Gregory Morrow

Default Well, That Was Easy

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> Whoever "A. Melon" is, his 200+ posts to the ng just made every penny
> I spent on commercial Agent worth it. A couple of keyboard moves and
> they all disappeared.
>
> Anyone around more able than I to figure out who his ISP is and who
> *he* is to complain? (This would pro'lly be about everyone, you ask
> me.)

This happened on soc.history.what-if last year, rendering the group vitually
unusable for a while. In that case, someone eventually ferreted out that
the ISP was in Austria. Every single nonsense post in that case had a
different address, so it was hard to filter the posts out...the culprit was
the infamous shw-i troll "Matt Giwer".

In this case, I was able to filter out all the posts in one fell stroke -
and I'm on lowly OE ;-)

Have seen similar (but smaller) attacks on rec.travel.europe and
misc.consumers.frugal-living IIRC.

--
Best
Greg