Mark Shaw

Default OT- Well, That Was Easy - the current flooding annoyance

In article <HSNTb.213507$xy6.1102224@attbi_s02>,
Julia Altshuler > wrote:

>I'm not normally this curious about usenet annoyances preferring to find
>a killfile solution and move on, but the name "Matt Giwer" caught my
>attention. It seems he's been around for at least 10 years and has, at
>one time or another, bothered every group including a private mailing
>list I'm on. He (it?) uses an amazing array of bothering techniques
>including porn, anti-Semetic remarks, flooding, automatic doubling.
>Does anyone know who or what it is? Is he a troubled individual, a
>group, a program?

Giwer seems to be an individual, and was at one time somewhat
more balanced. He's always been troubled to some extent,
though.

I remember once he started posting to alt.books.tom-clancy,
claiming that he gave Clancy the idea for _Hunt for Red
October_. Little did he know that Clancy himself was at that
time posting to that newsgroup -- he showed up within a few
days and spanked Giwer quite thoroughly.

> It would seem that if he's an individual there ought
>to be some law somewhere that could jail or silence him. (That's not a
>well-thought out comment on law and law enforcement, more of a sigh and
>lament.)

Two words: J*rry H*we.

ObFood: I currently have a houseguest who cannot eat chocolate.
Any thoughts on how Barb's brownies would taste made with white
chocolate or some other such variation?

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers