Old 28-07-2006, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default This is too easy!

Years ago I became interested in brewing and decided to try fermenting
a gallon of apply juice. The resulting beverage was nice, but
uninspiring. A while back I caught the bug again and decided to try my
hand at winemaking. I started with one of Jack Keller's recipes for
wine from Welches concentrate. I used Concord juice and the resulting
wine was surprisingly good, so I decided to try again with Niagara
concentrate. Wow! Even though it's a little young (one month since
bottling), it's better than many commercial white wines that I've had.
If I'd known it was this easy to make great wine, I would have started
a long time ago.

With each success comes a greater interest. At this point I have 7
separate gallons in progress. Everything from Meads and Pyments to
regular wine from Vinifera concentrate. An intervention might be
required in the near future :-}

I'm making this post not to brag about my results thus far... my early
success can be attributed to Jack Keller, Welches, and a few million
happy yeast cells. My intent is to spur any lurker's into action;
winemaking requires a great deal of patience, but surprisingly little
effort.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their sage advice. I've learned a
lot from searching through old messages. It seems as though every
possible question has been asked at some point.

Regards,

Greg G.
greg (at) testengineering (. ) info

Old 31-07-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Congratulations. Hope you stick with it and enjoy your new hobby. The
Welch's does come out surprisingly nice doesn't it. It is also a good
blender for fruit wines.

Ray

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Easy dip [email protected] General Cooking 8 05-10-2013 12:33 AM
Here's an easy one.......... Tommy Joe General Cooking 0 19-02-2012 02:38 AM
Easy Way Tea TaeHo Tea 0 13-12-2009 07:14 AM
Easy McTarget Martin Willett Restaurants 39 10-02-2007 02:29 PM
Well, That Was Easy Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 34 05-02-2004 09:30 PM