Old 03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Terry Pulliam Burd

Default Well, That Was Easy

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

Old 03-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Pennyaline

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote:
Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

Nah, couldn't be bothered. I too eliminated every single one of his posts
with just a few swift strokes. Who says Outlook isn't good for anything?

Old 03-02-2004, 04:17 AM
x-archive:no

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:17:24 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
wrote:

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

SNIP

A. Melon is an anonymous remailer. Send compaints with message headers
to . See more information about them at
http://www.melontraffickers.com/remailer.html

Old 03-02-2004, 04:22 AM
The Ranger

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote in message
Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just
made every penny I spent on commercial Agent worth
it. A couple of keyboard moves and they all disappeared.

OE's filtering made it easier still...

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP
is and who *he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be
about everyone, you ask me.)

Nah... Just not worth the effort.

The Ranger

Old 03-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Gregory Morrow

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

This happened on soc.history.what-if last year, rendering the group vitually
unusable for a while. In that case, someone eventually ferreted out that
the ISP was in Austria. Every single nonsense post in that case had a
different address, so it was hard to filter the posts out...the culprit was
the infamous shw-i troll "Matt Giwer".

In this case, I was able to filter out all the posts in one fell stroke -
and I'm on lowly OE ;-)

Have seen similar (but smaller) attacks on rec.travel.europe and
misc.consumers.frugal-living IIRC.

--
Best
Greg

Old 03-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Rodney Myrvaagnes

wrote:

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Terry, please say what the keystrokes are. I have the same program but
I am not that adept with it.

Thanks

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you
Old 03-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Pennyaline" wrote:

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote:
Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

Nah, couldn't be bothered. I too eliminated every single one of his posts
with just a few swift strokes. Who says Outlook isn't good for anything?

I'm using MT newswatcher and was able to do it too. ;-)
Thanks for the reminder of filters! Cut them all out after a couple of
tries...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 AM
MEow

While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, Rodney Myrvaagnes of Global Network
Services - Remote Access Mail & News Services said:

Terry, please say what the keystrokes are. I have the same program but
I am not that adept with it.

Press Ctrl k while you have a message in the thread, or by the person, which you
want to KF highlighted; that should make a window show up where you can set the
filter to just the name, the name + the address, the subject title or something
else.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Old 03-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Julia Altshuler

Default OT- Well, That Was Easy - the current flooding annoyance

Gregory Morrow wrote:

This happened on soc.history.what-if last year, rendering the group vitually
unusable for a while. In that case, someone eventually ferreted out that
the ISP was in Austria. Every single nonsense post in that case had a
different address, so it was hard to filter the posts out...the culprit was
the infamous shw-i troll "Matt Giwer".

I'm using Mozilla on a Linux platform. I killfile by sorting my
messages by sender and marking them all read in one fell swoop. I
re-sort by thread and do the same to the threads I'm not interested in.
When I get back to the newsgroup, all the messages I don't care to
read are gone, and I can sit back and enjoy. I have to do it each time
I sit down to the computer, but it takes only seconds so I don't mind
too much. It also means I have to memorize the names of the people I
choose to killfile (yes, there are some regulars in this category), but
I don't find that too difficult.

I'm not normally this curious about usenet annoyances preferring to find
a killfile solution and move on, but the name "Matt Giwer" caught my
attention. It seems he's been around for at least 10 years and has, at
one time or another, bothered every group including a private mailing
list I'm on. He (it?) uses an amazing array of bothering techniques
including porn, anti-Semetic remarks, flooding, automatic doubling.
Does anyone know who or what it is? Is he a troubled individual, a
group, a program? It would seem that if he's an individual there ought
to be some law somewhere that could jail or silence him. (That's not a
well-thought out comment on law and law enforcement, more of a sigh and
lament.)

--Lia

Old 03-02-2004, 05:08 PM
John Gaughan

Julia Altshuler wrote:
I'm using Mozilla on a Linux platform.

Woohoo! Another one on the dark side :-)

I use Mozilla in Windows only because I'm a member of a private NNTP
server and keep over 100,000 messages locally. This causes problems for
me when using Mozilla in Linux, but the Windows version has no problems.

I killfile by sorting my messages by sender and marking them all read
in one fell swoop. I re-sort by thread and do the same to the
threads I'm not interested in.

Yeah, but this doesn't ignore them so they don't come back. My only
gripe about Mozilla is that I cannot ignore multiple threads at the same
time. So I wind up filtering them instead in the case of A.Melon.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Old 03-02-2004, 05:17 PM
AChrist787

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Nah, I just killfiled him and he went away like a good boy.

Anne

AAC/AAF/AFBV62.0844.AZ
http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 PM
[email protected]

Gee! I just read them all pant, pant, pant and then I notified
the ISP but it is just a remailer.

Pennyaline wrote:

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote:

Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
they all disappeared.

Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
*he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
me.)

Nah, couldn't be bothered. I too eliminated every single one of his posts
with just a few swift strokes. Who says Outlook isn't good for anything?

Easy dip [email protected] General Cooking 8 05-10-2013 12:33 AM
Here's an easy one.......... Tommy Joe General Cooking 0 19-02-2012 02:38 AM
Easy Way Tea TaeHo Tea 0 13-12-2009 07:14 AM
Easy McTarget Martin Willett Restaurants 39 10-02-2007 02:29 PM
This is too easy! [email protected] Winemaking 1 31-07-2006 05:25 PM