Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default w.r.t responses on ""Top 5 Worst Foods You Can Eat That PeopleThink Are Healthy" Options "

On Aug 17, 6:13*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> On Aug 16, 3:16*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>

> > amandaF wrote:
> > > Regardless of what the guy's motive was in posting those 5 food, I was
> > > looking for *some rebuttal from scientific perspective in RELEVANCE to
> > > FOOD DIGESTION in human body. * So if you (referring to idiots only)
> > > are idiotic enough to attack me *go ahead but try to remove your
> > > ignorance by learnign that Chemistry as a subject title exists only at
> > > high school level. In college it is offered under many different title
> > > that would fall under the categories of
> > > - General Chemisty
> > > - Organic Chemistry
> > > - Inorganic Chemistry
> > > - Analytical Chemistr
> > > - Biochemistry
> > > etc.

> > > So, in graduate school, one must choose a specialization among these.

> > > Try looking up the courses at a university wesbite before you spew
> > > your ignorance as if I am suppoed to understand everything under the
> > > sun. "Stoopid" is all I will call you (and you know who you are).

> > ...and yet, a chemist who chooses one of the specialties you list above must
> > have ALREADY mastered the chemistry which is taught at the high school
> > level, right? So anything which can be seen as nonsense and riddled with
> > fallacies and fiction at the lower level will still be nonsense, fallacies,
> > and fiction at the higher level, won't it?

> Don't feel flattred about what I am about to say. Your response is the
> only post I opended and skimmed through in this thread. I will just
> tell you this: The guy who told me that spciy food is VERY bad from
> the digestive tract is a PhD chemist who did some research work in
> Biochemistry. Not that that'd make him expert in this topic on spciy
> food.

I can't tell whether that last sentence is sarcasm or sincere.

"some research work in biochemistry" is not impressive credentials.
He seems only marginally more authoritative than the proverbial
man on the street.