John Gaughan

Default OT- Well, That Was Easy - the current flooding annoyance

Julia Altshuler wrote:
> I'm using Mozilla on a Linux platform.

Woohoo! Another one on the dark side :-)

I use Mozilla in Windows only because I'm a member of a private NNTP
server and keep over 100,000 messages locally. This causes problems for
me when using Mozilla in Linux, but the Windows version has no problems.

> I killfile by sorting my messages by sender and marking them all read
> in one fell swoop. I re-sort by thread and do the same to the
> threads I'm not interested in.

Yeah, but this doesn't ignore them so they don't come back. My only
gripe about Mozilla is that I cannot ignore multiple threads at the same
time. So I wind up filtering them instead in the case of A.Melon.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/