Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The kitchen sink

The kitchen sink has been leaking for about a week and a half, but I
had too much work to do for the election to mess with it. Well, I
took it apart today, then called Price-Pfister, and the parts are on
their way (3-5 business days). free of charge, and if I'd wanted to
pay extra, they could have been here sooner. The call took about 3 or
4 minutes. I did their little survey after the call and gave them
perfect marks. Good job Price-Pfister.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:11:20 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

>The kitchen sink has been leaking for about a week and a half, but I
>had too much work to do for the election to mess with it. Well, I
>took it apart today, then called Price-Pfister, and the parts are on
>their way (3-5 business days). free of charge, and if I'd wanted to
>pay extra, they could have been here sooner. The call took about 3 or
>4 minutes. I did their little survey after the call and gave them
>perfect marks. Good job Price-Pfister.

All the major faucet companys give free innards for the lifetime of
the faucet to the original purchaser. But Price-Pfister faucets are
crap (I have one at my kitchen sink), I never had any luck with them
and changing the innards on some models is a pain (I changed its
innards every two years like clockwork), I wish it would just die so I
would be forced to install a whole new one. American Standard sucks
too, had them in my bathrooms but they died and I bought Kohler. I
would no longer buy any faucet but Kohler, well worth the few dollars
more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 8, 3:31*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:11:20 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> >The kitchen sink has been leaking for about a week and a half, but I
> >had too much work to do for the election to mess with it. *Well, I
> >took it apart today, then called Price-Pfister, and the parts are on
> >their way (3-5 business days). free of charge, and if I'd wanted to
> >pay extra, they could have been here sooner. *The call took about 3 or
> >4 minutes. *I did their little survey after the call and gave them
> >perfect marks. *Good job Price-Pfister.

> All the major faucet companys give free innards for the lifetime of
> the faucet to the original purchaser. *But Price-Pfister faucets are
> crap (I have one at my kitchen sink), I never had any luck with them
> and changing the innards on some models is a pain (I changed its
> innards every two years like clockwork), I wish it would just die so I
> would be forced to install a whole new one. *American Standard sucks
> too, had them in my bathrooms but they died and I bought Kohler. *I
> would no longer buy any faucet but Kohler, well worth the few dollars
> more.

Why don't you just replace them...ya cheapo bastid!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 8, 5:38*pm, Chemo > wrote:
> On Nov 8, 3:31*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:11:20 -0800 (PST), Bryan

> > > wrote:
> > >The kitchen sink has been leaking for about a week and a half, but I
> > >had too much work to do for the election to mess with it. *Well, I
> > >took it apart today, then called Price-Pfister, and the parts are on
> > >their way (3-5 business days). free of charge, and if I'd wanted to
> > >pay extra, they could have been here sooner. *The call took about 3 or
> > >4 minutes. *I did their little survey after the call and gave them
> > >perfect marks. *Good job Price-Pfister.

> > All the major faucet companys give free innards for the lifetime of
> > the faucet to the original purchaser. *But Price-Pfister faucets are
> > crap (I have one at my kitchen sink), I never had any luck with them
> > and changing the innards on some models is a pain (I changed its
> > innards every two years like clockwork), I wish it would just die so I
> > would be forced to install a whole new one. *American Standard sucks
> > too, had them in my bathrooms but they died and I bought Kohler. *I
> > would no longer buy any faucet but Kohler, well worth the few dollars
> > more.

> Why don't you just replace them...ya cheapo bastid!

They're easy to fix, no matter what the brand, and their lifetime
warranty means free parts. It seems like the cost of replacing the
cartridge was built into their pricing structure.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:38:38 -0800 (PST), Chemo >
wrote:

>On Nov 8, 3:31*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:11:20 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >The kitchen sink has been leaking for about a week and a half, but I
>> >had too much work to do for the election to mess with it. *Well, I
>> >took it apart today, then called Price-Pfister, and the parts are on
>> >their way (3-5 business days). free of charge, and if I'd wanted to
>> >pay extra, they could have been here sooner. *The call took about 3 or
>> >4 minutes. *I did their little survey after the call and gave them
>> >perfect marks. *Good job Price-Pfister.

>> All the major faucet companys give free innards for the lifetime of
>> the faucet to the original purchaser. *But Price-Pfister faucets are
>> crap (I have one at my kitchen sink), I never had any luck with them
>> and changing the innards on some models is a pain (I changed its
>> innards every two years like clockwork), I wish it would just die so I
>> would be forced to install a whole new one. *American Standard sucks
>> too, had them in my bathrooms but they died and I bought Kohler. *I
>> would no longer buy any faucet but Kohler, well worth the few dollars
>> more.

>Why don't you just replace them...ya cheapo bastid!

Has nothing to do with money, it's all to do with inconvenience. In
order to change the faucet I would need to find a midget plumber,
because whoever designed my kitchen made it virtually impossible for
any normal person weighing more than 120 pounds to contort themselves
in order to work in my under sink cabinet... there's a big center
mullion making either of the two door openings much too narrow... were
my arms about a foot longer I could do the job myself. It's difficult
enough to find plumbers around here, let alone any that weigh under
200 pounds. I had the same dilemma with one of my bathroom faucets
but at that time the service guy from the company that maintains my
boiler was a very small and thin wiry guy, Dennis, but he long ago
moved on.