of preparing drinks and plan ahead for
> things like seconds.
>
> You could even mix all three bottles ands store it in the fridge. Which
> BTW I have done.

all three bottles would be one part each, no?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/07/2013 2:13 PM, pltrgyst wrote:
> We drink mostly straight Scotch, Calvados, Armagnac, Cognac, and rums.

I like scotch with a little water or a little bit of ice. My favourite
cocktail is a Manhattan. I love those things.

> But for us, the perfect outdoor summer drink is a Beefeater gin and tonic.

Nothing like it on hot summer day.... and I prefer a slice of lime to r
lemon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 16/07/2013 2:13 PM, pltrgyst wrote:
> > But for us, the perfect outdoor summer drink is a Beefeater gin and tonic.

> Nothing like it on hot summer day.... and I prefer a slice of lime to r
> lemon.

For me, on a hot summer day, there's nothing better than "nature's
champagne"....a tall glass of cool fresh water. :-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy > wrote:

> On 7/15/2013 11:00 PM, Michael Press wrote:

> >> Another variation is Punt e Mes instead of vermouth and Aperol instead
> >> of Campari. It's slightly less bitter.
> >>
> >> I recently had a Jack Rose, which is made by shaking 2 ounces of
> >> Applejack with 1 ounce of lemon juice and a 1/2 ounce of pomegranate.

> > Dorothy Parker's tipple.
> >

> Did not know that. Some recipes call for lime, but I had it with lemon.

Yes, The Savoy Cocktail Book calls for lime
and that is good enough for me.

--
Michael Press

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Pico Rico" > wrote:

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >> Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
> >> sound delicious
> >>
> >> Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

> > Negroni
> >
> > 3 parts each sweet vermouth, Campari and gin. Stir, serve over ice with a
> > twist of orange.

> I make mine with one part each, not three. Comes out the same.

Oh, a wise guy, eh!

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-16 02:27:14 +0000, Don Martinich said:

> Americano
>
> 1 part each: Campari, sweet vermouth, and soda over ice
> top with a brandy float and lemon zest

In France two years ago I took great pleasure in ordering an Americano
Maison (the house Americano). It was always good, and they almost
always had a slightly different version of how they did it.

The most frequent was 1 part each of campari, sweet vermouth and dry
vermouth. In looking up recipes online for this I find none that have
dry vermouth. Go figure.

I've not heard of the brandy float, but have frequently heard of both
orange and/or lemon slices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-16 13:38:16 +0000, Tracy said:

> I brought home a bottle of Picon from Paris for my son - the bartender.
> His only request.

Amer Picon dissappeared from store shelves a few years back. I hear
it's coming back though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-16 18:13:33 +0000, pltrgyst said:

> We drink mostly straight Scotch, Calvados, Armagnac, Cognac, and rums.

I'll be over later this evening...

> But for us, the perfect outdoor summer drink is a Beefeater gin and tonic.

I'll be over later this afternoon...

> And for the past five or so years, we've experimented with variants of
> the classic Sidecar -- Cognac, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, 2-1-1
> -- by substituting other liquors, especially Calvados, but also rum or
> bourbon, for the Cognac and orange liqueur.
>
> And you can experiment further by using sweet-and-sour mix in place of
> the lemon juice, with or without a sugared rim.
>
> A Calvados Sidecar, with 3 parts Calvados to one part s-a-s mix, is
> probably our favorite.

Knowing my tastes, the bar at a local French restaurant made me a
sidecar with armagnac. It was totally amazing. If anybody else around
here stocked armagnac, I'd over it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/07/2013 3:44 PM, gtr wrote:

> Knowing my tastes, the bar at a local French restaurant made me a
> sidecar with armagnac. It was totally amazing. If anybody else around
> here stocked armagnac, I'd over it.

I don't know why anyone would use top shelf liquors for anything other
than drinking it on it's one. Whiskey and coke or ginger ale, rum and
coke, screwdrivers. I can make an exception for good gin and good tonic
water, or a decent rye for Manhattans, but when you start making
alcoholic jungle juice you need only good liquors, not the best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-17 19:49:23 +0000, Dave Smith said:

> On 17/07/2013 3:44 PM, gtr wrote:
>
>> Knowing my tastes, the bar at a local French restaurant made me a
>> sidecar with armagnac. It was totally amazing. If anybody else around
>> here stocked armagnac, I'd over it.

