Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sink Poll - are you a double or single bowler? What is your Dream

On Feb 25, 10:09*am, (jj) wrote:
> Hey so I dunno why but lately I have really been finding my double
> bowl kitchen sink annoying and dreaming of a nice deep single bowl.
>
> How about you? *Are you a monogamous or bi-bowlular? *<snort>
>
> What do you like best about your sink? *Worst? * What would your dream
> sink/faucet be?
>
> One feature I haven't seen (haven't looked very widely) is a quick
> release tip for either the main faucet or the water gun on the hose so
> I can clip on a thin 6 inch long tube and send water directly to the
> bottom of a jar of stuff so the rinse water pushes all the old water
> out rather than coming in at the top. *<long sentence hunh)

I prefer single. I don't wash dishes by hand, so a double bowl just
means "half the size", which isn't very useful.

My dream sink isn't terribly deep (because bending over is hard on
the back), but is big enough to accommodate
a half sheet pan and/or the grates from my stove. (Thanks for
the reminder; I'm googling in another tab to see if they're dishwasher
safe.) I'd also like to try a farmhouse-style sink, with the "apron"
in the front.

Cindy Hamilton