Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coleslaw help!

Quickie Q. Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. Do I
par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?

Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 2:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *

split the batch - put raw in one, parcooked in the other. How's
THAT for a dumb answer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Quickie Q. Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die!
>
> nb

Raw. (actually, they are already fried)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 1:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?

How 'bout yer *jes* shove 'em up yer arse?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Quickie Q. Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die!
>
> nb

Raw,so they soak up the dressing. I made this for a Memorial Day picnic.
Cashews are good in it, also sunflower seeds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 11:21*am, notbob > wrote:
> Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *
>
> nb

as they come from the package. i've made this before; you want them
to be a little bit more al dente, and these types of noodles will suck
up the dressing very nicely.

harriet & critters in cool, cloudy azusa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Jun 2011 18:21:38 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> Quickie Q. Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die!

I've never used ramen for salad, but I'd keep them crunchy. Can you
buy those long rice noodles? They puff up immediately the second they
hit hot oil and that's what I use.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 1:27*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> notbob wrote:
> > Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> > par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?

> > Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *

> > nb

> Raw. *(actually, they are already fried)

Yep, raw. This stuff is really good and who'd thought those little
noodles could be so tasty in a slaw/salad? Slivered almonds are also
good as an addition after it's on your plate but not in the salad as
it's made.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 1:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>
> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *
>
> nb

The recipe that was really popular around here a few years ago, used
them out of the package, broken up a little, and tossed in at the last
minute. DON'T parboil them or cook them - the crunch is wonderful.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:50:09 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 1:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> > Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> > par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
> >
> > Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *
> >
> > nb

> The recipe that was really popular around here a few years ago, used
> them out of the package, broken up a little, and tossed in at the last
> minute. DON'T parboil them or cook them - the crunch is wonderful.

It still sounds perfectly disgusting to me. I had to eat too many
Chung King Chow Mein meals when I was a kid to think ramen in cole
slaw sounds tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 10:00*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:50:09 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>
> > wrote:
> > On Jun 9, 1:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> > > Quickie Q. *Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. *Do I
> > > par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?

> > > Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die! *

> > > nb

> > The recipe that was really popular around here a few years ago, used
> > them out of the package, broken up a little, and tossed in at the last
> > minute. *DON'T parboil them or cook them - the crunch is wonderful.

> It still sounds perfectly disgusting to me. *I had to eat too many
> Chung King Chow Mein meals when I was a kid to think ramen in cole
> slaw sounds tasty.

No, no. Honest, it really is a good slaw/salad! The first time a
girl at work said she was bringing this I thought "gad, that sounds
really nasty." Especially when this girl is not known for knowing her
way around the kitchen. But the stuff really is good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:52:01 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
> wrote:

> On Jun 10, 10:00*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:50:09 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> >

> > > The recipe that was really popular around here a few years ago, used
> > > them out of the package, broken up a little, and tossed in at the last
> > > minute. *DON'T parboil them or cook them - the crunch is wonderful.

> > It still sounds perfectly disgusting to me. *I had to eat too many
> > Chung King Chow Mein meals when I was a kid to think ramen in cole
> > slaw sounds tasty.
> >

> No, no. Honest, it really is a good slaw/salad! The first time a
> girl at work said she was bringing this I thought "gad, that sounds
> really nasty." Especially when this girl is not known for knowing her
> way around the kitchen. But the stuff really is good!

Well, if I ever work up the nerve to try it... maybe it will turn out
like that pretzel jello salad - which sounds absolutely horrible, but
turned out to be pretty darned tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2011 4:50 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> On Jun 9, 1:21 pm, > wrote:
>> Quickie Q. Gonna make an Oriental coleslaw w/ ramen noodles. Do I
>> par-cook 'em or jes put in raw fer crunchiness?
>>
>> Answer within 3 hrs of this post or die!
>>
>> nb

> The recipe that was really popular around here a few years ago, used
> them out of the package, broken up a little, and tossed in at the last
> minute. DON'T parboil them or cook them - the crunch is wonderful.
>
> N.

It was surprising to see that the kids here were sprinkling the soup
base on the block of noodles and eating that as a snack. Sometimes
they'd whack the package of noodles to break it into smaller chunks
before opening the bag. I've even seen ramen packaged for this purpose.
As a salty snack, the price is hard to beat and I'd rather eat fried
noodles instead of pork rinds. My guess is that they'd be great as
emergency rations.

A dish popular over here is somen salad which is somen noodles and crisp
greens. It's serve cold with a ginger sesame dressing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

i need to see a tried and true recipe to see if i want to make it, Lee

coleslaw KROM Diabetic 9 20-09-2011 12:02 AM
Coleslaw Corey Richardson[_3_] General Cooking 16 01-09-2008 10:35 PM
KFC Coleslaw Marita Blessing Recipes (moderated) 0 14-10-2006 01:56 AM
KFC Coleslaw Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 28-05-2005 01:46 AM
Coleslaw Blondie Lou General Cooking 0 06-04-2005 10:43 PM