> I don't know why anyone would use top shelf liquors for anything other
> than drinking it on it's one.

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes I like cocktails for their lack
of weight. Frankly I prefer armagnac in a snifter at home where I can
concentrate on it. But it's great in a cocktail too.

> Whiskey and coke or ginger ale, rum and coke, screwdrivers. I can make
> an exception for good gin and good tonic water, or a decent rye for
> Manhattans, but when you start making alcoholic jungle juice you need
> only good liquors, not the best.

If "tolerable" is good enough, go with the marginal--enjoy! I think
there are other reasons to avoid cheap booze in mixed drinks--like how
I'll feel tomorrow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <2013071712440836124-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr > wrote:

> On 2013-07-16 18:13:33 +0000, pltrgyst said:
>
> > We drink mostly straight Scotch, Calvados, Armagnac, Cognac, and rums.

> I'll be over later this evening...
>
> > But for us, the perfect outdoor summer drink is a Beefeater gin and tonic.

> I'll be over later this afternoon...
>
> > And for the past five or so years, we've experimented with variants of
> > the classic Sidecar -- Cognac, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, 2-1-1
> > -- by substituting other liquors, especially Calvados, but also rum or
> > bourbon, for the Cognac and orange liqueur.
> >
> > And you can experiment further by using sweet-and-sour mix in place of
> > the lemon juice, with or without a sugared rim.
> >
> > A Calvados Sidecar, with 3 parts Calvados to one part s-a-s mix, is
> > probably our favorite.

> Knowing my tastes, the bar at a local French restaurant made me a
> sidecar with armagnac. It was totally amazing. If anybody else around
> here stocked armagnac, I'd over it.

Related is the brandy crusta. I make it without the sugar crust.

6 cognac or armagnac or brandy
1 maraschino liqueur
1 Cointreau or Grand Marnier or orange curaƧao
2 dash lemon juice
1 dash Angostura bitters

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> On 17/07/2013 3:44 PM, gtr wrote:
>
> > Knowing my tastes, the bar at a local French restaurant made me a
> > sidecar with armagnac. It was totally amazing. If anybody else around
> > here stocked armagnac, I'd over it.

> I don't know why anyone would use top shelf liquors for anything other
> than drinking it on it's one. Whiskey and coke or ginger ale, rum and
> coke, screwdrivers. I can make an exception for good gin and good tonic
> water, or a decent rye for Manhattans, but when you start making
> alcoholic jungle juice you need only good liquors, not the best.

That is why we do not use the best armagnac. Anyway,
armagnac in the USA is overpriced; so cognac is the
better choice. I've had armagnac that was not all that
good. You know they are allowed to put in caramel? If
you want good brandy buy the pale stuff. Same for
single malt---unless you enjoy the stuff out of sherry barrels.

--
Michael Press
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia[_9_] View Post
Not some thing I have ever bothered with, but some of them mentioned here
sound delicious

Please would you post your favourites, and I promise to try them all))

Best

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Not sure why everybody ignored what John Wayne had to say about this nonesense. Yes..he will take a shot of Red Eye out of dirty glass. What dont yankee yuppies understand about that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-18 01:28:46 +0000, bigwheel said:

> Not sure why everybody ignored what John Wayne had to say about this
> nonesense.

I ignored everything John Wayne had to say about anything.

> Yes..he will take a shot of Red Eye out of dirty glass.

He'd could drink cool-aid out of a dog's ass if he likes. Hell--it
might have made his movies more entertaining!

> What dont yankee yuppies understand about that?

Don't you want to through in Moslems to ensure the category is complete?

Southern cocktails Brawny General Cooking 6 11-01-2010 09:53 AM
Southern cocktails Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 3 09-01-2010 08:08 AM
Southern cocktails Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 5 09-01-2010 12:21 AM
Low-Cal Cocktails mixr General 3 12-08-2009 10:38 AM
Cocktails (5) Cocktails [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-07-2005 04:27 AM