Old 25-02-2009, 03:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
jj jj is offline

Default Sink Poll - are you a double or single bowler? What is your Dream sink? :-)

Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. long sentence hunh)

Old 25-02-2009, 03:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jj" wrote in message
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

I have a large single sink back at my apartment in TN. Sometimes I miss it
because it's large enough to take a 13X9" glass baking dish or to soak my
broiler pan without a problem. OTOH, it's nice to have a second sink to be
able to rinse things off in and in which to set a dish drainer. Ideally,
I'd have all three. Unfortunately I'll never have the "ideal"

Jill

Old 25-02-2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jj wrote:
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. long sentence hunh)

I like the double bowl. I leave the dish rack in one side and have one
bowl for washing and whatever. If I need the other side I can take out
the drying rack.
Old 25-02-2009, 03:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jj wrote:
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. long sentence hunh)

I have a porcelain sink now and I hate it.I would prefer a single large,
deep sink.

-Tracy

Old 25-02-2009, 03:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sink Poll - are you a double or single bowler? What is your Dream sink? :-) (LONG REPSONSE)

"jj" wrote in message
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. long sentence hunh)

One of the dumbest mistakes I made was installing a double sink in the new
kitchen we built last year. I thought it was a really cool idea and had 2
friends that had one in their kitchens. They swore by it (though they
disavow any knowledge of doing that now). I chose one that had a large bowl
and a small bowl to the left that contains the disposal. It's a really nice
sink but I can't put large baking sheets or roasting pans flat in the large
bowl to clean them, a huge disadvantage.

I thought It would be great to have the garbage disposal in a separate bowl
so I could scrape dishes and stack them in the large bowl and not worry
about blocking the disposal chute, but the cost in sink space is too great.
Every time I make a large dinner I'm juggling having to do all the small
stuff first so I have room to do the roasting pans at an angle, which takes
the whole sink. If I want to soak them is soapy water it has to be on the
counter. A real PITA.

We've actually been discussing pulling the sink and putting in a single bow,
which would be expensive as the granite would have to be re-cut to fit the
new sink. But it bugs me enough that well probably do that this summer.

BTW, if our space for a sink was bigger it wouldn't be an issue. Our sink
had to fit into a 36" cabinet. If we had a 48" base this would have given us
room for a BIG double sink would have worked much better.

Jon

Old 25-02-2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jj" wrote in message
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

I like my sink. Enamel, double, kind of plain, shines up nice. The most
important part of the kitchen is the window over the sink, as long as
everything works fine.

Old 25-02-2009, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:54:21 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

I like my sink. Enamel, double, kind of plain, shines up nice. The most
important part of the kitchen is the window over the sink, as long as
everything works fine.

Mine is finally ss. I used the porcelain sink that came with the
house and hated it every minute. I like my sink window too. It's
huge and comes all the way down to the back splash.

Mae West
Old 25-02-2009, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote

I've always had a single deep sink with a sprayer/hose on the side.
Double bowls are too small for my purposes. I don't like the faucets
where the head turns into a sprayer hose. Doesn't feel right to me.

I think I know what you mean... those tend to slide from your grip because
they don't have that big head.

Old 25-02-2009, 06:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 10:09*am, (jj) wrote:
Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? *Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? *snort

What do you like best about your sink? *Worst? * What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. *long sentence hunh)

I prefer single. I don't wash dishes by hand, so a double bowl just
means "half the size", which isn't very useful.

My dream sink isn't terribly deep (because bending over is hard on
the back), but is big enough to accommodate
a half sheet pan and/or the grates from my stove. (Thanks for
the reminder; I'm googling in another tab to see if they're dishwasher
safe.) I'd also like to try a farmhouse-style sink, with the "apron"
in the front.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 25-02-2009, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:09:30 GMT,
(jj) wrote:

Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
out rather than coming in at the top. long sentence hunh)

We have always had a double-bowl sink and that's what we like, for
washing & rinsing dishes among other things. In the past it was
stainless steel, as deep as possible. The current sink is one of
those composite jobs that looks sort of like black granite. Doesn't
chip like porcelain, but it does appear to have stained (rust)
somewhat over the last five or six years. Still, it's nice and solid
and deep. We've no desire to change.

Ours has, and I personally prefer, separate hot and cold handles
rather than the single lift handle. And the faucet itself is a tall
gooseneck so that we can put almost anything underneath it; a tall
bucket, a big stockpot, whatever.

Best -- Terry
Old 26-02-2009, 03:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jj" wrote in message
How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

I love having the double sink.It's easier to wash dishes, wash in one side
and rinse in the other side. Plus, if there's dishes in the sink, I can
still use the other side for washing food and rinsing things as I'm cooking.

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

I like that my sinks are deep and the faucet is high enough to get things
under. I am very satisfied with my sink. I really don't have complaints
about the actual sink. My countertop isn't level though so any water that
splashes back behind the faucet rolls all the way to the end of the counter
and onto the floor if I don't catch it in time.
Marie

Old 26-02-2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jj wrote:

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

Bi-bowlular.

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

It's SS, easy to keep clean, both bowls are nice and deep. Faucet suits
me too.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Old 26-02-2009, 04:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" wrote in message
jj wrote:

How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? snort

Bi-bowlular.

What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
sink/faucet be?

It's SS, easy to keep clean, both bowls are nice and deep.

Faucet suits me too.

Figures you'd be a faucet maven... guess it's suitable for nice and deep...
mine has a big spray head, and by pressing my rubbery tip you can choose a
stream or a powerful spray: http://i39.tinypic.com/34plt7t.jpg

Double Bowl Offset Kitchen Sink Aamira Cooking Equipment 4 20-12-2013 06:53 AM
The kitchen sink Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 4 09-11-2012 03:16 AM
Kitchen sink Dimitri General Cooking 181 05-02-2012 02:45 PM
Everything but the kitchen sink? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 39 03-09-2008 10:34 PM
Oak Chips Sink? J F Winemaking 4 17-12-2004 04:32 PM