Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Default Coleslaw

What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Aug 26, 7:30*pm, Corey Richardson >
wrote:
> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Here's what I make for my husband:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste (quite a lot of salt, really)

Toss with 1 pound shredded cabbage and whatever other vegetables
(e.g., onion) you like.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

"Corey Richardson" > wrote in message
> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

IMHO the best in the world.

From the Original Panrty in Los Angeles CA.

The Original Pantry Coleslaw recipe

If you are going to try it DO NOT SUBSTITUTE.

Ingredients:
1 large head cabbage, very finely shredded
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 TBSP white wine vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp celery salt
Dash black pepper
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:

Blend together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and oil. Add garlic and onion
powders, mustard, celery salt, pepper, lemon juice, half and half and salt.
Stir until smooth. Pour over cabbage in a large bowl and toss until cabbage
is well coated. Makes 8 to 10 servings

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:30:24 +0100, Corey Richardson wrote:

> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

this is what i usually make. it's not sweet, and frankly tastes better
than your k.f.c. recipe sounded:

cole slaw (adapted from 'the everyday cookbook' by betty wason)

2 cups (not too finely) shredded cabbage, or a little more

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp dry mustard

1/2 tbl sugar

1 to 1 1/2 tbl rice vinegar (or other mild vinegar)

1 1/2 tbls sour cream }
} or 2 tbl mayonnaise
1 tbl mayonnaise }

* * * * * * * *

mix together mustard, sugar and vinegar.

to shredded cabbage in bowl, add 1/2 the salt and toss. add the other
half, toss.

add vinegar mixture, toss.

add mayonnaise or sour cream/mayonnaise and toss. refrigerate.

4-6 side servings (it says here). it keeps pretty well for a few days.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Aug 26, 6:30*pm, Corey Richardson >
wrote:
> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

I have made gallons of this for buffets, picnics, parties, BBQs etc.

Vinegar Coleslaw

1 head of cabbage
2 carrots
1/2 cup bell pepper (red, green, whatever)
1 onion

Dressing:
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cider (or rice) vinegar
1 TB salt
1 TB mustard seed
1 TB celery seed

Chop, shred or grate vegetables very fine (as you like them).
Bring dressing ingredients to a boil,
Remove from heat.
Pour hot dressing over vegetables.
Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.

This much dressing will do twice the veggies if you wish. It stores
very well in big ziplock bags and keeps for weeks in your fridge, It
also travels well and stands up safely on a buffet table, You an
reheat the leftover dressing and pour it over "new" vegetables. Also
good on burgers, hotdogs & sandwiches.

Lynn in Fargo

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Corey Richardson wrote:

> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Anything without onions, onions in cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni
salad is disgusting taste in ass... any TIAers want onions they can
add them to their own at time of consumption... and I do mean
Consumption:
1 a: a progressive wasting away of the body
And then eat with the lepers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Aug 26, 4:30*pm, Corey Richardson >
wrote:
> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Shredded cabbage & carrots, and raisins (unshredded LOL)with a
dressing made out of mayo, a little ketchup, and a little sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,

Here is a good one:

Asian Cole Slaw

_ head red cabbage
1 head greed or savoy cabbage
_ bunch cilantro
1 cup green onions, chopped
_ cup rice-wine vinegar
_ cup sesame oil
_ cup honey
2 Tbs. sugar
_ Tbs. Chinese Five-Spice powder
_ cup sesame seeds, toasted
_ cup sliced almonds, toasted

Finely shred green and red cabbage into a bowl; add green onions. Combine
vinegar, oil, honey, sugar and spice powder; blend with whisk or fork. Add
dressing to vegetables and add cilantro, sesame seeds and almonds just before
serving.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:05:35 -0400, Sheldon wrote
(in article
>):

> Corey Richardson wrote:
>>
>> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

> Anything without onions, onions in cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni
> salad is disgusting taste in ass... any TIAers want onions they can
> add them to their own at time of consumption... and I do mean
> Consumption:
> 1 a: a progressive wasting away of the body
> And then eat with the lepers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Thanks for this thread!!
I'll be experimenting.

Ralph

wrote:
> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Here's what I make for my husband:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste (quite a lot of salt, really)

Toss with 1 pound shredded cabbage and whatever other vegetables
(e.g., onion) you like.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

>> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

> Anything without onions, onions in cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni
> salad is disgusting taste in ass... any TIAers want onions they can
> add them to their own at time of consumption... and I do mean
> Consumption:
> 1 a: a progressive wasting away of the body
> And then eat with the lepers.

