Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default Sink Poll - are you a double or single bowler? What is your Dream sink? :-)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:09:30 GMT,
(jj) wrote:

>Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
>bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.
>
>How about you? Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? <snort>
>
>What do you like best about your sink? Worst? What would your dream
>sink/faucet be?
>
>One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
>release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
>I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
>bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
>out rather than coming in at the top. <long sentence hunh)

We have always had a double-bowl sink and that's what we like, for
washing & rinsing dishes among other things. In the past it was
stainless steel, as deep as possible. The current sink is one of
those composite jobs that looks sort of like black granite. Doesn't
chip like porcelain, but it does appear to have stained (rust)
somewhat over the last five or six years. Still, it's nice and solid
and deep. We've no desire to change.

Ours has, and I personally prefer, separate hot and cold handles
rather than the single lift handle. And the faucet itself is a tall
gooseneck so that we can put almost anything underneath it; a tall
bucket, a big stockpot, whatever.

Best -- Terry