Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default peas

i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 2:21*pm, A Moose In Love
wrote:
i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Good for you.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Good for you.

how you like your peas chemo?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose In Love" wrote in message
i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Peas and onions are a good combination. Have you tried pearl onions with
peas?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 5:45*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
"A Moose In Love" wrote in ...

i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Peas and onions are a good combination. *Have you tried pearl onions with
peas?

Yes i have; excellent combination.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

Good for you.

how you like your peas chemo?

About as much as I like butter on my toast.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:
i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

I like to saute the minced onions (red onions in particular) with minced
ham, then add cream and cook down a bit. Add the frozen peas and cook a
bit. Its a wonderful treat, and I didn't really ever like peas much as a
child.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2010 16:30, Goomba wrote:
A Moose In Love wrote:
i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

I like to saute the minced onions (red onions in particular) with minced
ham, then add cream and cook down a bit. Add the frozen peas and cook a
bit. Its a wonderful treat, and I didn't really ever like peas much as a
child.

Skip the minced ham and use bacon.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Are NOT hip, no matter what Craig said!

John Kuthe...
Old 13-07-2010, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 9:19*pm, John Kuthe wrote:
Are NOT hip, no matter what Craig said!

Her name is no longer Craig.

John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Old 13-07-2010, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 9:22*pm, Food Snob® wrote:
On Jul 12, 9:19*pm, John Kuthe wrote:

Are NOT hip, no matter what Craig said!

Her name is no longer Craig.

Her name was Craig when he said it!

John Kuthe...
Old 13-07-2010, 03:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:
i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

I like to saute the minced onions (red onions in particular) with minced
ham, then add cream and cook down a bit. Add the frozen peas and cook a
bit. Its a wonderful treat, and I didn't really ever like peas much as a
child.

Skip the minced ham and use bacon.

no no.. the ham is *perfect*
I don't want to add any smokiness to the mild, creamy peas. They're just
perfect the way I described.
Old 13-07-2010, 04:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:

i like to saute' frozen peas in butter slowly with added cooking
onions finely chopped.

I like to saute the minced onions (red onions in particular) with minced
ham, then add cream and cook down a bit. Add the frozen peas and cook a
bit. Its a wonderful treat, and I didn't really ever like peas much as a
child.

Skip the minced ham and use bacon.

Other than in fried rice i like to serve fresh peas lightly and quickly
blanched in boiling water and finished in butter and a soupçon garlic.

So i do frozen peas for the elderly relative, every once in a while, for
her, in the same way.

I think she would prefere i use garlic powder but i never buy the stuff.
Even the halfway decent "granulated" garlic the local deli sell in
bulk, .75¢ per ounce.

I once stated to her with my gravest authoity, that: i CANNOT cook in a
kitchen with no garlic in it! we would have to go out for dinner!

20 - 30 minutes later after i had decided what to make for dinner she
came back into the kitchen all dressed up to go out for dnner Hat,
gloves, pearls, low heels, cloth coat & etc.

Apparently my complaint about being out of garlic was a more plausable
reason for eating out than i imagined

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Old 13-07-2010, 09:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"JL" wrote in message
.. .

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 13-07-2010, 11:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:

[...]

Garlic powder is infinitely better than no garlic!

John Kuthe...

Two Peas In A Pod Brooklyn1 General Cooking 25 06-04-2013 05:42 PM
Peas and Bacon Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 3 01-04-2013 10:28 PM
Mmm... Peas! Julie Bove Diabetic 24 19-05-2009 02:44 AM
peas and thank you Julia Altshuler General Cooking 15 05-07-2004 09:11 PM
peas and thank you Julia Altshuler General Cooking 5 02-07-2004 06:53 PM