That's just your opinion, which only matters in your kitchen. Now go wash
your head, it's FILTHY.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking,

Janis > wrote in
la.org:

> Here is a good one:
>
> Asian Cole Slaw
>
> _ head red cabbage
> 1 head greed or savoy cabbage
> _ bunch cilantro
> 1 cup green onions, chopped
> _ cup rice-wine vinegar
> _ cup sesame oil
> _ cup honey
> 2 Tbs. sugar
> _ Tbs. Chinese Five-Spice powder
> _ cup sesame seeds, toasted
> _ cup sliced almonds, toasted
>
> Finely shred green and red cabbage into a bowl; add green onions.
> Combine vinegar, oil, honey, sugar and spice powder; blend with whisk
> or fork. Add dressing to vegetables and add cilantro, sesame seeds
> and almonds just before serving.
>

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:05:35 -0400, Sheldon wrote
> (in article
> >):

How much is _ ?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Uh, that is embarassing. Sorry about that. Here is the recipe again.

1/2 head red cabbage
1 head greed or savoy cabbage
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup rice-wine vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 Tbs. Chinese Five-Spice powder
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Finely shred green and red cabbage into a bowl; add green onions. Combine
vinegar, oil, honey, sugar and spice powder; blend with whisk or fork. Add
dressing to vegetables and add cilantro, sesame seeds and almonds just before
serving.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:13:31 -0400, hahabogus wrote
(in article >):

> Janis > wrote in
> la.org:
>
>> Here is a good one:
>>
>> Asian Cole Slaw
>>
>> _ head red cabbage
>> 1 head greed or savoy cabbage
>> _ bunch cilantro
>> 1 cup green onions, chopped
>> _ cup rice-wine vinegar
>> _ cup sesame oil
>> _ cup honey
>> 2 Tbs. sugar
>> _ Tbs. Chinese Five-Spice powder
>> _ cup sesame seeds, toasted
>> _ cup sliced almonds, toasted
>>
>> Finely shred green and red cabbage into a bowl; add green onions.
>> Combine vinegar, oil, honey, sugar and spice powder; blend with whisk
>> or fork. Add dressing to vegetables and add cilantro, sesame seeds
>> and almonds just before serving.
>>

>> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:05:35 -0400, Sheldon wrote
>> (in article
>> >):
>>

> How much is _ ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> On Aug 26, 6:30 pm, Corey Richardson >
> wrote:
>> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

> I have made gallons of this for buffets, picnics, parties, BBQs etc.
>
> Vinegar Coleslaw

That sounds wonderful! Saved.

Serene
--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 10:13*am, hahabogus > wrote:
> Janis > wrote ella.org:
>
> How much is _ ?

You get to choose so we can argue about it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Aug 27, 11:25*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Corey Richardson" > wrote in message

> > What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

> IMHO the best in the world.
>
> From the Original Panrty in Los Angeles CA.
>
> The Original Pantry Coleslaw recipe
>
> If you are going to try it DO NOT SUBSTITUTE.

Why? Everyone will and then bitch that the recipe didn't turn out
right!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

"Brawny" > wrote in message
On Aug 27, 11:25 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Corey Richardson" > wrote in message

> > What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

> IMHO the best in the world.
>
> From the Original Panrty in Los Angeles CA.
>
> The Original Pantry Coleslaw recipe
>
> If you are going to try it DO NOT SUBSTITUTE.

Why? Everyone will and then bitch that the recipe didn't turn out
right!

I have made this recipe for years and over the years I have found the WHITE
WINE VINEGAR is crucial to the recipe. The flavor is very specific an to be
frank I keep WWV around specifically for that recipe.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Corey Richardson > wrote:

> What's your favorite recipe for Coleslaw?

Shredded cabbage, carrots, onion, maybe radishes and cucumbers if I have
good ones available. Mom's oil-and-vinegar-base dressing.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and

coleslaw KROM Diabetic 9 20-09-2011 12:02 AM
KFC Coleslaw Marita Blessing Recipes (moderated) 0 14-10-2006 01:56 AM
Coleslaw for Two Dania Recipes (moderated) 0 10-07-2006 03:03 AM
KFC Coleslaw Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 28-05-2005 01:46 AM
Coleslaw Blondie Lou General Cooking 0 06-04-2005 10:43 PM